Post a record that can't be Googled!

Comments

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

noz do you have one of these?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

noz do you have one of these?

yeah incidentally i was listening to that today. it's not nearly as good as it looks, but it's ok as far as gospel choirs go, but i obviously have a certain regional bias. Tr*** T*** Records released at least one other record in a similar vein.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    haha yeah it's definitely not as good as the cover, but the last track isn't so bad..

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

from 1970 name of the artist is "Scoop" Nisker

Tracks have names like "Modern American Orgasm" & "Conspiracy"

so I guess no one know sthe deal here?

I have no heroes anymore

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    "Did you mean Ramadan Winslow?"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    "Did you mean Ramadan Winslow?"

this is what AP should of named his daughter

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

the only google connection will bring you to a post about a year back where i was writing from a la quinta inn in Crowley, LA stating that I found one of these.

La Quinta is apparently spanish for high speed internet. i did not know that.

very cool gospel "talent" record out of houston with one heavy boogie-ish tune with a rap (sort of a la Pied Piper of Funkingham) that's quite nice.... but one gorgeous modern soul number that is lush and sexy smooth. i mean it. just a nice feel.

• La Quinta is apparently spanish for high speed internet. i did not know that.

Naw, it's Spanish for "next to Denny's".

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

La Quinta is apparently spanish for high speed internet. i did not know that.

haha. rockadelic said the same thing while we were on the road to KC. it must be true.

• La Quinta is apparently spanish for high speed internet. i did not know that.

haha. rockadelic said the same thing while we were on the road to KC. it must be true.

Texas joke. And here I am trottin' out rehashed material. Damn.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Wouldn't posting a non-googlable record here make it quickly.... googleable?

• I stayed at a La Quinta the last time I was in Chicago and it was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. Like $50 a night too. I even left my cell phone charger in the room and they shipped it to me!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I stayed at a La Quinta the last time I was in Chicago and it was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at.

i hope that by "nicest" you mean friendly customer service and not the quality of the rooms.

the real question though is:

did you use free high-speed internet?
    was there a denny's next-door?

• I stayed at a La Quinta the last time I was in Chicago and it was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at.

i hope that by "nicest" you mean friendly customer service and not the quality of the rooms.

the real question though is:

did you use free high-speed internet?
    was there a denny's next-door?

No it was fucking PLUSH. HUGE bathroom too. It was probably brand new, but still I've got nothing but love for The Quinta. I think there might've been a Denny's next door.

• Joy Malay and her ensemble - maid in d' USA

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

from 1970 name of the artist is "Scoop" Nisker

I have no heroes anymore

Don't know this one...looks like it might be Frank Zappa influenced...what's it sound like??

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    pretty much a sound collage with some keyboards played underneath. Fairly trippy album, I got better sound collages but none with a cover as cool as this.

I bought this record on Sunday at A*a*e*y. How come it don't google??? Is there raer in Williamsburg???

• Now you guys fucked it up, they're all on Google................................

• more power to soulstrut.

• from 1970 name of the artist is "Scoop" Nisker

I have no heroes anymore

This sounds kinda familiar. I think it's this guy: Wes 'Scoop' Nisker

Apparently he's still putting together sound collages. He's on KFOG.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    billy lamont did a nice soul tune with a latin-y edge to it on the Bang label... pretty good.

billy lamont did a nice soul tune with a latin-y edge to it on the Bang label... pretty good.

Yeah, but it's much older right? This seems to be some late career boogie move from 1982 on Glow Hill. Can't believe there's no mention of it anywhere.

• how is it? definitely looks interesting.

• Options

K in Canada.

how is it? definitely looks interesting.

I'm diggin the instr.

And here's the other one I posted electro-moder from 1984

• As always, you are blowing my mind.

• i knew kevin would post some craziness..

spliff, that winslow is kinda hot. does it have an instrumental on the flip?

i knew kevin would post some craziness..

spliff, that winslow is kinda hot. does it have an instrumental on the flip?

Nah, same mix both sides I think. It's got a very home made vibe to the music and editing.