Miles: On The Corner Boxset

13»

Comments

• Do local black exp grandmas say..."Oh yeah that that Miles shit, he was doin that funk shit?" - I doubt it.

your doubt is well founded - speaking as someone who looks at alot 'local black exp grandma' type records - you never see OTC - unlike say, 'Sun Goddess' or Donald Byrd lps for example.

I've read before that this attempt by Miles to connect with mainstream black listeners completely failed. Not only that, this record was absolutely reviled by jazz dudes, even the ones who were into BB and In a Silent Way.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Do local black exp grandmas say..."Oh yeah that that Miles shit, he was doin that funk shit?" - I doubt it.

your doubt is well founded - speaking as someone who looks at alot 'local black exp grandma' type records - you never see OTC - unlike say, 'Sun Goddess' or Donald Byrd lps for example.

I've read before that this attempt by Miles to connect with mainstream black listeners completely failed. Not only that, this record was absolutely reviled by jazz dudes, even the ones who were into BB and In a Silent Way.

Its his most controversial album.