HOW DO YOU VIEW DIET SODA DRINKERS?

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    DIABETICS?

• eff all dat. Diet sodas taste nasty anyway. Just drink water, juice, iced tea or gatorade. Im so used to not drinking soda that when I do drink one I get sick. Light cigarettes?? C'mon now. thats for high school girls. I used to smoke Newports. I quit when I started hacking up nasty shit. I'm getting out of the military soon, so the only thing I'll be smoking is the sticky green. Light beers??? I guess its OK if you like the taste, but If you're looking out for calories, you have a vagina. Now, If you drink diet soda and smoke light cigarettes and drink light beers.....that might qualify you as a hipster.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    but If you're looking out for calories, you have a vagina.

so that's what this mysterious crevice is! thanks!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Circle-K has Jarritos 2 for a dollar...but the Limon jernts are always sold out. I dont like the mandarin ones. the tamarind ones are ok.

on the hipster front...just wait until low-carb PBR comes out...the hipsters here are into getting kegs of Sparks..now that shit is nasty.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Sparks..now that shit is nasty.

possibly the nastiest shit EVAR! I won't even drink that shit when I'm drunk. WHEN I'M DRUNK!

eff all dat.

**NEVERMIND** Comment isn't worth my time

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    eff all dat. Diet sodas taste nasty anyway. Just drink water, juice, iced tea or gatorade. Im so used to not drinking soda that when I do drink one I get sick. Light cigarettes?? C'mon now. thats for high school girls. I used to smoke Newports. I quit when I started hacking up nasty shit. I'm getting out of the military soon, so the only thing I'll be smoking is the sticky green. Light beers??? I guess its OK if you like the taste, but If you're looking out for calories, you have a vagina.

You probably have never been overweight then?? The girls that I have been into do not dig guys with guts, love handles, double chins... I had all this in college when I drank a liter of coke per day and chased that with a six pack of dark beer at night to come down. So yeah... I'm thin again and I watch my calories. Call me a bitch.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    ..hit up your local mexican bistro and get a mexican coke or sprite, they are good as hell...

There's a little Mexican grocery next to the record store I work at... I occasionally get a Coke there cuz they have the glass bottles, but I'm pretty sure its standard American Coke... does the Mexican kind look different?

That stuff might not even make it this far North...

• eff all dat. Diet sodas taste nasty anyway. Just drink water, juice, iced tea or gatorade. Im so used to not drinking soda that when I do drink one I get sick. Light cigarettes?? C'mon now. thats for high school girls. I used to smoke Newports. I quit when I started hacking up nasty shit. I'm getting out of the military soon, so the only thing I'll be smoking is the sticky green. Light beers??? I guess its OK if you like the taste, but If you're looking out for calories, you have a vagina.

You probably have never been overweight then?? The girls that I have been into do not dig guys with guts, love handles, double chins... I had all this in college when I drank a liter of coke per day and chased that with a six pack of dark beer at night to come down. So yeah... I'm thin again and I watch my calories. Call me a bitch.

Nah man, I'm talking about people who drink light beer for "health" reasons. C'mon like its ok to fuck up your liver, but if you're not gaining weight by doing it its OK.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    all those artificial sweeteners are straight up poison.

get this,

the only real non-sugar based sweetener that is actually good for you is outlawed by the FDA.....

as the sheeth uncovers from our eyes, I give you: STEVIA

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Well, Paris Hilton says Diet Soda is for fat people, and that kinda makes sense if you think about it. Does corn syrup really f up your liver? Even If I only have 1 soda a day? I just can't get w/ diet it tastes like shit to me. And 50 cents to a buck a pop is not something I'm willing to shell out for a mexi soda on a daily basis, I buy the store brand $2 a 12 stuff.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

get this,

the only real non-sugar based sweetener that is actually good for you is outlawed by the FDA.....

as the sheeth uncoveres from our eyes, I give you: STEVIA

whoa - thanks for posting that

Bought your record the other day too btw, good shit.

Speaking of illegal things, someone shoot me some adderall por favorio.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Soda is terrible for you in regular or diet form. Drink some water folls!
    I'm sayin'....

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Nah man, I'm talking about people who drink light beer for "health" reasons. C'mon like its ok to fuck up your liver, but if you're not gaining weight by doing it its OK.

Yeah, granted. If you switched from regular to light beers for the sake of your liver, you're straight up stupid but sodas and beers are empty calories. Sodas moreso than beers. Look at it this way. Your average bottle of beer is about 150 calories. You drink a six pack and that's 900 calories. The average person doesn't need to consume more than 1800 calories a day. Less if you're pretty inactive, more if you work out a lot. So, let's say you have a heafty bowl of cereal with skim milk. That 300 to 400 calories. You have a sandwich with a soda for lunch and a bag of chips, that's 500 to 600 calories. You have a candy bar. That's 200 to 300 calories. You go home or to a bar and drink a six pack. Boom, that's 2200 calories you've consumed for the day. 400 more than you should. If you're a snacker or you eat out at mexican places or fastfoods places you might wanna throw an extra 500 to 1000 calories on top of that. It's 2700 to 3200 calories. You only need 1800 or so.

I'm speaking from experience. I went from 232 to 165. I lost that weight and know my shit. Now, I'm bulking up, lifting weights and actually started a heavy lifting, high protein, high calorie diet to help gain muscle. I'll do it for six months, maybe get up to 180 or 190 in weight and then switch to a cut diet and try and bring it down to 175 or 170, more precisely I'll try and cut down my bodyfat to 10% to 14% (I'm 14% right now).

When I'm a hulking 190 lbs, 10% bodyfat motherfucker I'll dare anyone to come up to me and call me a pussy while I'm drinking my light beer.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Even If I only have 1 soda a day? I just can't get w/ diet it tastes like shit to me.

I agree. When you first switch it does taste like shit but you adjust to the flavor and soon you don't even notice the difference. Diet 7-up is better. Tastes just like regular 7-up but without all the flem.

Soda is terrible for you in regular or diet form. Drink some water folls!
    I'm sayin'....

Yes, let's talk about water. I like the one that was made by Shasta, very clean tasting. They sell it at Winco and I believe they were bought out by Nestle. Fiji water is good too.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Diet soda is for terds.

Diet beer is for terds.

Drinking beer from a 40 is for terds. If you're going to drink a 40, make got damn sure it's malt liquor.

-e

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts

get this,

as the sheeth uncoveres from our eyes, I give you: STEVIA

whoa - thanks for posting that

Bought your record the other day too btw, good shit.

Speaking of illegal things, someone shoot me some adderall por favorio.

thanks mayne. got some new stuff on the horizon as well.

respect.

..hit up your local mexican bistro and get a mexican coke or sprite, they are good as hell...

There's a little Mexican grocery next to the record store I work at... I occasionally get a Coke there cuz they have the glass bottles, but I'm pretty sure its standard American Coke... does the Mexican kind look different?

That stuff might not even make it this far North...

I did a track called "Mexican Coke", and I talked about this. The Mexican Coke is made with real cane sugar opposed to the "manufactured sugars" (corn syrup) that made old Coke into new Coke. What we have in the U.S. is a cheaper formula, the plants in Mexico make it the old way. Holland also makes their Coca-Cola in the original way, and France has a sweeter formula as well. A lot of people don't know that, and think that when New Coke went away, Coca-Cola went back to their original formula.

http://www.popsoda.com is where you can order a few bottles if you're not near a store that may stock them.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    legend has it if you drink 3 Hoegaardens a day and drink each one in three large gulps, you will live to be 99. I think I found a healthy eating and drinking plan I can stick with.

Diet soda is for terds.

Then I am a funky diabetic turd.

I can maintain a good balance with food. But the moment I do drink a regular soda, even if it's a few sips, I get woozy. I know that sounds like complete ass, but it's an immediate sugar buzz that my body can no longer take. Losing weight can of course get rid of a lot of these problems, but that's not so easy either. It's determination, and I fall in and out of that.

• Diet soda is for terds.

But the moment I do drink a regular soda, even if it's a few sips, I get woozy. I know that sounds like complete ass, but it's an immediate sugar buzz that my body can no longer take.

Same with me. I get nausious. I think its the caffeine and sugar cuz I don't drink coffee either. But diet soda tastes nast to me, so I stick to agua. But the choice always comes down to money. Water is cheaper than soda. Fruits are cheaper than potato chips, cookies, and chocolate. I save money and I don't consume shit that I don't need at the same time. The main reason I quit cigarettes was because it was getting too expensive.

Same with me. I get nausious. I think its the caffeine and sugar cuz I don't drink coffee either. But diet soda tastes nast to me, so I stick to agua. But the choice always comes down to money. Water is cheaper than soda. Fruits are cheaper than potato chips, cookies, and chocolate. I save money and I don't consume shit that I don't need at the same time. The main reason I quit cigarettes was because it was getting too expensive.

Fortunately I don't smoke or drink alcohol, but I'll have a sweet tooth and I'm wanting to keep myself occupied. It's bad. Diet soda gets easier to consume, but I agree with the water thing, sometimes it (soda) gets to be too much and I get into water and fruit on a regular basis.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I find the hostility in this thread totally bizarre. I drink like 3 or 4 Diet Cokes a day; I'm one of those weird folks who actually like the taste better than regular Coke.

The aspartame causing cancer crap has been disproven for over 20 years now. I wish people would use the internet to research things other than their conspiracy theories.

http://cis.nci.nih.gov/fact/3_19.htm

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/tpaspart.html

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I wish people would use the internet to research things other than their conspiracy theories.

http://www.stevia.net/aspartame.htm

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    For the record, I don't really care who drinks diet sodas. The malt liquor thing does however bother me.

-e

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I wish people would use the internet to research things other than their conspiracy theories.

I'd like to see some source materials for those statements. In the meantime, did you see anything on that site about Stevia's potential for cancer risk? Probably not.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Dudes, everything causes cancer. And, I guarantee you are exposing yourself to way more carcinogenic things on a daily basis than fucking fake sugar. I bet some of you people who don't drink diet soda because it causes cancer probably smoke too, huh?

-e

You're right - I think the evidence speaks for itself:

it produced microscopic holes and tumors in the brains of experimental mice, epileptic seizures in monkeys, and was converted by animals into dangerous substances, including formaldehyde

Even if there isn't proof either way, I'm inclined to NOT want to put a chemical sugar replacement into my body regardless.

I'd like to see some source materials for those statements.

Its never been disputed that aspartame fucked up those poor little labrats

Thats where the "it would take 5 lbs to give you cancer" stuff comes from, correct?