Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    That's the Mass Appeal sample.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Ooops, my bad.

• You must realize by now that any successful thread on
    SS comes with a thread-within-a-thread about the relevancy
    of the thread itself, any possible race angle, and whether
    the original poster's heart pumps blood or Kool-Aid.

I know, but this is not like Sex here. Sex is even after the 999th fuck still a very nice way to spend your time.

But this here is NOT like sex !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm tellin ya, its the guitar from lou donaldson "whos making love" pitched, eq'd, etc.

MP3 ??

Shook Ones is unveiled...or i cant see which part is still mysterious to you

Oh shit, you right, I didnt knew. I found a online source which reveald the sample I was looking for. Another proof how you can make a all time classic out of something which is boring.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• So are these serious sample spotter types spending significant amounts of time just combing through song after song listening for certain stabz and loopz? If they could get paid to do it, would they choose it as a career?

I can understand spotting a sample in the course of one's normal listening and making mental note of it, but devoting valuable time to uncovering the source of a six second sample amongst music in which one is not particularly interested seems awfully unfulfilling.

No idea.

• so what was the latest sample you heard pop out at you when listening to records? last one for me was for g depp "head over wheels"

actually about an hour ago i was "listening" to the tv for a minute while burning a dvd and saw part of some will.i.am. video about his mama or something, and i was like "i know that guitar sample! wtf!" finally it hit me, "Don Quichotte" by Magazine 60, a very odd early 80's 45 i had randomly bought in a lot a while back and put on a comp for car listening. so yeah.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no se??or.

• so what was the latest sample you heard pop out at you when listening to records? last one for me was for g depp "head over wheels"

I love that shit. Care to share the source?
    Tom Browne - Charisma

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    so what was the latest sample you heard pop out at you when listening to records? last one for me was for g depp "head over wheels"

I love that shit. Care to share the source?
    Tom Browne - Charisma

Thanks, rasc.

• i'm tellin ya, its the guitar from lou donaldson "whos making love" pitched, eq'd, etc.

I checked that tune, I dont htink that this is the source for the Flava in ya ears horn like sounds. But I know what you mean, aI pitched down the guitar sounds and it reminded me too on Flava in ya ear.

I really think its a guitar, but not from that tune.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    i'm tellin ya, its the guitar from lou donaldson "whos making love" pitched, eq'd, etc.

I checked that tune, I dont htink that this is the source for the Flava in ya ears horn like sounds. But I know what you mean, aI pitched down the guitar sounds and it reminded me too on Flava in ya ear.

I really think its a guitar, but not from that tune.

Peace
    Hawkeye

I know its probably wrong...but the stabs in Flava in your ear... always sounded to me like Mo Bee grabbed them off Billy Jean and fucked with them..... everytime I here that erecord I think of Micheal J doing the moonwalk in black shoes with bright white socks on!!!!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    That's because you're Australian...

Beside that, i can give a hint on where this infamous note is dwelling. Just check "everything remains raw" by Busta Rhymes. If you reconize the sampe for this track, then you'll find the guitar stab somewhere in the LP.

The source is 'Careless Whisper' by George Michael.

The sample is only contained in the extended mix though which is found on the Turkish pressing of the 12" single -- it's a picture disc with George Michael's mug on it.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

The sample is only contained in the extended mix though which is found on the Turkish pressing of the 12" single -- it's a picture disc with George Michael's mug on it.

Cot damn, can anyone verify this?

yes

http://www.discogs.com/release/874297

• The source is 'Careless Whisper' by George Michael.

mohgul,
    dont envy the sayer

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts

The mental image of the that happened between the store clerk and Primo holding this record in his hands is hilarious

OK i will say this, it has a pink whale on it and it's sermon by some guy i can't remember right now. you will not be able to find it that easy either. it was a 78 and it came from Minneapolis. this thing is super old and i can kill myself for not recording it on video at least. Premier played it for me the last time i went to New York and he even went so far as to cut the piece he used. Next time i go out there i will try and get him to pull it out again and see if he will let me record as little of it on video. i know he doesnt want anybody to know right now but then again i'll see what he says.

CARLOS(DJSTYLES)GARZA

• OK i will say this, it has a pink whale on it and it's sermon by some guy i can't remember right now. you will not be able to find it that easy either. it was a 78 and it came from Minneapolis. this thing is super old and i can kill myself for not recording it on video at least. Premier played it for me the last time i went to New York and he even went so far as to cut the piece he used. Next time i go out there i will try and get him to pull it out again and see if he will let me record as little of it on video. i know he doesnt want anybody to know right now but then again i'll see what he says.

CARLOS(DJSTYLES)GARZA

you sure the whale wasn't white?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    OK i will say this, it has a pink whale on it and it's sermon by some guy i can't remember right now. you will not be able to find it that easy either. it was a 78 and it came from Minneapolis. this thing is super old and i can kill myself for not recording it on video at least. Premier played it for me the last time i went to New York and he even went so far as to cut the piece he used. Next time i go out there i will try and get him to pull it out again and see if he will let me record as little of it on video. i know he doesnt want anybody to know right now but then again i'll see what he says.

CARLOS(DJSTYLES)GARZA
    DUDE, STOP LYING!!!!!

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts

Also, does anyone have that G Depp track in a good quality mp3 maybe? I've been looking for that for a while now...
    http://rapidshare.com/files/85954011/01_Head_Over_Wheelz.mp3

• it was a 78 and it came from Minneapolis.

No... no records in Minneapolis.

i just noticed that public enemy used a real brief sample of bob's "I shot the sheriff" in "fight the power'. that had me geekin'.