Cocktail Strut

2»

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    My brother is a barman by trade and one day he made the unfortunate admission that Mojitos were one of his least favourite cocktails because it involved washing and preparing large amounts of fresh mint for the bar every day.
    Mojitos quickly became my drink of choice %-P Despite this I continue to receive them gratis.

I like the occasional Bloody Mary. Actually there aren't many cocktails I won't drink.

And tequila!

• AndreBretonAndreBreton 344 Posts
    Here's mine from tonight.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    batida de c??co:

put equal parts condensed milk, coconut milk, and cacha??a in a blender w/ lots of ice. Blend. Put some shaved coconut on top to serve if you're feeling fancy.

makes for a great aperitif pre-bbq/feijoada

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts

plus your favourite bourbon, bitters, sugar, and some orange zest. Delicious.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    i was "sampling" microbrews last night. i think i tasted somewhere between 7 and 3400. a bit of mental footage is still on the cutting room floor, but i distinctly remember a lot of entries from the Unibroue stable being damn tasty.

i feel like i drank this whole thread.

:beer: :sick:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Toronto's Queen and Beaver makes the best sidecar evar. Small detail, but extremely important is fresh lemon juice, not some gone off rotten-fruit tasting swill squeezed out two days ago that is stored in a plastic jug....or Realemon (shudder)

I am not a fan of sugary alcohol - it's just asking for a world of belligerent trouble - so I like my French 75 with the tiniest bit of simple syrup.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Tito's
    Triple sec
    Grapefruit juice
    1 lime
    Simple syrup
    Dash of bitters & scotch bonnet sauce
    Salt

• King.LeweyKing.Lewey 66 Posts
    My favorite cocktail would be a warming tin of Stella, lightly shaken after being carried loose in a tesco carrier bag with a few others. Perfect summer drink for those Brighton Beach nights, good memories with that one. Also in those days Buckfast took the edge off quite nicely while bringing on an edge of it's own.

My home town (Shoreham Beach) had this poncey bar that used to sell a Shoreham Beach Iced-Tea; a long island with red bull instead of coke, done properly with crushed ice. No sour mix though, which is used in LIITs in the US and not the UK.

I rarely drink spirits (liquor) though as I'm a lager man, so I'll be fine one minute drinking vodka and cranberry say, then all of a sudden it's WHAM, I need to go to bed NOW NOW NOW

King.Lewey said:
    tin of Stella

Also in those days Buckfast took the edge off

Sounds like you might be familiar with that classique known as The Snake Bite?

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    King.Lewey said:
    My favorite cocktail would be a warming tin of Stella, lightly shaken after being carried loose in a tesco carrier bag with a few others*.

The-gaffler said:
    King.Lewey said:
    My favorite cocktail would be a warming tin of Stella, lightly shaken after being carried loose in a tesco carrier bag with a few others*.

= Snake Bite!

:real_headz: