Banned From The UK

2»

Comments

• I think savage was put on the list for diversity purposes. If it was just Islamic nutcases you'd have all kinds of organisations dedicated to crybaby shit whining about islamaphobia.

• I dont even think phelps should be on it imo. As far as I know his people are dedicated to non-violence. I think you should be allowed to be an asshole.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    so there are more people on the list but it's not in the "public's interest" to reveal the names....any (UK) Strtters have insight into why they are not being revealed?

I'm guessing there is information about them flowing between various Goverments and that revealing their names would tip them off that they are being watched which 'security services' would wish to wish to avoid.

Probably an element of the unseen boogieman being scarier to

I don't understand why you would announce that you are not going to do something. Just deny entry if the situation arises.

• proteusproteus 77 Posts
    he is definately a cunt.

i dunno about swapping him for Jacqui Smith, she might be typical of the current breed of New Labour MPs. probably sent her kids to be privately educated etc, but still I'd take 4 more years of this over the Bullingdon Club.

I'd normally just talk music on here but after seeing this I have to say I have been disgusted at the new heights (or lows) of cronyism and corruption rife in Labour. For one of many examples, the whole BAA thing absolutely stinks. Tom Kelly, Mandelson, corrupt processes, public consultations where an 89% majority views are ignored, the meaningless 2003 white paper promises torn the f*ck up, and Brown riding roughshod over a democratic process.

Brown is pathologically unable to reassess any route he takes and will sooner bring the country down. Darling's debt forecast is now out by 50% from his predictions from just November, economist like ernst & young, the treasury and the bank of england are all at odds with Labour predictions, which are clearly lies with short-term objectives.

Can you not see the incompetence, the corruption? Labour may have been a party with principles, but that bears no relation to New Labour, but some people just don't open there eyes and are mindless dyed-in red labour supporters regardless. So you 'd be happy to continue with this shambolic joke of a party for another 4 years. By then we'll be living in bankrupt totalitarian state. Unfortunately Lib Dem will not get in, so I'd take the Bullingdon boys over these fuckers, at least they are making the right noises. I could go on and on... Name we one Labour cabinet minister more capable and decent than Ken Clarke? Characters with probity like Tony Benn belong to another labour, now it's just pigs in the trough.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I'd normally just talk music on here

27 times in 3 years?

I'd vote Commie if they ever put up a candidate.

b/w

vote Commie

BAN

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    So you 'd be happy to continue with this shambolic joke of a party for another 4 years. By then we'll be living in bankrupt totalitarian state.

take that shit to spEak You???re bRanes

Apart from that I think you've got a point.

Labour have still got Dennis Skinner, that's good enough for me.

take that shit to spEak You???re bRanes

HAHAHAHA that site is hilarious!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7835/ignboardsofficiallookinkj4.png

New Labour have out-done the previous Torie party on all things concerning sleaze. Will continue to vote Green in the Local Elections on the principal that people shouldn't assume driving a car is a 'right', and recycling and the environment should be top priorities... but they're just as fu.cked as the Liberal Democrats when it comes to the General Election, as people's principals suddenly go out the window when they realise that the progressive political actions needed to sort out the sorry fu.cking mess this country is in will cost them money[/b]. Nobody seems to be willing to sacrifice holidays abroad and flat screen tv's.

Will vote Lib Dem in the General anyway.

Also, sh*t load of people not on that list I could add on, but won't.

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/news/Whitstable-mum-custard-shortage/article-845364-detail/article.html

A MUM of three is dis-custard after a hunt for the dessert sauce in the town proved fruitless.

Keen baker Jules Serkin, 43, of West Cliff, Whitstable, needed a tin of custard powder to top off her apple and blackcurrant crumble.

But she was left with a sour taste in her mouth after getting no joy in either Co-ops at Oxford Street and Canterbury Road, and in Somerfield, in the High Street.

Even a trek to Tankerton's Tesco Express - a corner shop version of its superstores - was wasted.

"I try to support my local businesses, but in the end I had to resort to going to one of the big supermarkets to get what I needed," said Jules, a holiday rental company director.
    Click here for more

"I feel very sad that I can't seem to get basic stuff from my high street, and am driven to go online.

"Custard is a staple product on my shopping list and I cannot understand why it should be so hard to find.

"An assistant in Somerfield said they'd had other shoppers asking for tins of custard, but it hadn't been in stock since the shop was refurbished.

"And in the Co-ops I was just greeted with an empty shelf where it should be, and no idea when they might be getting it in.

"I am upset because it seems these shops cannot order a product that customers are demanding as it doesn't seem to fit in with what they are selling.

"I had to resort to buying sachets which cost only a few pence less than a tin, and don't go very far at all. If I buy a tin, it goes in my pantry and will last me quite a few crumbles.

"I'm making an apple and blackcurrant crumble and, as I am trying to eat healthily can control what I put into the custard, like skimmed milk.

"With the sachets, there are all sorts of ingredients and additives - and you just add water to make it.

"It's very convenient, but not as good as the real thing. Custard should be a lovely comfort, nice and thick."

Mrs Serkin finally managed to find a tin of own brand custard powder in a Co-op, a few days after her initial hunt, but not her beloved Bird's.

Spokesman for Somerfield Pete Williams said: "Somerfield in Whitstable High Street underwent a major investment last April to upgrade and improve the store for local customers.

"We pride ourselves on our customer service and ability to meet their needs.

"We are a bit perplexed about your reader's trouble in finding custard in the store. It offers a variety of custards including: tinned, fresh, cartons and in powdered form.

"Today (Monday March 23) it has both Somerfield own brand tinned custard and tinned custard made by Ambrosia. The store stocks Somerfield Instand Custard Mix - to which you simply add water.

"Regrettably the store does not have sufficient space to stock the larger tins of classic Bird's Custard Powder - to which you add milk and sugar to make your custard."

A Co-operative Group spokesman said: "We are sorry to hear a customer is unhappy with our custard range in Whitstable.

"Our smaller convenience store in Canterbury Road has only ever sold sachets of Bird's custard powder.

"The Oxford Street store did stock Bird's tinned custard until recently but the product was withdrawn following thorough analysis of product sales across our range.

"This store does however, sell The Co-operative's own brand of tinned custard powder and we would be pleased to offer this customer a free sample to try."

* Somerfield is to become Budgens from May 11 - but all 33 jobs are safe, said Mr Williams. It has been forced to sell to ensure competition as Somerfield is now owned by the Co-op, which has two stores nearby.[/b]

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I blame the gentrification of Shitstable. F*ck off back to London, we don't want you here.

Wait, now there's a BANNED list for Kent?

It's getting all Passport to Pimlico up in this bitch now

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    the guy's real name is michael weiner

and before he became a ranting, hateful, self-hating jew, and homophobic right winger he was a gay hippie who used to swim naked with allen ginsburg.

http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feature/2003/03/05/savage/

This is bizarre. Just the other day, at the library I work at, I was working with a patron researching medicinal plants and I remember bringing him a copy of Michael Weiner's book Earth medicine--earth food : plant remedies, drugs, and natural foods of the North American Indians.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Michael Savage really is a hate filled vile person.

Yeah but on Newsnight last night Paxman was asking a Labour MP if it was a mistake; "Surely you can't ban everybody that's ever said something nasty or offensive?"

Another guest on the show (an American) was also pointing out how it's just given Savage loads of media exposure. Apparently a lot of British radio stations are now offering him interviews (over the phone, of course!) so the British public can find out just how nasty the guy is.

Why Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney et al weren't on that list beats me though

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Michael Savage really is a hate filled vile person.

Sorry for the long post.

I got a new reason to hate dude. ROCKSTAR Drinks!

http://consumerist.com/5283320/rockstar-...-michael-savage

Some guy made a facebook group on the subject. He ended up getting hit with a "We will sue you" and they somehow got facebook to delete the guys account and close the group.

The guy ended up starting another group and wrote this

"Hi all,

As the creator of the original "Don't Drink Hate. BOYCOTT ROCKSTAR" group, I've created this group to publish a public apology and retraction as forced by the law firm representing ROCKSTAR*.

But before I do, let me explain what led to this.

One month ago, my friend showed me a little article filled with quotations from Michael Savage Weiner and his son Russell Weiner. I was utterly disgusted. Then I read that Russell Weiner was the CEO of Rockstar* and his mom Janet Weiner was CFO . After more readings, I made a PERSONAL CHOICE to BOYCOTT all ROCKSTAR* products.

I made a group to let others know and be able to make a similar choice if they wanted; the group was formed and it quickly grew to over 12,000 members. In it, we put together a list of quotations from Michael Savage Weiner as well as his son that we strongly did not agree with.

We also put commonly known information such as the fact that they co-founded the extremely conservative Paul Revere society, which openly calls for actions such as ???Eliminate bilingual education in all states" and "Traditional Marriage." More easily proven information was included as well.

Then, on May 27th, I woke up unable to log into my personal Facebook account. It was disabled. This is my new account; I lost all my photos, friends and priceless memories. I sent multiple e-mails to Facebook without any response. And then upon inquiring, I found out that the facebook group was suddenly taken down without my or any of the administrators' knowledge (As an update, as of yesterday, after my friend's hard work with connections at Facebook they suddenly reinstated my old account. However, as happy as I am, I find this very troubling on many levels in terms, especially because I still have not yet received a satisfactory explanation.)

A few days later, I received a lawsuit threat from the law offices of Glaser, Weil, Fink, Jacobs, Howard & Shapiro, LLP -- Robert Shapiro was one of the attorneys who successfully defended OJ Simpson.

I researched, and apparently other individuals -- primarily bloggers and reporters (e.g. SF Examiner's Kelvin, wiqaable.com, gaywired.com) had received threats of legal action as well.

Now here I am.

And I've been forced to make this apology.

I've been forced to make "an immediate public retraction..." and "apologize for the business libel you committed against ROCKSTAR."

I've been "advised that ROCKSTAR will pursue all necessary legal action to redress the violations of its rights, including, without limitation, an action for general, special and exemplary damages and equitable relief."

----------------------------------------------

To THE ATTN OF: ROCKSTAR* / Glaser, Weil, Fink, Jacobs, Howard & Shapiro, LLP

Let this group and this statement stand as evidence of an apology. As Facebook disabled the original group without my knowledge, I suggest you contact them if you want me to be able to message all the members of the original group:

I, Charles C. C. Tsai, hereby apologize for the alleged business libel that I committed against ROCKSTAR* and publicly retract, through Facebook's own unexplained deletion, the statements from the original Facebook group.

----------------------------------------------

Now, I personally also apologize for the following:

I apologize for having an opinion.

I apologize that I created a group as a means to explore my FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

I apologize that the over 12,000+ individuals in that group were SILENCED WITHOUT EXPLANATION.

I apologize for STANDING UP for my communities and the communities that I consider myself an ally to.

I apologize for being DISGUSTED by the statements, beliefs, thoughts and actions of two INDIVIDUALS: ROCKSTAR* CEO Russell Weiner and his father, Michael Savage Weiner. Let me repeat, two INDIVIDUALS.

I apologize that you feel the need to THREATEN and SILENCE individuals & organizations that you know are POWERLESS in comparison to your various forms of capital.

I apologize that you seem to be confused by the semantics of the word "co-founder" in the sense that Michael Savage Weiner and his wife Janet Weiner IRREFUTABLY CO-CREATED / CO-INVENTED / CO-FOUNDED the ROCKSTAR drink alongside current CEO RUSSELL WEINER.

From ROCKSTAR*'s OWN archived WEBSITE:

"I was very fortunate to have been raised by two of the leading herbalists in the world, Dr. and Mrs. MICHAEL WEINER, Ph.D. ... From my earliest walking days, I remember exploring the jungles of the South Pacific on expeditions WITH MY PARENTS. ... MY FAMILY HAS taken that spirit and experience - their lifetime journey - and DEVELOPED the most complete, most unique, most powerful, and most honest energy beverage ever created: ROCKSTAR." - CEO RUSSELL GOLDENCLOUD WEINER

http://web.archive.org/web/20021211144041/www.rockstar69.com/new/rockstar.html

After reading the above, I apologize that you, Michael Weiner Savage, feel the need to LIE, as you told the SF Chronicle in May 2009 that "I had NOTHING to do with the founding or CREATION of Rockstar."

I apologize that legal threats WILL NOT FORCE me into SUBMISSION.

I apologize that I will not be silenced.

I apologize that the incredibly smart, strong willed and amazing individuals and communities that dislike your CEO Russell Weiner, his dad Michael Savage Weiner and his mom CFO Janet Weiner will NOT go quietly into the night and will too NOT BE SILENCED.

I apologize that I will, WITHOUT ANY DOUBT, continue to BOYCOTT ROCKSTAR* as it is MY OWN PERSONAL CHOICE TO DO SO.

And, lastly, I apologize for any additional semantically puzzling words this note may have presented. Please realize that I have sensitively taken this into consideration through capitalization and repetition.

Yours truly,

Charles C. C. Tsai"

Facebook ended up closing the guys account again. Somehow the guy that did the so called apology was locked out and someone took over the group and changed it to a pro group.

First he changed it to "LEGALIZE CHILD LABOR!" and then "ROCKSTAR ENERGY FAN CLUB!". Now he's made it "Michael Savage - the FUTURE of America!"

The dude that took over the group wrote some crazy things like

"Jan Mikael Evertsson wrote
    at 8:44am
    Also, don't you find it funny that 9 out of 10 people involved in these online "campaigns" and "boycots" are either a) asian or b) seriously unattractive?"

Anyways. Some fool taking over groups is one thing. By why on earth is Facebook deleting peoples accounts over something like this? And how can Savage's lawyers sue people for having opinions?

This just makes me glad I'm not on Facef*ck. And perhaps it was the correct decision to ban Weiner from the UK.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    GOLDENCLOUD

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    GOLDENCLOUD