crank dat soulja boy

2»

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Y'know, I would be confused if I were Soulja Boy too... dude was 16, posted this music his made on his own - produced in his bedroom for him and his friends - on the web and it blew the fuck up. Then the kid is out there on TV and selling hell of ringtones and folks get mad. I mean, shouldn't these folks be appreciating that a kid can create his own sound and it just bulldozes over the pop music that record and management companies have invested so much into?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I mean, shouldn't these folks be appreciating that a kid can create his own sound and it just bulldozes over the pop music that record and management companies have invested so much into?
    that and learn something from that shit.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Y'know, I would be confused if I were Soulja Boy too... dude was 16, posted this music his made on his own - produced in his bedroom for him and his friends - on the web and it blew the fuck up. Then the kid is out there on TV and selling hell of ringtones and folks get mad. I mean, shouldn't these folks be appreciating that a kid can create his own sound and it just bulldozes over the pop music that record and management companies have invested so much into?

Thank you, real talk ^^^.

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

=

Soulja Boy is pretty much as bad as it can get - I'm pretty sure. I can't understand the NOT hating of this music....it's a sad sad state. I mean, I don't really let it get to me so much - I just change the channel....but I sure as shit feel bad for the people soaking it up.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ^^^ was never 14 years old ^^^

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    what i don't understand is a bunch of mufuckaz who are unable to comprehend that dude is posting up a remix and seeing what people think about it, not a "YAHHH I HATE SOULJAH BOY YAHHH" thread.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Saying. I'm not really mad at dude. It's some silly shit and it's obvious he isn't taking himself too serious. I wanted to hate on that new video after hearing the chorus at first, then by the end I was like "this is just some goofy shit". It's kids music so I can't hate.

"JUST GRAB EM IN THE BISCUITS"

It's not like we didn't have our share

Not quite - I was just never quite stupid enough to fall for buying this sort of shit. Were you?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

Not quite - I was just never quite stupid enough to fall for buying this sort of shit. Were you?

i don't understand how this song has become the focal point for all "HOW THE HELL IS THIS MUSIC?!?!?!" people... i mean, Laffy Taffy is a two note melody, Soulja Boy has 3 notes and the vocals are much less annoying on Soulja Boy... also, yeah, he says the same 3 verses over and over again... well, that's 3 more verses than "watch out the for the big girl"

i mean, it's a much better song than Chicken Noodle Soup...

as for everyone who hates on Soulja Boy himself, it's a bad look... b/c:

a) he's 17 years old
    b) he made some beat in fruity loops on his home computer and vocaled it himself and the world responded
    c) he's already more succesful at 17 than you'll probably ever be...

i would rather 10 billion soulja boy songs made by kids at home on their computers than American Idol winner records, prefabricated boy bands, and their ilk...

acting like you are too good for Soulja Boy is lame... unless you are sitting around listening to nothing but Beethoven, Bach, Brahms, Bartok, and Britten or Monk, Miles, and Mingus, it's silly to act like whatever 20 and 21st century pop music you are listening to is intrinsically better than this song... now, do i think this song is the BEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD? no... but, i like it much better than a lot of the music i hear in the same context (modern day club rap/top 40 stuff)...

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    i mean, it's a much better song than Chicken Noodle Soup...

SoulStrut Quote Of The Year Award

I think what's even more interesting is the hating ON the hate towards this kid. I mean - there's sort of a large group of people saying how "this isn't music" and how it's just the stupidest thing ever. Now, with that being said, people defend the fact that its for kids by kids, it's just simple silly hip pop, what have you. But the big middle finger towards those hating on this music almost sort of seems like a weird form of denial....it's like people know it's dumb but just want to stay on the sunny side of things. I'm down with being positive, etc....but c'mon now - isn't not being able to say that this shit is absolutely ridiculous in fact more stupid than this music itself? No one here is saying "what are you talking about???? this shit is great!" Therefore - you know it's pretty much crap. The haters are just voicing it....I'm disgruntled.....let me and those who agree with this view be disgruntled. Yah, trick. Yah.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I think what's even more interesting is the hating ON the hate towards this kid. I mean - there's sort of a large group of people saying how "this isn't music" and how it's just the stupidest thing ever. Now, with that being said, people defend the fact that its for kids by kids, it's just simple silly hip pop, what have you. But the big middle finger towards those hating on this music almost sort of seems like a weird form of denial....it's like people know it's dumb but just want to stay on the sunny side of things. I'm down with being positive, etc....but c'mon now - isn't not being able to say that this shit is absolutely ridiculous in fact more stupid than this music itself? No one here is saying "what are you talking about???? this shit is great!" Therefore - you know it's pretty much crap. The haters are just voicing it....I'm disgruntled.....let me and those who agree with this view be disgruntled. Yah, trick. Yah.

You're just being disconnectedly wack again. Its a good song.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

The shit is silly, yeah, but good?

I don't think so.

Eh hem.....when exactly did I ever STOP being disconnectedly wack?

• acting like you are too good for Soulja Boy is lame...

No, what's lame is failing to realize that even children will soon be dumping this CD into the nearest secondhand store because it's such shit.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    a good song.

is it even really a song??

a song has substance, lyrics, and a good song will make you think. this garbage is like an ugly chick ya met at the club (strobelight honey), had fun with, and took home. you wake up the next morning, and look over wondering what the fuck you just did.

• Its a good song.

no.

acting like you are too good for Soulja Boy is lame...

No, what's lame is failing to realize that even children will soon be dumping this CD into the nearest secondhand store because it's such shit.

everytime i dj out i get requests for songs WAY worse than soulja boy...

a good song.

is it even really a song??

a song has substance, lyrics, and a good song will make you think. this garbage is like an ugly chick ya met at the club (strobelight honey), had fun with, and took home. you wake up the next morning, and look over wondering what the fuck you just did.

gimmie a break, beatrice... is "Mashed Potatoes Pt 2" by Nat Kendrick and the Swans a song?

• I like this song.

But right now I'm listening to this:

In my opinion, it's all about balance...

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Sometimes I think, "Damn, this ignorant, blippy bloop rap shit is weak". However, another part of me thinks, "Is this really any different to some 70s funk guy making some three note, blues chord ditty called 'Soul Sista Funky Ribs & Chicken Jive, part 2" Stupid...maybe. But you can't really hate on someone just having fun, can you?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    is "Mashed Potatoes Pt 2" by Nat Kendrick and the Swans a song?

nah, its a "side"

• dayday 9,611 Posts

In my opinion, it's all about balance...

Exactly. To quote senor Paycheeks

Man there is room for all types of schitt out there.

In other words,