TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Everyone goes down the pub?

Looking at the figures as they currently stand it doesn't seem like Labour and the Lib Dems are going to have enough seats between them without also pulling in a mish mash of independents under this "anti-conservative" thing that they seem to be claiming is the new version of winning.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Everyone goes down the pub?

Clockwatching starts now.

this "anti-conservative" thing that they seem to be claiming is the new version of winning

That'll suit me.

Fantasy League:

1 PMGarden who me 104 2375
    2 Rio Merk'd Me Ali J 86 2240
    3 Arse'n'Wenger Marc Dos 84 2213

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Give it 9 months for the re-election.

Ed Balls, it's HERO TIME.

1 PMGarden who me 104 2375
    2 Rio Merk'd Me Ali J 86 2240
    3 Arse'n'Wenger Marc Dos 84 2213

Second is the new first. Lefty's on a whole nother level with this shit. Still, Mike & Rich are mere days away now....

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I gave up because 1st place was clearly impossible. Plus I'm not about to start selecting a load of Chelsea players.

Yeah i expect I would have done similar if I wasn't still in the lead by a whisper in my other league. Bragging rights are all that's kept me even looking at the game since around March as gave up on tactical and intelligent subs round January when I realised I had to transfer in Fwank.

Fridays will seem strangely empty without it though.

Last game of the season always a bit of a lottery doe, as teams with nothing to play for may give kids a run out and rest their overpaid millionaires for the impending WC.

Yes Spurs and City, I am talking about you.

Indeed. Was thinking that there may be a rather interesting team put out by Fulham as well. Think Spurs will finish strongly though, still got that automatic CL qualification up for grabs....

Indeed. Was thinking that there may be a rather interesting team put out by Fulham as well. Think Spurs will finish strongly though, still got that automatic CL qualification up for grabs....

...And the potential of doing Arsenal out of 3rd.

Stop that talk.

Fabianski will see us safe.

Although I am banking on Fulham resting everybody for that final!

Looking forward to Fantasy World Cup now. I will have my revenge there.

Having got caught up in the hypnotic media whirl last night and severely lacking in sleep I can only kick myself for falling into the trap again of believing that I needed to watch any of it unfold before this morning.

I see Clegg's started putting on his "come get me" shimmy and is about to talk to Cameron. The ultimate forehead combination.

Stop that talk.

Fabianski will see us safe.

LOL. Yeah i think you'll be fine, my friend predicted that Arsenal wouldn't get anymore points about a week ago and has so far been proven right but I think his prediction was based more on putting the boot into our downhearted gunner mate than statistical analysis.

Looking forward to Fantasy World Cup now. I will have my revenge there.

Oh good lord, had forgotten about that, it never ends does it.

The ultimate forehead combination.

Abelard Snazz is a character based on the disconcerting image of a man with two rows of eyes, on the logic that that means two brains, but a tendency to come up with solutions to problems that are overly complicated and only cause more problems. He's a really maddening character

Ha ha ha!It's so accurate it hurts.

B/w that picture is really really doing my tired eyes in.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Party SEATS CHANGE VOTE %
    Conservative 292 +92 36.1
    Labour 251 -87 29.3
    Liberal Democrat 52 -5 22.9

Well that was close. Pretty gutted about the poor showing for the libs, people pussied out as predicted.
    So what now? Can't see the Con. giving the LibDems electoral reform in return for their votes, so I guess we'll have to go through all this again in 9 months.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    George Galloway just lost his seat! LOL.

Doc McCoy's manor?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    George Galloway just lost his seat! LOL.

Not strictly true, as Galloway wasn't the sitting MP for Poplar & Limehouse. But he got his arse handed to him anyway. Furthermore, the seat he won in 2005, Bethnal Green & Bow, where he declared he wouldn't stand for re-election, has swung emphatically back to Labour. Good, because he and his party are a complete fucking joke.

Meet our new MP.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    your mp is higher up the blappability index then ours

Location of 0.01% non white Londoner revealed!

Not as gorgeous as George though.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Let's look at the Galloway pros and cons

PROS
    He beasted Congress (possibly something to do with them being unable to cut through the accent)
    Entertaining radio show
    Never heard him get beaten in an argument

CONS
    Big Brother mewling puking cat thing
    Villa in Portugal
    Looks like he'd lick his image in a mirror
    Sadaam money secret squirrel - see Potuguese villa
    "Kidz on the streetz" styled hilariously naff party name
    God complex

OK, I see why he didn't get elected

Doc, was yours one of the manors where folks got locked out? Why the delay in announcing the result?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Let's look at the Galloway pros and cons

PROS
    He beasted Congress (possibly something to do with them being unable to cut through the accent)
    Entertaining radio show
    Never heard him get beaten in an argument

CONS
    Big Brother mewling puking cat thing
    Villa in Portugal
    Looks like he'd lick his image in a mirror
    Sadaam money secret squirrel - see Potuguese villa
    "Kidz on the streetz" styled hilariously naff party name
    God complex

OK, I see why he didn't get elected

Doc, was yours one of the manors where folks got locked out? Why the delay in announcing the result?

I don't think ours was particularly problematic as far as all that was concerned. As well as the Parliamentary elections, there was also the Tower Hamlets council elections and a referendum, triggered by Galloway, on whether or not there should be a directly-elected mayor with executive powers for the borough, so there was a bit more counting to be done. I don't know how the referendum's gone down yet, but it seems clear to me that Galloway saw it as an opportunity to hang onto whatever power base he may still have had after the general election.

Since the turnout was up almost 20% over 2005, it's fairly clear that people round here had seen what useless posturing bullshitters Galloway and Respect had been during their time in office and came out in force to empty them out.

You guys following Cameron's speech? It still boggles the mind how the Lib Dems could join up with a party where they differ on almost all the big issues they focus on in their manifesto but, considering Clegg is speaking straight after, it kind of looks that way.

You guys following Cameron's speech? It still boggles the mind how the Lib Dems could join up with a party where they differ on almost all the big issues they focus on in their manifesto but, considering Clegg is speaking straight after, it kind of looks that way.

I'm reading a feed on the Guardian, and yeah, the idea of the Lib Dems 'getting into bed' with the Tories is sickening.

Cameron proposes "an all-party committee of inquiry" on electoral reform.

^^^ BULLSHIT. Just like Blair, there was an inquiry, and then it was ignored. There's no way the Tories will agree to any electoral reform that would in effect, completely marginalise them in future elections.

Yeah it basically sounds like he's asking the Lib Dems to support the Tories (without coalition) with the promise that they'll have a look at some point at a couple of the issues the Lib Dems are passionate about.
    As long as they don't involve Europe, Nuclear power or immigration.

SMH

Time to see how much of a pushover the Dems really are/how much they really hate Brown I guess.

Surely Clegg's party will talk some sense into him? Get Clegg to talk to Labour, and see if Brown stepping down would seal the deal. I dunno, but this seems very rushed, as if the media's thirst for a result is dictating the pace. Have all the seats even come in yet? What about the contested seats where people couldn't vote? This is all happening too fast.

Senior, did you actually vote yesterday?

As long as they don't involve Europe, Nuclear power or immigration.

Or Proportional Representation.

I would have thought the Lib Dems natural enemy was dem Blues, but it's like Labour has got AIDS and halitosis. Brown to claim squatters rights.

I can see a spin here:

"Disabled (one eye, right?) jobless man ousted from home by old Etonian".

Exactly - totally media driven. Think I read something earlier that compared this to 74. Obviously before my time but then it was all done in secret conversations behind closed doors. Now the leaders are actually negotiating through press conferences rather than talking to each other and doing it before ten seats are even declared.

The last thing we need right now is another snap judgement.

Sorry indictment of modern politics.

I honestly don't know if they could get rid of Brown right now though - we've just had the saga of an unelected PM, surely they can't do it again?