artists you just can't stand....

Comments

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Joe Cocker, for some reason, really grates on me. Unlistenable.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    While on the topic check (youtube link) the number one pop group (Nik & Jay) to hate here in Denmark.

Usually when a group gets as much hate as these guys I evolve some kind of sympathy for them, but not with these huys. They don't bread any hate at all within me though, just a feeling of wanting to slap them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Qp6hNgxGY

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I just spent 8 hours writing a discourse on why Kenny G is the artist I can't stand, when I check and see that Pat Metheny had already said everything I had just written.

But dude, he can play the longest note evar!!!

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Michael Bolton

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You shouldn't feel bad about not feeling Stevie Wonder. I am apparently the only one who remembers a popular strutter posting a I Am Sick Of Stevie Wonder thread a few years ago. That poster was so cool that everyone else was saying how sick of Stevie they were and I was given the gasface for saying how much I loved Stevie.

Name him!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Michael Bolton

Actually, I celebrate his entire collection.

So... what is it you would you say you exactly do around here?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I just spent 8 hours writing a discourse on why Kenny G is the artist I can't stand, when I check and see that Pat Metheny had already said everything I had just written.

But dude, he can play the longest note evar!!!

Beg your pardon?[/b]

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

• I am not also not feeling Stevie Wonder, mostly because of the slick production of a lot of the stuff I heard (both 70s and 80s stuff) and his slick vocals, I really like the gritty "Contract on love" with Stevie as a young one. I can like some slick soul but the stuff I have heard with Stevie doesn??t get me as much as say Al Green or Terry Callier

...but I like Prince, even his 90s stuff

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    AC/DC = worst sounding garbage I've EVER heard

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    AC/DC = best[/b] sounding rock band ever

b/w

please don't invite me to any parties at your house

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    and i dont think that disliking stevie means disliking soul music.

it comes pretty close.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Oh, and Dave Matthews and Phish. I think they're both pretty self-explanatory. And yes, I understand that Phish are veritible virtuosos on their instruments, which makes it so much harder to listen to the frivolous crap they produce.

And not liking Stevie doesn't necessarily equate to not liking soul, but if you're familiar with his catalog and still don't like any, it may mean that you have no soul.

But I imagine it's just a lack of exposure, so get your Songsinthekeyoflifetalkingbookinnervisionsetc on. Cheap copies abound.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    Shakira...i really couldn't care less that her hips don't lie...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I fucking HATE Lil' Wayne.

His voice annoys me on a higher level then you could ever imagine.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    While on the topic check (youtube link) the number one pop group (Nik & Jay) to hate here in Denmark.

Usually when a group gets as much hate as these guys I evolve some kind of sympathy for them, but not with these huys. They don't bread any hate at all within me though, just a feeling of wanting to slap them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Qp6hNgxGY

hahaha! I remember these dudes. Ultimate

my favourite Danish thrash act is "danny cool" though and his smash single with the boney m. sample.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

I was expecting a "You don't like rap", but that'll do.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Van Morrison

Fuck that, why would you, how could you?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I was expecting a "You don't like rap", but that'll do.

"do you party?"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    "do you party?"
    improper use alert.
    you are docked 5 elise points.

i can see why someone would find wayne's voice annoying, nowadays.

• i'm gonna go in a different vein and say:

Matthew Barney. sure his work is interesting to look at, but it's the most expensive pieces of masturbation I've ever witnessed. I just don't get why folks went so ga ga over the cremaster show.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    my favourite Danish thrash act is "danny cool" though and his smash single with the boney m. sample.

Where does this unfortunate knowledge of Danish poop(c)rap come from? Aren't you from Berlin, PP?

I remember someone gave Otis Redding the "meeh" treatment. Who was it that was hating on ol' Otis? And who was it that got jumped for defaming Neil Young and Bob Dylan? I think it's funny when somebody goes against the consensus, even if I don't agree. But I do love Stevie.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    "do you party?"
    improper use alert.

you are docked 5 elise points.

no, no, young deej. I was simply offering "do you party" as one of the many snappy strut retorts available when someone does not see the value in certain rap music. clearly if this person "partied" they would see the effect young weezy has on young breezys, and would realized the utility of dude's music.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    Dire Straits. The epitome of AOR MOR and Jeeeeeeeeeeezus they are fucking boring.

on Fleetwood Mac too.

Hell yes.

Let me add a few logs the fire:

Jimmy Buffet
    Bruce Springsteen
    Andrew Bird (I don't get it)

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

oof..straight trippin.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    While I'm not a huge fan of Lil' Wayne, his voice is nowhere as annoying as Mos Def's voice in the movie "16 Blocks" which I watched this past weekend. I seriously wanted to punch the TV.

Okay carry on.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    While I'm not a huge fan of Lil' Wayne, his voice is nowhere as annoying as Mos Def's voice in the movie "16 Blocks" which I watched this past weekend. I seriously wanted to punch the TV.

HAHAHAHA I watched that shit last night and was thinking that exact same thing.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    oof..straight trippin.

Can you name a current rapper with a more pre-pubescent, crackly, shitty voice?

Oh yeah

Talib is horrible.