COME UPS------> 1st weekend of december

2»

Comments

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

what the hell is that star wars thang???

It wasn't me who bought it, but I can probably tell you anyway. I THINK I know what that album is, and it was probably inevitable that this elpee would resurface somewhere...

After the Star Wars flick came out (obviously), some label had these studio musicians record original, schlocky pop-rock songs about it, rather than do songs from it. And then they marketed by TV mail order, titling it Living In These Star Wars (I forget the artist's name, but then again that probably wasn't the point). I actually remember seeing the commercial once or twice on Saturday afternoon teevee, during the commercial break of the Monstrous Movie. Even as a grade-schooler I wasn't fooled into thinking they were original s/t songs, but I bet it would be good to hear today for a laugh. And if there's a personnel listing, we might just see a famous name or two trying to pay some bills. Doesn't it have a sappy ballad called "Leia?"

Real clever the way they used the exact same Star Wars logo, but then inverted the "s" in Wars to keep George Lucas (or whoever the director was) and his lawyers away...

basically.

but, and i say this with zero sarcasm, "a respirator for darth vader" is fucking great.

• nothing too exciting, but i believe dakar sold this pitman thing for a bunch of money so hopefully i'll have the same luck.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Blues Image - Pay My Dues
    Oscar Brown Jr - Feel The Fire
    Cherry People - I'm The One Who Loves You
    Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare
    Alice Cooper - Elected
    Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
    Four Tops - Remember When
    Richie Havens - Younger Men Get Older
    The Hollies - Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress
    Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath
    Quincy Jones - Call Me Mister Tibbs