Root Beer

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
What's your fave?I'm partial to Mug and A&W - Mug is just a classic, and A&W cause I used to go to the restaurants and get the teddy bear straw

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Abita...real cane sugar in that steez, tastes great

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    barqs, shits got bite YO!

and the usual IBC, and JONES CREAM SODA LIKE WHA!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Henry Weinhard's Root Beer folls.....

• you tell em johnny! you tell the WORLD

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    We've got micro brew sodas out here. The Ginger Ales and Root Beers are great.

Just to make this record related, here is a Root Beer record:

Hires put it out.

• pknypkny 549 Posts

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Barq's is where it's at for me...mainly because my junior high school in NOLA had a machine that I used to hit up every day before my long bus ride home. Few outside of NOLA know that Barq's used to come in (and may still for all I know) all sorts of different soda flavors...grape, orange, etc.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    What's your fave?

I'm partial to Mug and A&W - Mug is just a classic, and A&W cause I used to go to the restaurants and order my food from a god damn telephone![/b]

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    theres this company called "Hanks" out here in California, I don't know if it exists elsewhere but that shit is amazing. I got a friend obsessed with finding the perfect soda. He's gone on this quest for years. He turned me on to Hanks and man I gotta admit dudes hard work paid off

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Barq's! A&W is too sweet...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    We've got micro brew sodas out here. The Ginger Ales and Root Beers are great.

Just to make this record related, here is a Root Beer record:

Hires put it out.

I hope she unpacks her adjectives.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I love root beer, but can't drink too much of that these days. I liked Mug when it first came out, very good flavor. But in the last few years it seems to have changed. Either that, or my tastes have changed.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Without a doubt, the best root beer hands down, game over. us sconnies luv us sum beer.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Barq's is where it's at for me...

da-mn! BARQ'S! lol i used to drink that all the time back in the day. Their commercials were kinda cool.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    Barq's is where it's at for me...

da-mn! BARQ'S! lol i used to drink that all the time back in the day. Their commercials were kinda cool.

free barqtoos

i had one of them hoity toity micro brew root beers once and it tasted like shit. give me corn sizurp any day.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts

Sickest root beer ever because it has HONEY

melting the fucking shit out of my face

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    What's your fave?

I'm partial to Mug and A&W - Mug is just a classic, and A&W cause I used to go to the restaurants and order my food from a god damn telephone![/b]

Toss a scoop of vanilla ice cream in that mug of root beer...GAME OVER.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    What's your fave?

Toss a scoop of vanilla ice cream in that mug of root beer...GAME OVER.

the best is when you stir it all up and make it like a rootbeer frosty cross breed thang

• I.B.C!!!!!!!!

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    ibc. stein.

• Sickest root beer ever because it has HONEY

melting the fucking shit out of my face

yes sir. this is the double truth Ruth.

• Barq's is better. I used to get Barq's in the 2 liter bottles when I was a kid back in the 80's. The cans seem to hold more carbonate to me, maybe it's because we could never properly close the cap on the 2 liters correctly! More bubbles the better... and yes, A&W is waaaaay to sweet for me, it tastes more like candy that root beer.

• repeat post

• re-repeat post

• A&W.

that shit went the way of kentucky fried chicken. they defintiely changed up the formula sometime in the 90's or there about. damn shame.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    IBC
    MUG

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dr Brown and Stewarts

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Virgil's. They actually use real ingredients rather than flavor extracts, which is what most of them rely on now, unfortunately. Full disclosure: when my grandfather was still around, he used to make root beer, which was amazing and pretty much spoiled my ability to enjoy most bottled root beers. The recipe died with him, but my uncle still has all of his equipment, so we've decided to try and re-engineer it as best we can.