I Am Legend/Omega Man

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Same shit, right?

Comments

• Not supposed to be. Looks like generous liberties taken with Richard Matheson's classic book "I Am Legend".

• Ha, I thought the same thing. It doesn't look like he has the same flashy pad and car like in omega man. I will probably see this movie.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ha, I thought the same thing. It doesn't look like he has the same flashy pad and car like in omega man. I will probably see this movie.

he does have the car. dude is rockin a Ferrari(or some red car) in Nyc

Same???

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I put up the trailers on here a few days ago. Kinda the same as 28 days, but Will Smith is the only human left I think.

Edit:

Some trailers.

I am Legend - US Trailer

Posted Today

NA

• F*** Will Smith and all the intellectually lazy SOBs in Hollywood who run around thinking they can "improve upon" everything that's already been done.

Read the book, rent 'Omega Man' (or 'The Last Man on Earth' with Vincent Price), or - on second thought - just read the book, which is excellent.

F*** Will Smith and all the intellectually lazy SOBs in Hollywood who run around thinking they can "improve upon" everything that's already been done.

Read the book, rent 'Omega Man' (or 'The Last Man on Earth' with Vincent Price), or - on second thought - just read the book, which is excellent.

• I kinda am. It *is* a really good book and the film looks like they just changed up all kinda shit. Lions running around and whatnot. That's not the vibe of the book. The book is all about loner paranoia and a retelling of the vampire mythos.

• F*** Will Smith and all the intellectually lazy SOBs in Hollywood who run around thinking they can "improve upon" everything that's already been done.

Hell...uh...to the YES.

Matheson is a big fave of mine, and specifically in his case (and generally in respect to the garbage that passes for movie "adaptations") I just get tired of the endless stream of crap. If anything good comes out of this it'll be that 'I Am Legend' will come out in a cheap trade paperback version and people will have the opportunity to get at the source material.

now we're talkin.

• 'I Am Legend' will come out in a cheap trade paperback version and people will have the opportunity to get at the source material.

This will happen. So why are you mad?

Movies like this always increase interest in the book they are adapted from. A ton of people will see the movie and then read the book, no doubt agreeing with you that "the book was better."

• 'I Am Legend' will come out in a cheap trade paperback version and people will have the opportunity to get at the source material.

Movies like this always increase interest in the book they are adapted from. A ton of people will see the movie and then read the book, no doubt agreeing with you that "the book was better."

Because a veritable army of humps will exit the theaters, never go anywhere near the book and will spend the rest of their miserable lives ignorant of Matheson's original vision. If your going to shit on someone's book, at least change the title.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    'I Am Legend' will come out in a cheap trade paperback version and people will have the opportunity to get at the source material.

Because a veritable army of humps will exit the theaters, never go anywhere near the book and will spend the rest of their miserable lives ignorant of Matheson's original vision. If your going to shit on someone's book, at least change the title.

If Matheson's willing to let it go, so am I.

• Read Philip K. Dick.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Read Philip K. Dick.

The Silent hill movie had a big omega man/last man on earth influence.

Skip Phillip k dick. Play Silent hill 2!!

- spidey

Read Philip K. Dick.

The Silent hill movie had a big omega man/last man on earth influence.

Skip Phillip k dick. Play Silent hill 2!!

Critique pleez

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I am excited about the I am Legend movie.

Anyone excited about "The Mist" ? That was a nice Stephen King story actually.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Another Scifi movie that looks interesting is Jumper.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/jumper/lrg.html

That Jumper movie looks dope!!!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I don't know if I'm ready to deal with HC post Star Wars.

Forget about HC, it's all about the supporting cast and visual effects! Bilson in a bra! Samuel Jackson reprising his "Unbreakable" voodooman role! Crazed visual effects!

Jeah!

Forget about HC, it's all about the supporting cast and visual effects! Bilson in a bra! Samuel Jackson reprising his "Unbreakable" voodooman role! Crazed visual effects!

Jeah!

You sound like you liked "Transformers" too.

As for special effects, isn't this basically the same shit as:

Do I really need a whole movie?

Come on man you know you wanna see this dude "jump" into a bank and then have Sam Jackson pull him through the ether with some tractor gun..and BILSON, son!!!!

hahaha, nahh I hated that Transformers crap except for Megan Fox haha!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Come on man you know you wanna see this dude "jump" into a bank and then have Sam Jackson pull him through the ether with some tractor gun..and BILSON, son!!!!

I'm with Oliver, I can't stand HC. I think he's one of the worst actors I've ever seen.
    This movie looks like something I would have watched when I was 14.

YOU GUYS SOUND OLD

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    YOU GUYS SOUND OLD

YOU SOUND DUMB.

YOU GUYS SOUND OLD

YOU SOUND DUMB.

THANKS!

hahaha, nahh I hated that Transformers crap except for Megan Fox haha!

TRUTH NUGGETS.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Nah but for real, the premise of the movie just doesn't interest me.

And I love how dudes are quick to throw "you sound old" around whenever someone calls something corny for what it is

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I live within walking distance of the freeway in Omega Man (210 in Sylmar).

As for the "book is better than the movie" stuff, i feel like such an anti-intellectual for not reading the novels assocated with so many classic movies. I guess I should start.