I have a right to sell despicable nazi records.

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Next thing you know you'll be pushing "Power of the Source" on people!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    If you are fine with peddling hate propoganda then fine. If not, just throw them in the trash. I don't see what the big deal is.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm not conflicted - ebay's policy is not cleanly enforced.

I may opt for the hot model stomping viral video option though!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Burning books, records, or art on either side of the isle is not right because it all adds up to the story of our lives.

Most books, records and "art" are junk--we as a society may not be "burning" them, but we dispose of them all the time. I know I do.

You are starting to dodge and waiver.

The protest was over pubic destruction of a record based on it's content.

Now you are talking about "disposing" of trash.

The only books, records or art I have ever thrown in the trash have been damaged beyond any use.

I doubt that there are many people, besides yourself, who after reading a Dan Brown novel or purchasing a Fairley print throw it in the trash.

I never "waver".

Lots of books/records are deemed worthless because of their content, not their condition.

I would never read a Dan Brown novel, but if one came into my possession it would go straight to the recycle bin. It has a de minimus resale value because of its content (specifically, the fact that that content is so widely available), and is therefore worthless to me.

I simply take objection to this idea that bad ideas suddenly become sacrosanct because they have been reduced to physical form on vinyl or in print; they're no better or worse than they were when they only existed as thoughts or words spoken aloud.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

GOOD RECORDS: We Hate White Power As Much You Do

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

I never "waver".

Lots of books/records are deemed worthless because of their content, not their condition.

I would never read a Dan Brown novel, but if one came into my possession it would go straight to the recycle bin. It has a de minimus resale value because of its content (specifically, the fact that that content is so widely available), and is therefore worthless to me.

I simply take objection to this idea that bad ideas suddenly become sacrosanct because they have been reduced to physical form on vinyl or in print; they're no better or worse than they were when they only existed as thoughts or words spoken aloud.

Your responses are always as if your speaking to yourself in the mirror. You must be insane.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

I never "waver".

Your responses are always as if your speaking to yourself in the mirror. You must be insane.
    That's swag you're sensing.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• crashcoursecrashcourse 214 Posts
    the first skrewdriver lp and early singles are not racist or even hateful in anyway. they were released by reputatable labels in both the uk and germany, chiswick and metronome respectively. then they broke up and ian stuart got a new band. i used to hear the rumor that the IRA had him killed as the irish were one of his bigger targets. any way to get around ebay a friend listed them as 'skinhead lp'

• soulcitizensoulcitizen 304 Posts
    Really, some people on this thread have really not got the point.

It's not about 'ebay's policy' or 'freedom of speech', it's about selling material that actively promotes and is used as a method of recruitment for nazi's to promote hatred against anyone that is non-pure-white in this world, and they are violent in pushing their points. People are maimed for the rest of their life or die.

Make jokes and excuses about how you can edit your ads or weep about ebays confusing policy - what is so confusing about the fact that you ARE promoting racist shit by selling these records, so deal with it and trash them now.

Alternatively, sell them on for a profit to some racist scumbag to play to his mates, learn the words and indoctrinate others with this garbage.

If the owner of 1 record you have sold manages to 'recruit' 1 person as a result, you are guilty in your part of creating another nazi in this world, what does that make you other than an accessory?

Thankfully, it appears some people on here actually get the point.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Dude, the music is freely available on the internet, for anyone to download and play for their friends. Do you really think that having the physical record is whats gonna push someone over the edge?

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    i remembered oprah and whoopi both collect "mammy" dolls, like the racist aunt jemima syrup bottle.

are they now part of the problem ?

upon reading about this, i stumbled onto some chats regarding this....
    heres ones opinion.

And the comparison to the swastika holds since the swastika is an important symbol in many different religions. That is to say that purchase or possession of either a mammy doll or a swastika has much more to do with the person???s personal feelings or intentions than the enterprise willing to sell the items. My argument all along (whether I???ve been able to articulate it well or not) is that the items themselves are not racist unless the people who own them are racist.

discuss.

Dude, the music is freely available on the internet, for anyone to download and play for their friends. Do you really think that having the physical record is whats gonna push someone over the edge?

right on, man. carry on defending distribution of nazi material for profit, it's all a game anyway.

i remembered oprah and whoopi both collect "mammy" dolls, like the racist aunt jemima syrup bottle.

are they now part of the problem ?

upon reading about this, i stumbled onto some chats regarding this....
    heres ones opinion.

And the comparison to the swastika holds since the swastika is an important symbol in many different religions. That is to say that purchase or possession of either a mammy doll or a swastika has much more to do with the person???s personal feelings or intentions than the enterprise willing to sell the items. My argument all along (whether I???ve been able to articulate it well or not) is that the items themselves are not racist unless the people who own them are racist.

discuss.

how about you express your own opinion on distribution of nazi material instead of coming up with weak excuses trying to defend it? tell us why it's a good thing to sell nazi propoganda for profit? i'd love to know the argument in favour?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    my partner's father was a nazi, all she has to remember him are a photo album & his copy of Mein Kampf. I am going to throw it in the bin tonight so spreading racist nazi propagandha is avoided. She will be overjoyed.....

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Johnny has a right to sell it, regardless of how you feel about it, its protected political speech, but when you use an auction site that targets foreign consumers than you run the risk of running afoul of the local laws concerning these types of items and many European countries prohibit the sale of thise types of things. So the auction sights take them down to avoid liability. You can sell them, you just cant use ebay.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Listening to skrewdriver makes you a nazi

+

GTA Makes you kill hookers

Hooray for the strawman!

my partner's father was a nazi, all she has to remember him are a photo album & his copy of Mein Kampf. I am going to throw it in the bin tonight so spreading racist nazi propagandha is avoided. She will be overjoyed.....

you're missing the point. nobody goes around trying to spread fascism with mein kampf, but they do use music as a means of propaganda. but... you see it as a joke and an attempt at one-upmanship. well that's just hilarious, i must call the person I know that lost his right eye in an attack by some of these lovely young people a few years ago and let him in on the whole thing.

I can only assume you guys in the states have no idea that fascism still exists and is actually growing in europe, and is a real danger. carry on as you will, as long as you're ok that's alright. until they decide to shit on your doorstep.

how about you express your own opinion on distribution of nazi material instead of coming up with weak excuses trying to defend it? tell us why it's a good thing to sell nazi propoganda for profit? i'd love to know the argument in favour?
    It's a good thing to sell nazi propoganda for profit because profit is generally a good thing to those profiting.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Really, some people on this thread have really not got the point.

It's not about 'ebay's policy' or 'freedom of speech', it's about selling material that actively promotes and is used as a method of recruitment for nazi's to promote hatred against anyone that is non-pure-white in this world, and they are violent in pushing their points. People are maimed for the rest of their life or die.

Make jokes and excuses about how you can edit your ads or weep about ebays confusing policy - what is so confusing about the fact that you ARE promoting racist shit by selling these records, so deal with it and trash them now.

Alternatively, sell them on for a profit to some racist scumbag to play to his mates, learn the words and indoctrinate others with this garbage.

If the owner of 1 record you have sold manages to 'recruit' 1 person as a result, you are guilty in your part of creating another nazi in this world, what does that make you other than an accessory?

Thankfully, it appears some people on here actually get the point.

Exactly. I mean who here would be cool with selling Al Qaeda videos or if Bin Laden had fronted a punk band back in his London days, and the songs were abaout killing Americans...would anyone here be selling that shit?

Unless you are ignorant enough to be a supporter of intolerant dogma, I dont think you shuld be involved in the 'merchandising of propaganda' which is what it is.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

you're missing the point. nobody goes around trying to spread fascism with mein kampf, but they do use music as a means of propaganda. but... you see it as a joke and an attempt at one-upmanship. well that's just hilarious, i must call the person I know that lost his right eye in an attack by some of these lovely young people a few years ago and let him in on the whole thing.

I can only assume you guys in the states have no idea that fascism still exists and is actually growing in europe, and is a real danger. carry on as you will, as long as you're ok that's alright. until they decide to shit on your doorstep.

First Amendment. It's a freedom thing, you wouldn't understand.

Exactly. I mean who here would be cool with selling Al Qaeda videos or if Bin Laden had fronted a punk band back in his London days, and the songs were abaout killing Americans...would anyone here be selling that shit?
    If the profit significantly outweighed the political costs, yes.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    if Bin Laden had fronted a punk band back in his London days, and the songs were abaout killing Americans...would anyone here be selling that shit?

I'm sure it would be popular in Europe.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    if Bin Laden had fronted a punk band back in his London days, and the songs were abaout killing Americans...would anyone here be selling that shit?

I'm sure it would be popular in Europe.

It would definitely be "pumping out of Audis in Saudi"

now you're all acting hurt, like it's a breach of your rights as an American to not sell this stuff, taking it personally, and ebay are also getting you confused with their policies.

it's simple, you either sell nazi material that can be used as fascist propoganda in 2009 to recruit real people on the streets to attack people because of their ethnic background, or you don't. that's it. whether you have done it before or not, do you want to continue to do it?

you may think it makes no difference, but it does, that's a fact, the question is, do you want to ignore that fact, or not?

well, that's 2 questions I guess, rolled into 1.

it's simple, you either sell nazi material that can be used as fascist propoganda in 2009 to recruit real people on the streets to attack people because of their ethnic background, or you don't. that's it. whether you have done it before or not, do you want to continue to do it?
    Your scenario isn't dire enough. What's the probability that it will[/b] be used for such activity?

• These records preach to the converted.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

you're missing the point. nobody goes around trying to spread fascism with mein kampf

And no one goes around spreading Christianity with a bible....only really lame Christian Ventriloquist records.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    whose alias is soulcitizen

b/w

what part of europe is he from