Camron Shot In DC!!

12346»

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    A. Anybody that lives in a big house is just ASKING to get robbed.

The above wasn't necessarily directed at you..

-e

Seeing that, I thought it was.

Are we really all in disagreement about the overall topic though? My whole view shifted away from this specific incident and into GP territory a couple pages ago.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Just to make sure I'm not thinking crazy here, I asked a dude at my work "if you walk into another neighborhood wearing a $200,000 chain...

i know birdman already said this, but to restate his point - this did not happen in some remote dc hood, it was on a major intersection on a four lane street that capitol hill hot shots drive their flashy cars down every day.

I don't think that matters so much, for all we know he could of been tailed from the club, or better yet driving a flashy car at 2 am down any street is probably far more dangerous than doing so in broad daylight.

For all you dudes claiming racism I think you need to check yourself. No one outside of you guys brought up race cause it wasn't a component of this discussion til you guys threw it on the table. This was a case of a guy who bragged beyond bragging getting got for his riches. Flashing your money is a stupid move plain and simple. You guys telling me that when you got large amounts of cash on you you floss it as opposed to keeping it in your wallet or pocket?

you want that kind of attention soon enough your going to get the wrong kind of person giving you that attention.

OK now continue on with your "why white people that aren't you are so racist" rants

Adam, I will assume that that last line is your personal shot at Faux.

I think both Noz and I are directing our posts at the idea that seems to have crept up that DC Streets are "hood" just because they are in DC. This coulda happened to Cam (and does happen to people) anywhere. People get carjacked for a Hundai, no one goin' off about how dude was stupid...why is a Lambo so crazy? How about a trcked-out Hummer? Is that flossing stupid? And even if it's stupid, so what? People on this board(and all over) love the Rap personas and big baller rhymes but then get mad and judgemental when people actively participate in the lifestyle they rap about and enjoy/flaunt their money. It's showbiz and then some.

I guess I just don't get why you are taking people's disagreeing with you so personally.

• A. Anybody that lives in a big house is just ASKING to get robbed.

-e

Are we really all in disagreement about the overall topic though? My whole view shifted away from this specific incident and into GP territory a couple pages ago.

I'm just trying to figure out the best way not to get robbed. I don't wear chains but who was it that said they don't wear their best gear to the hood? That's what I'm worried about. I like to floss - right now I'm wearing a new coat, a lavender Dior shirt, some new Nikes (brown leather Bo Jacksons)... I might get a collection call today. Do I need to go home and change?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I guess I just don't get why you are taking people's disagreeing with you so personally.

I'm not taking it personally at all, I'm just kinda surprised how this thread jumped the shark and turned into a race issue.

I think it says a lot about certain people here who can't help but see life only in black and white

• It'd be a trip if one of these days somebody got shot in the abdomen and had to walk around with a colostomy bag. I mean, for a high-profile rapper who's image is everything, that'd probably be worse than dying.

cam has already rapped about his costolomy bag (over a journey sample, no less) from when he had some kind of illness during the years between S.D.E. and Come Home With Me

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    A. Anybody that lives in a big house is just ASKING to get robbed.

-e

I'm just trying to figure out the best way not to get robbed. I don't wear chains but who was it that said they don't wear their best gear to the hood? That's what I'm worried about. I like to floss - right now I'm wearing a new coat, a lavender Dior shirt, some new Nikes (brown leather Bo Jacksons)... I might get a collection call today. Do I need to go home and change?

I don't know about "run that Dior shirt" and all that, but as long you're rocking clean underwear, I'd say you're straight.

It wasn't me who said anything about changing clothes. My whole point is about using some common sense and tucking your shit in your collar if you're solo, unarmed and out of your area. It's not rocket science and it's not on some pussy shit. It's real talk. And those that want to act like I'm tripping have probably never been in a situation that required them to do it.

I'm not talking about going to Target here. Every situation is different and you judge it as it comes.

Is this really that hard for folks to grasp?

• "I got shot three times and my album comes out Nov. 22," Giles said as he left Howard University Hospital yesterday afternoon with an entourage of friends, fellow rappers and bodyguards. "We love Howard."

Okay, that is the dopest post-getting-shot-up quote ever.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    what about driving a 1982 blue chevy impala in the hard streets of New Hampshire?

thats how I used to roll, I used to dodge bullets like it was going out of style back in the day

• CLabCLab 76 Posts
    It'd be a trip if one of these days somebody got shot in the abdomen and had to walk around with a colostomy bag. I mean, for a high-profile rapper who's image is everything, that'd probably be worse than dying.

cam has already rapped about his costolomy bag (over a journey sample, no less) from when he had some kind of illness during the years between S.D.E. and Come Home With Me

'throwing up in public yo fuck it, it was embarrasing'

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I hate to illuminate your distance from the streets, Oliver, but cool teens back in the '80s sold crack too...

Yes, but they weren't dropping Billboard topping albums bragging about it. I mean, crack's come back pretty hard in 2005, many years after the end of the crack era, no?

It's like crack nostalgia's transformed into crack celebration, like it was no big deal that Black cities collapsed over this shit.

• People are so shocked that Cam was rollin' in a Lamborghini, y'all must not be from L.A. All I see all day is Lamborghini's, Farrai's, Porche SUV's, tricked out hummers, Bentleys, you name it. I woulda been surpeized if he wasn't in a car like this. Isn't that part of being a celeb?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    People are so shocked that Cam was rollin' in a Lamborghini, y'all must not be from L.A. All I see all day is Lamborghini's, Farrai's, Porche SUV's, tricked out hummers, Bentleys, you name it. I woulda been surpeized if he wasn't in a car like this. Isn't that part of being a celeb?

You haven't been following the thread closely enough: apparently, you're not allowed to drive expensive cars in D.C. since, by doing so, you're just asking to get jacked.

• You haven't been following the thread closely enough: apparently, you're not allowed to drive expensive cars in D.C. since, by doing so, you're just asking to get jacked.

I'll never have to worry about that.

• I hate to illuminate your distance from the streets, Oliver, but cool teens back in the '80s sold crack too...

Yes, but they weren't dropping Billboard topping albums bragging about it.

Nobody was dropping billboard topping albums

I mean, crack's come back pretty hard in 2005, many years after the end of the crack era, no?

Back like cooked crack volume II

It's like crack nostalgia's transformed into crack celebration, like it was no big deal that Black cities collapsed over this shit.

I don't think the fiends care... On the other side, systemic problems that fuel the drug trade have yet to be corrected.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    People are so shocked that Cam was rollin' in a Lamborghini, y'all must not be from L.A. All I see all day is Lamborghini's, Farrai's, Porche SUV's, tricked out hummers, Bentleys, you name it. I woulda been surpeized if he wasn't in a car like this. Isn't that part of being a celeb?

You haven't been following the thread closely enough: apparently, you're not allowed to drive expensive cars in D.C. since, by doing so, you're just asking to get jacked.

Don't quit your day job, Oliver Twist.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    This is Cam'ron's response to the shooting:
    Get Em Daddy remix featuring Hell Rell, JR Writer, and Jim Jones