Americans and their teeth- how polished are yrs???

2»

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Wait....You guys dont floss? Thats fucking gross!

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Toooo deep.

I had the bad teeth and tea drinker insults levelled at me once. I have/am neither.

Gummy ain't a good look .

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Practices for maintaining pearly whites differ even within the UK.

The Scottish approach is best illustrated by my Grandad, who, when informed at the age of 32 he'd have to have a tooth removed, told the dentist to remove them all to save time in the future.

• so where does this american view come from that all english have bad teeth??

is it from watching films or tv shows depicting victorian times or earlier,cos i really don`t see where it comes from..

oh well most americans think england is surrounded by a constant fog too.

bad teeth is a personal thing..

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    so where does this american view come from that all english have bad teeth??

I got it from hanging around Badly Drawn Boy and company.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Sparkling white teeth does not necessarily mean health teeth.

Ultimately, getting those teeth whitened and polished etc is a vanity thing, rather than a health thing.

yeah, i think we can all agree that having one's oral hygiene together is important. I think what was being addressed in the first place was the vanity aspect of pursuing blinding white teeth regardless of how you actually treat them.

how is asking why some americans are obsessing about having superhero teeth "anti-american"???

does me asking British dudes why a lot of British people have busted teeth make me "anti-English?"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Whay are teeth SO important in the American psyche???

Good dental hygeine is instilled in our culture from an early age now, along with the food pyramid, healthy living, physical fitness, etc. Teeth are a big deal in America, culturally, and probably also because there so many orthodonists, endodonists, cosmetic surgeons, anesthesiologists, and dentists that need to stay paid.

Dental products and services are probably a multibillion dollar industry. As "The Donald" would say...

"THAT'S BIG BUSINESS"

I have bad teeth but they appear to be okay for the moment. Over the years I have spent thousands cleaning, fixing, and keeping my grill intact. Genetically I know I'm screwed and will probably need teeth implants/caps. I'm definitely saving up for my permanent iced out grill in 2025.

Gum disease is your enemy. Brush twice a day (if not more, and especially after sweets), and floss after meals. You will thank me in the long run, whereever you live.