Where's the MIA thrad?

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• Mylatency clearly deleted it...

• Clearly moderator abuse. That thread was the merriam-webster's definition of what's really.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I'm sorry, but how is that guy even still a moderator?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Seriously.

The foulness.

Me and the boy Aleit were subjected to an MIA album last night as we watched the Allstar game. I was newly annoyed at all of you little dudes who have mistaken it for important music. Schitt's unlistenably bad.

• What type of stan plays M.I.A. albums when there's a basketball game on, and what type of stans hang w/ aforementioned M.I.A.-listening stans?

• Especially considering the boy Aleit's NOLA ties.

Long gone are the days, apparently, when he would sweetly coo "Big Chief" over the phone to me.

• Especially considering the boy Aleit's NOLA ties.

Long gone are the days, apparently, when he would sweetly coo "Big Chief" over the phone to me.

He doesn't come up to the shop and do that?

• You know how it is when you're out on the road.

Ever since he came home, things ain't been the same...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

YOU QUESTION MYLATENCY YOU QUESTION YOURSELF

What type of stan plays M.I.A. albums when there's a basketball game on, and what type of stans hang w/ aforementioned M.I.A.-listening stans?

A female hipsteur bartender (whom we were not "hanging" with).

• You weren't "hanging"? Well shit, were you at least grooving to some tunes?????

• What type of stan plays M.I.A. albums when there's a basketball game on, and what type of stans hang w/ aforementioned M.I.A.-listening stans?

There was a basketball game on last night? All I saw was an alley-oop and slam dunk demonstration.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Apparently, only the rare threads I contribute to get deleted. So the question for the strut is...should I contribute more (and thereby increase the thread deletion rate) or should I contribute less?

Your answers are not binding on my post count.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Faux and his friend watching the game

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    mildly curious re: what in a thread about MIA would be so potent and/or embarassing as to inspire deletion...

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    It exposed how much of the strut is from the sound of todays hipster youth.
    And so it had to go...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    It exposed how much of the strut is from the sound of todays hipster youth.
    And so it had to go...

Yes, I believe it demonstrated that many of us sound old, and are too real for our own good.

I'm finding it hard living with that knowledge.

there are worse things than being simply old & out-of-touch; you could be old, out-of-touch & also championing MIA in a foolish attempt to 'remain current' or 'keep up with what the kids are into these days'

---

• there are worse things than being simply old & out-of-touch; you could be old, out-of-touch & also championing MIA in a foolish attempt to 'remain current' or 'keep up with what the kids are into these days'

---

Leave me alone!

there are worse things than being simply old & out-of-touch; you could be old, out-of-touch & also championing MIA in a foolish attempt to 'remain current' or 'keep up with what the kids are into these days'

---

Why you had to do Oliver like that?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

---

Cold, son, cold.

(I liked the Shins better in any case)

O, inverted Dub.

---

Cold, son, cold.

I have no idea what that is.

---

Cold, son, cold.

You sound old.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Schitt's unlistenably bad.

Saw some newer live footage (could tell by the haircut) a while ago - I was floored at her lack of talent.

In the studio with the right mics and the right production team and all the number of takes it takes and the right fixes, it can get to just (un)listenably bad, and you can chalk it up to difference in tastes. But to hear her live, which sounded like something being hurt over and over because she can't think on her feet or sing - cmon, no wacky homemade costume in the world or possibility of hipster girl-/boy-love can justify it.

...sounded like something being hurt over and over

I'm going to steal this!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

---

Cold, son, cold.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UoNtIkRm1HE

well, the only time I have knowingly heard MIA is when Odub lauded it on NPR

his review of Queen Latifah's jazz album escapes my memory tho

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I am curious what you all think of:

1) Lady sovereign
    2) Reggaeton
    3) Banghra

Because to me, it sounds just like a mash of all these stiles, and any track that can get half the girls in the club dancing gets my strong approval, i mean honestly, is 3:21 of your life too much to spare for dancing ladies?

good musical taste is serious business