artists you just can't stand....

1235»

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    And who was it that got jumped for defaming Neil Young and Bob Dylan?

Well, while I don't hatt on Neil Young, his voice grates on my sensibilities sometimes. Interestingly, though, Dylan's does not, even at its silliest extreme.

Jimmy Buffet
    Do you party? 'Cause that shit gets the chubby 50-somethings open. Must be the cheeseburger references. It's like crack rap for fat, old, square white people.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    AKON for fucks sake!

• AKON for fucks sake!

The new Nate dogg..

• Jamie Cullum

Talib Kweli

Pussycat Dolls

J Lo

James Blunt

Coldplay

Faithless

Robbie Williams

Blackeyed Peas

Jermaine Dupri

James Blunt

Akon

• scurlscurl 75 Posts
    The new Nate dogg..

rules say -

transitive property:

Nate Dogg = Player, so therefore Hate for Nathaniel Dogg = Player Hation.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    my favourite Danish thrash act is "danny cool" though and his smash single with the boney m. sample.

Where does this unfortunate knowledge of Danish poop(c)rap come from? Aren't you from Berlin, PP?

I studied at the Unversity of Copenhagen for one term and the 13 year old boy from my host family had a huuuge collection.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I'm yaking when I hear something in regards to:
    Elvis
    The Beatles
    Kelly Clarkston( she has a nice ass on her) thats about it.
    Britney Spears
    Eminem
    50 cent
    P. Diddy
    Jermaine Dupri
    Young Jeezy & T.I
    &
    ROB..Mr. Vanilla ICE!!!!

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    eminem
    akon
    50 cent
    dschii unit
    busta rhymes
    bridney spears

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    plus
    nickelback
    jay z
    good charlotte plus allthese other bands that sound the same
    genesis
    the police

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    T.I

Please to explain here. I'm confused about what the dislike relates to and why he's been paired with Jeezy in your post.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Jimmy Buffet
    Do you party? 'Cause that shit gets the chubby 50-somethings
    open. Must be the cheeseburger references. It's like crack rap for fat, old, square white people.

Ha hah! Parrotheadz know the deal.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    -Morrissey
    -Red Hot Chili Peppers
    -Kanye West rapping
    more...

• three words:

steve miller band.

• Jimmy Buffet
    open. Must be the cheeseburger references. It's like crack rap for fat, old, square white people.

Nice...way to drop the graem on GBH...

Jimmy Buffet

I think it's often appropriate. I've argued time and time again that we need to create programming that appeals to a younger crowd, but we're focused on kids and older folks. It's sad in a way, because something like that James Brown broadcast from 1968 I posted a while back wouldn't happen today because the mindset has aged with the decision-makers.

So yes, we do create some hoity-toity shit sometimes.

But it still beats commercial TV.

Sometimes.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

moby cue ball headed twat

• Jimmy Buffet

I think it's often appropriate. I've argued time and time again that we need to create programming that appeals to a younger crowd, but we're focused on kids and older folks. It's sad in a way, because something like that James Brown broadcast from 1968 I posted a while back wouldn't happen today because the mindset has aged with the decision-makers.

So yes, we do create some hoity-toity shit sometimes.

But it still beats commercial TV.

Sometimes.

Wow. Real discussion...Wasn't planning on that; I just found it pretty funny that he dropped it on our resident PBSer. One might call it 'ironic,' even.

That said, you raise and interesting point. I recall that when we first got cable a couple years back, I couldn't help but think that PBS actually had more in common with cable programming than network stuff. The specialized shows being my examples here; network television does not offer an hour look at a particular disease/cultural movement/historical event/sport, etc. But, that is definitely the sort of thing I can find on TLC, Bravo, AMC, the History Channel, and a host of other channels that I can't think of as I type this. So, in that way, I think PBS can appeal to a wider audience than we might initially think.

That said...the marketing and much of the other programing is yawn inducing, and not in a cool-narcotic-drug way; but in a warm-milk-old way.

• The Beatles and 50 Cent, also any rapper who "RETIRES"

• Pink

Alanis Morisette