No, no Obama controversy here. (+ close in INDY)

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    In other news, Obama concedes Indiana before it's over.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

Source, please? The news sources I am looking at are calling this a close one with Gary, Indiana yet to report.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Source, please? The news sources I am looking at are calling this a close one with Gary, Indiana yet to report.

Gary's county just reported at 28% - and it's 75% so far for Obama. This will be close. Certainly not the 4 point advantage HC was hoping for. This will be a rounded-up 2 at best.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    OOPS.

With thousands of votes yet to be counted in Indiana, Clinton claimed victory there and pronounced it the tiebreaker in her favor.

"Tonight, we've come from behind. We've broken the tie, and thanks to you, it's full speed on to the White House," Clinton told hundreds of supporters in downtown Indianapolis.

If she loses IND, this speech will be a killer. Is there a "Mission Accomplished" sign behind her? Photoshop, please.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

LA Times

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Obama is doom to fail. And, even if he wins he's a token.

You really got a midas touch with these threads dude.....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Obama is doom to fail. And, even if he wins he's a token.

STFU for once

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    STFU for once

Right. Ignoble shit.

By the way:
    Did anyone see that "Fuck Barack Obama" thing on YouTube before it got taken down?

OOPS.

With thousands of votes yet to be counted in Indiana, Clinton claimed victory there and pronounced it the tiebreaker in her favor.

"Tonight, we've come from behind. We've broken the tie, and thanks to you, it's full speed on to the White House," Clinton told hundreds of supporters in downtown Indianapolis.

If she loses IND, this speech will be a killer. Is there a "Mission Accomplished" sign behind her? Photoshop, please.

Even if Obama loses the close race in Indiana this day will have been a huge momentum swing in his direction with the NC victory. The closer the primary race gets to the end with Obama still in the lead the more desperate and shrill Clinton will seem. This race needs to be over soon because it is beginning to do the Democrats a huge disservice. What is up with all of the Democrats saying that they will not vote for Obama if he takes the nomination over their candidate Hillary (and vice-versa.) are people really that shallow?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    just asshurt

theyll all come around

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    OOPS.

Even if Obama loses the close race in Indiana this day will have been a huge momentum swing in his direction with the NC victory. The closer the primary race gets to the end with Obama still in the lead the more desperate and shrill Clinton will seem. This race needs to be over soon because it is beginning to do the Democrats a huge disservice. What is up with all of the Democrats saying that they will not vote for Obama if he takes the nomination over their candidate Hillary (and vice-versa.) are people really that shallow?

I heard that and it scares the shit out of me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    OOPS.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Shit that I checked said he took north carolina hard and got like 40 delegates to her 32 and indiana he lost by like 1-2% and only lost by like 2-3 delegates.

I still don't see how she has a chance.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

They's some Chatty Kathy mafuckas. On some "math class is hard" BS.

THERE ARE 6 MONTHS UNTIL ELECTION DAY. TUNES WILL CHANGE.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

They's some Chatty Kathy mafuckas. On some "math class is hard" BS.

THERE ARE 6 MONTHS UNTIL ELECTION DAY. TUNES WILL CHANGE.

amen.

NBC and AP are now predicting a win for Clinton in Indiana.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Gary's county just reported at 28% - and it's 75% so far for Obama. This will be close. Certainly not the 4 point advantage HC was hoping for. This will be a rounded-up 2 at best.

The rest of Lake county came in - it's only 55%/45% Obama. I'd hoped that the early polling in Lake was light on Gary votes, but it was probably ALL Gary votes. Hillary ekes out IND, I suppose. But folks might attribute this "win" more to Limbaugh than to her.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Hillary cancels all public appearances tomorrow. Apparently she doesn't want to have to answer questions about why she is staying in the race after the latest results.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I love how the black guy immediately gets this reference, but the white dude stands straight up after folks are clapping and looks around a little to make sure things are OKeh.

I'm sure this is an observation that I'm the last to make.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    As I correctly predicted last week. Ladies and Gentlemen, the next President of the United States of America.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Hillary cancels all public appearances tomorrow. Apparently she doesn't want to have to answer questions about why she is staying in the race after the latest results.

That, or the fact that she might well have just loaned her campaign another several million right after her $10 million net post-PA.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    As I correctly predicted last week. Ladies and Gentlemen, the next President of the United States of America Dukakis.

The percentage of Clinton voters who say they'd choose McCain over Obama in a general election is approaching 40% in Indiana. Put it another way: in North Carolina, less than HALF of folks who voted today for Hillary Clinton are ready to say today that they'd definitely vote for Obama in a general election.

so - suck on that.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

The rest of Lake county came in - it's only 55%/45% Obama. I'd hoped that the early polling in Lake was light on Gary votes, but it was probably ALL Gary votes. Hillary ekes out IND, I suppose. But folks might attribute this "win" more to Limbaugh than to her.

Hammond, damn you! The mayor there was riding hard for Hillary.

I am just glad that Indiana made it a contest. I thought Hillary was going to take it easily. This definitely lets last remaining farts out of Hillary's sails.

Someone had an idea that Hills will ride out West Virginia, but could possibly stand down when she likely takes Kentucky and Obama takes Oregeon. That way, everyone is a winner.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    doesnt hill-bot get tired of this shit?????
    you gotta give it to her tirelesness....

this morning's hillary words to media: "we have seen it as our duty to pres on with this campaign, all the way to the doors of the oval office, all the while with high hopes of a racial flap that will stir the prejudices and suspicions of the american populace and let all super delegates see that my opponent simply can not win!"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

this morning's hillary words to media: "we have seen it as our duty to pres on with this campaign, all the way to the doors of the oval office, all the while with high hopes of a racial flap [/b] that will stir the prejudices and suspicions of the american populace and let all super delegates see that my opponent simply can not win!"

She really said this??

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

this morning's hillary words to media: "we have seen it as our duty to pres on with this campaign, all the way to the doors of the oval office, all the while with high hopes of a racial flap that will stir the prejudices and suspicions of the american populace and let all super delegates see that my opponent simply can not win!"

Source?

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts

The percentage of Clinton voters who say they'd choose McCain over Obama in a general election is approaching 40% in Indiana. Put it another way: in North Carolina, less than HALF of folks who voted today for Hillary Clinton are ready to say today that they'd definitely vote for Obama in a general election.

so - suck on that.

didn't the same thing happen on the republican side when McCain got the nomination? And still you're going to vote for him even though you don't think he's a good candidate...

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i don't agree with hillary staying in the race because its bad for the democratic party. however, i can see why hillary is staying in the race for hillary, despite the fact that she has no shot of winning. first - she has depicted herself as a fighter, and if the clinton legacy has turned to crap, she could still salvage something as the "toughest" candidate, which i think most people wouldn't argue with. however, if she drops out while there is still the slightest glimmer of hope, is she still a fighter? my second point is just a money thing. yes, she lent her campaign even more loot this month, but if her donors make a push for the super delegates, she could get all that money back, and then some, which she can pocket after she loses, if there is any left.

BTW - the real blame should be placed on the undeclared super delegates, like john edwards and al gore. what are you assholes waiting for? if those 2 guys alone came out for obama, the election would be over today!