El-P disses spankrock

Comments

• I mean... are you guys seriously measuring the quality of the music based on how many girls come out to the shows? If so N'sync rocks BOTH these guys!!! yea yea!!!

Who cares who else listens to the shit. I think el-p is a great producer... he doesn't base his style off taking samples and looping them. He actually PLAYS his music.

at the same time... Spank rock is cool cause they make music for the club that has some substance. At least as far as their production goes.

Im not really into defending artists... but you guys just seem like a bunch of neo-hipsters.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    I mean... are you guys seriously measuring the quality of the music based on how many girls come out to the shows? If so N'sync rocks BOTH these guys!!! yea yea!!!

Who cares who else listens to the shit. I think el-p is a great producer... he doesn't base his style off taking samples and looping them. He actually PLAYS his music.

at the same time... Spank rock is cool cause they make music for the club that has some substance. At least as far as their production goes.

Im not really into defending artists... but you guys just seem like a bunch of neo-hipsters.

pssssshaw... no one listens to n'sync anymore dood.

• you guys just seem like a bunch of neo-hipsters.

Can we get a 'hipster knifefight' graemlin? Possibly with two dudes yelling 'hipster!' at each other in accusatory tones?

That El-P beat starts out kind of hot but I'm not really trying to watch a Tool video.

• oh snap...

the inter-artist dissing is spreading...

Mike Patton disses Wolfmother

who's next?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    what was the event?

el-p is just jealous. this shit is killin it:

for some reason this video disgusts me.....

wack music too

I kinda liked that El-P video though.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Mike Patton + Rahzel =

• Heh, that Mike Patton shit is pretty funny. I listened to that Wolfmother album and the amount of biting going on is really quite astonishing.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    oh snap...

who's next?

Funny shit. Faith No More kind of kicked ass back in the day, not gonna lie.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    oh snap...

who's next?

Funny shit. Faith No More kind of kicked ass back in the day, not gonna lie.

that. One of my first CDs.

• oh snap...

who's next?

Funny shit.

Yeah, it is a pretty funny clip. I think it's also funny that the tag-line under Mike Patton says "Former singer of Faith No More." he hasn't been in the band for at least 10 years and has probably put out about 20 albums since. Oh well.

• Nerd rap gets no respect (or pussy).

and Grand Buffet got here first (plus Grand Buffet is the real deal on the beats and the mic). Nerd rappers definitely get the pooswah, but it's usually from crazy girls.

they played twice here in asbury park and killed it over a portable cd player, no DJ.

IMHO i think spank rock and el- p both have their places, but a diss is not a good look altogether, especially if you're a label honcho.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

pssssshaw... no one listens to n'sync anymore dood.

• I thought both of el-p's albums were amazing.

You dont fucks with this?

dude, if you are going to extol the virtues of el-p, this is a pretty bad example.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

IMHO i think spank rock and el- p both have their places, but a diss is not a good look altogether, especially if you're a label honcho.

i thought the dis was the best part... if he hated it, fuck it, say something... showbiz has too many asskissers already...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    oh snap...

who's next?

Funny shit.

Yeah, it is a pretty funny clip. I think it's also funny that the tag-line under Mike Patton says "Former singer of Faith No More." he hasn't been in the band for at least 10 years and has probably put out about 20 albums since. Oh well.

this is pretty rad. Its like he wasnt even planning on dissing them, he just couldnt help himself.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    El-P disses Spankrock himself by confessing that he's always hated Miami Bass.

do people from new york have to like miami bass?

Yes. Everyone does.

And LOL @ the idea that El-P is some dude whose entire musical universe is circumscribed by New York. It's not like his music self-indulgent excretions particularly resonate with New Yorkers or anything. Except for maybe hemol.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i liked El-P for like 5 seconds 5 years ago, and stuck a sticker of his ugly mug on my acoustic guitar. the stupid Frickin' sticker won't come off, so now i need a new sticker to cover it up. now i know why its important to get a tatoo you will like forever.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i liked El-P for like 5 seconds 5 years ago, and stuck a sticker of his ugly mug on my acoustic guitar. the stupid Frickin' sticker won't come off, so now i need a new sticker to cover it up. now i know why its important to get a tatoo you will like forever.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

haha
    best post in thread

lol @ people who spend time thinking about either of these 2

and lol @ people whose first show w/ women was spank rock. classy broads those.

• Besides Patton being known for drinking his own piss on stage during FNM days...

1. At a 1992 Angel Dust tour show in Lisbon, Faith No More invited the audience to throw garbage on stage. Patton then rummaged around and ate some of the trash.

2. At a 1995 concert in Chile, the excited crowd began to spit on Faith No More. Patton encouraged this and even invited people to spit in his open mouth while singing.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    oh snap...

who's next?

Funny shit.

this is pretty rad. Its like he wasnt even planning on dissing them, he just couldnt help himself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a straight up rider for Mike Patton, but I thought this was a little rude. I like the Wolfmother songs I've heard. They're cool in that little throwback way. He could of just said "You know, this retro 70's shit is kinda tired." I know it was an off-the-cuff remark, but damn. There are a lot of bands deserving of a Mike Patton dis that are way worse than Wolfmother.

• And LOL @ the idea that El-P is some dude whose entire musical universe is circumscribed by New York.

I didn't say that

• TeemuTeemu 12 Posts
    New video from Bangers and Cash: Loose

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Nah wolfmother are pretty deserving. Cheap ass led zep and sabbath rip offs...The only reason they got anywhere is because they were down with the tsubi/modular guys. Aside from the teenybopper crowd here in australia most people in the rock scene fuckin hate those guys.

• New video from Bangers and Cash: Loose

Jeans aren't tight enough.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    SPANK ROCKS NEW VIDEO

NSFW!!!!!!

this shit is crazy.

• haha... is that chick eating out the other girls ass like 1:20 in?

• SPANK ROCKS NEW VIDEO

NSFW!!!!!!

this shit is crazy.

I'd rather watch "Doowutchyalike" and listen to Tairrie B.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    SPANK ROCKS NEW VIDEO

NSFW!!!!!!

this shit is crazy.

I'd rather watch "Doowutchyalike" and listen to Tairrie B.

haha. i'd rather just watch a prawn and listen to j.j. fad.

summalummadummalumma and all that.

• I thought both of el-p's albums were amazing.

You dont fucks with this?

Nah, I likes my Hip-Hop with a little funk and a little soul..El-P has neither. Different does not = good. Dude uses alot of noises and makes clutterd beats and he's great producer just because he's purposefully abstract?? Don't think so. Nevermind his lack of flow or cadence...

And yes, I've heard Funcrusher and Fantastic Damage. I actually bought Fan Dam and returned it in one of those trade 5 used CDs for 1 new one. So i lost money onthat one. El-P, you owe me for your unlistenable album. IMO, Hip-Hop has to have some sort of connection with the streets, El-P sounds like he's trying to make music for goth kids and punk rockers more than Hip-Hop heads.