Transformers.

13»

Comments

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

this pretty much sums it up, except for the gripes about the product placement.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

this pretty much sums it up, except for the gripes about the product placement. [/quote

You know - I'd go to see it based on that review. Only, I fear the review might have been more entertaining than the actual movie.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Saw it last night. I thought it was fucking awesome. Any gripes about the movie vs. the cartoon are petty. As an action film it doesn't get much better. If I had any complaint it's that their wasn't enough characterization in the transformers and that there wasn't enough transformers.

I also wish they would have thrown in the original theme somewhere during the film. Or at the very least over the credit.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    it didn't have that much action tho. what it did have was endless scenes of exposition with john voight.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    This is pretty rad.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Exciting and satsifying. The tension never really gave up, they captured the total confusion and chaos nicely and the soundtrack minus bad rock would have sufficed. Love stories always kill the roll of a good action/blow-things-up movie and this movie barely escaped the mushy subplot. So ridiculous, you are roaming with robots that kill and you're going to sweat a girl for having a record? Too many cut-aways to military folks turning knobs, speaking into head-sets and pushing buttons - who cares? I wish there was more detail in the transformation scenes, but I guess that would have been $10m more. I liked it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    So the consensus is "Good Action Movie" & "Not Enuff Transformers Accuracy"?

Optimus Kane?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Orson Welles last film was that Transformers animated movie right?

• TabneticTabnetic 206 Posts
    I thought it was fucking awesome. Any gripes about the movie vs. the cartoon are petty. As an action film it doesn't get much better. If I had any complaint it's that their wasn't enough characterization in the transformers and that there wasn't enough transformers.

the movie was fucking hot. yeah yeah, michael bay inserted the usual romance, weird one-liners and whatever, but i didn't go in there to see that shit. i wanted to see the robots, and there were plenty and the fight scenes were dope.

but it is a typical hollywood movie. the guy gets the girl who's about 7 years out of his league and even the only black robot dies. (though i have long since had a theory that optimus prime is a brother too white people can't put bass in their voice like that).

i had 4 real transformers growing up and like 10 go-bots. the transformers treated the go-bots like second-class citizens. it was a regular robotic jim crow 'round my house in the late 80's.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    i dug this flick. I came in with pretty low expectations and was pretty impressed. The script wasn't even that bad. Yes there are lots of product placements, but it's a summer blockbuster...that's to be expected these days.
    Michael Bay is a fucking hack, but i have to say i think this was his best work. (yes i know that sounds a little ridiculous)

anyway, it's worth your 10 bucks.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    the only black robot dies. (though i have long since had a theory that optimus prime is a brother too white people can't put bass in their voice like that).

How does one tell the race of a Transformer? If it's by voice, then Optimus is white since the person who voiced him is white.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    is this movie supposed to be a comedy?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It was funny at times, on purpose.

the only black robot dies. (though i have long since had a theory that optimus prime is a brother too white people can't put bass in their voice like that).

How does one tell the race of a Transformer? If it's by voice, then Optimus is white since the person who voiced him is white.

Scatman Cruthers - Jazz

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I saw this the other weekend and it was fucking great. A lot of people boo'd though.

peace, 'check . . .

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    I saw this the other weekend and it was fucking great. A lot of people boo'd though.

peace, 'check . . .

huh, when i saw it all the teenagers in the front rows clapped at the end.

peace, 'check . . .

Those teens are too young to remember the OG cartoon.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

peace, 'check . . .

Those teens are too young to remember the OG cartoon.

Well I'm not too young to remember the OG cartoon and I remember how fucking corny it was. I don't know what people expected. The cartoon is great, so is the movie, they are corny as shit, there's fucking ROBOTS. the end

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I definitely thought of this more than once during the movie...

that was awesome.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I'm sick of hearing mawfuckas complain about this shit. Get your dick out of your heart. That movie, plain and simple, had the best CGI I've ever seen. It was fucking ridiculous. My jaw was dropped the entire time (pause).

Honestly - we should just appreciate the experience alone. I don't know about the rest of ya'll - but I booked my ticket at the Archlight Dome a day in advance for a 2:00 PM show- got there 45 mins early - and was instantly turned back into being 6 years old all over again. That shit was fucking fresh. And the Transformers lines were fucking fresh.

"ARE YOU LADIES MAN 217?!??!?"

And Ratchet pisses on John Turturro. That shit was fire.

• TabneticTabnetic 206 Posts

jazz is clearly meant to be interpreted as "black" b/c he talks the way people in hollywood (and many other places) think black people talk. plus he dances in the movie. i'm sure michael bay wanted to spend some animation dollars on creating a shuckin' and jivin' negro that they could kill off in the end.

as far as optimus prime, i was clearly saying that he was cool, so therefore he must be black, because white people are so lame and do things like wear Dockers and watch Mad About You. i think a lot of the transformers are black. barricade, bonecrusher...all brothers. starscream is a little bitch, he's probably german or something. but megatron is DEFINITELY puerto rican.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    but megatron is DEFINITELY puerto rican.
    this is a theory i can get behind.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    .....and finally