Your TOP DOWNLOAD sites

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
So this thread kind of goes hand in hand with the "Amount of money you spent on PURCHASING music" thread I made a few days ago (now that my online purchases are in the thousands of dollars and all...) So where do you guys go and purchase music online? I used to do iTunes but I stopped because of the A) quality of the MP3s and b) the domain issues. For regular shit I use Amazon - they're cheap and it's easy to use, but they don't have as good as a selection as iTunes. Plus, although the quality is okay, it's VBR so you never know what you're going to get.For house and shit I go to Beatport.com and Traxsource.com - both have new shit and it's good quality (option to purchase WAV files is great) but the sites are hard to use. I also like Dancetracksdigital.com - especially since I like to support the local guy (or used to... so sad that store closed.)Lastly I F*ck around with Digital Wax Poetics of course...So what else is out there? What's good for hip-hop?

Comments

• So glad i discovered Amazon. I've gotten everything from the usual hip-hop joint, to random boogie joints, to even accapella tracks.

Second comes labcabin digital

I used to mess with beatsource but they are down right now, oh well.

Still need to sign up for a Juno downloads account.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Beatsource is up for me, P. You should check again - I just copped off of them this morn.

I forgot about Labcabin, but that's cause I usually just went into the store and picked up records and put that on my tab. Haven't figured out how to do that yet with MP3s hahah...

I don't know what Juno is.

• Juno is a really good online store in the UK, massive actually. Last year the started the digital equivalent but I'm not if they have territory restrictions like Beatsource did.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

www.juno.co.uk

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    House - dancetracksdigital.com This is the home of the former DEEP house spot on the LES.

traxsource.com For all Classic House that I have had a hard time finding.

and ofcourse AMAZON for everything else.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

https://www.junodownload.com/

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I buy mainly at Labcabin and juno.
    After that beatport, beatsource and beatjoint.

• PicklesPickles 67 Posts
    Anyone have a link for labcabin?? Click groove, junodownload,
    vjs productions,labcabin,wax poetics ( restricted area's). Found junodownload the easiest to navigate ( so the others miss out because i hate difficult sites) Anyone else have some other sites??

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The link for "Labcabin" is www.turntable lab.com - but you need to remove the space between "turntable" and "lab" to create one name (Soulstrut word filter related...)

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    I haven't yet payed for an mp3 and I don't plan to either... What site has the largest selection of uncompressed music? Preferably Wav files.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i used to fusk with crateconnect for hip hop because they distributed nicely packaged 256-320kbps singles with intro/club/radio/inst and occasionally acc versions. but they've gone subscriber and i can't justify the price now for the amount that i download. haven't really found anything else that had dvps packaged that well though.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    i used to fusk with crateconnect for hip hop because they distributed nicely packaged 256-320kbps singles with intro/club/radio/inst and occasionally acc versions. but they've gone subscriber and i can't justify the price now for the amount that i download. haven't really found anything else that had dvps packaged that well though.

Never heard of that but it sounds good (I'm beyond fastidious with MP3 organization where it's borderline mental illness.) I belong to one or two subscriber joints but nothing that's EXACTLY what I like...

Oh yeah, gigacrate.com is good too.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    it was packaged and tagged perfectly. if you're willing to pony up the cash for the VIP membership or whatever they're calling it now, it's at http://crateconnect.net/

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Gotta love Amazon's 99 cent MP3s

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Why oh why can't I buy from Amazon? They really need to sort this out. It sucks being in Europe.
    I've bought some stuff off Itunes but the quality really is a problem, ESPECIALLY since there's no way to tell beforehand if it's a 128 or a 256 you're getting! I bought the new UGK track yesterday though.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Bleep.com has the business, wavs & mpeethrees.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I use Juno, the lab and beatpot. Although i find the layout of beatport really shitty. Bleep has the worst layout i have ever seen. Its also frustrating when you want to buy a track and its not licensed for you region.
    Anyone have any links about how to go about licensing tracks for digital release ?

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    Dammit if this thread didn't just make me spend $20. Although I'm jamming pretty hard right now.

• My top download site is Rapidshare.com

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    othermusic.com has some good hard to find stuff

• Options
    slsk for shit i can't find anywhere else.

Where do you guys go for very recent dancehall? And I mean whole riddims. Finding this stuff commercially is impossible. The few spots that I have come across seem to be getting an influx of low quality and/or poorly tagged tracks., ie., no artist name, etc...

I was in the VP pool but lost access when I didn't log on for a minute. Wasn't THAT much there to begin with.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    Where do you guys go for very recent dancehall? And I mean whole riddims. Finding this stuff commercially is impossible. The few spots that I have come across seem to be getting an influx of low quality and/or poorly tagged tracks., ie., no artist name, etc...

I was in the VP pool but lost access when I didn't log on for a minute. Wasn't THAT much there to begin with.

i am in jamaica now, and just got home from a wicked dinner session and i'm exhausted but i can ask around my friends who would know tomorrow night ...but have you tried ben banker, osco, charly b? all big selecters/producers who host their riddims usually on their sites and they are all free hosts/downloads. Also Vibes fm has a download store link, i think it works off the island too. you can also try reggaetorrent, that can lead you to just about anything you want. it's true it's hard stuff to find digitally still. maybe i should start a new operation while here....... hmmmm

$$$$$$$??????????

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Bleep has the worst layout i have ever seen.

Thats one thing I liked about that site, its right there in front of your face, the player is schitty though.

• traxsource and amazon mostly
    occasionally dancetracksdigital, Labcabin, and juno

I don't really fux with beatport. can't stand the navigation the player sounds like some asss

i am in jamaica now, and just got home from a wicked dinner session and i'm exhausted but i can ask around my friends who would know tomorrow night ...but have you tried ben banker, osco, charly b? all big selecters/producers who host their riddims usually on their sites and they are all free hosts/downloads. Also Vibes fm has a download store link, i think it works off the island too. you can also try reggaetorrent, that can lead you to just about anything you want. it's true it's hard stuff to find digitally still. maybe i should start a new operation while here....... hmmmm

$$$$$$$??????????

Thanks! I've never heard of the spots that your dropping. I appreciate the leads. I don't see a store on Vibes FM though. Charly B? Do you mean Ernie B/ebreggae.com? If not, I need to find this spot.

I've been using IRC and a few direct download sites. Both of which are getting increasingly frustrating over time for different reasons.

Thanks again.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I know nothing about online dancehall sites and it's mad frustrating. I usually end up trying to go to one of the stores out on Church Ave. to cop a CD and rip it but for the most part those store's CDs are all disorganized and shit... so if you find any definitely post that shit up.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Hey Cos, another good house one is www.stompy.com

I know nothing about online dancehall sites and it's mad frustrating. I usually end up trying to go to one of the stores out on Church Ave. to cop a CD and rip it but for the most part those store's CDs are all disorganized and shit... so if you find any definitely post that shit up.

Not saying these are the most reliable spots, but you can definitely snatch a lotta riddim packages. Be prepared for 192Kbps for damn near everything.

Soca, new riddims and one drops:
    http://trinimix.blogspot.com/

Various (Mostly in spanish)
    http://zonamusical.net/tu_zona/roots-dancehall-jamaican/

New riddims
    http://roxbox.webs.com/riddim.htm

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    1) cicana.com ($15 membership - worth it)

2) crateconnect.com (free to use forums, membership is not worth the $)

3) google blog search

4) amazon digital downloads

5) emusic (sign up for a free membership, discontinue after copping songs u need)