Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    SaborTropical said:
    BUMP

djmario said:
    MoogMan said:
    TDLT02 said:
    MoogMan said:
    What about reissuing Pedro Santos' Krishnanda?

One of the hardest one's to find I think, also according to Mr Motta, who says it hardly shows up at all....

Yeah, you're right.
    I saw a copy for US$180 when I didn't know it.
    The only other copy I saw for sale sellers was asking US$650.
    My dream id finding it for $1. ;)

Just heard that Far Out will be reissuing this next year. 2011 is going to be a great year for brazilian reissues!! (Even if it is only me that cares about them!).
    Anybody got news on this? I want this so bad, but I am not willing to spent money on the bootleg that has been on ebay a couple of times this year
    there's an official reissue out here in Brazil. I've been trying to find out if the quality is any good - it was done by Polygram, the local record press that has done a lot of reissues here recently, all of them crap apparently. Stores are selling them for R$60-80, about US$30-40.

Pedro Santos' daughter, who worked to get the reissue done, has gone out of her way to post in every website that this is the only official reissue, all others are bootlegs. I just hope it's good.

speaking of Brazilian holy grail reissues, this came out this year too:

http://brasilisgrooves.webstorelw.com.br/products/lp-di-melo-gatefold-capa-dupla-especial

• Just realized that Pedro Dos Santos is on this record I've had for ages:

Great Bossa guitar with exotic percussion elements.

Horseleech said:
    Just realized that Pedro Dos Santos is on this record I've had for ages:

Great Bossa guitar with exotic percussion elements.

pic didn't show up, but is it one of the albums he did with Sebasti??o Tapaj??s? Those are great. Sebasti??o Tapaj??s is seriously underrated IMO.

I only learned about Krishnanda this year, and when I did I went crazy trying to find more info on him. His daughter put together a discography on the blog she keeps about him, with music he composed and records he played on. Suddenly I realized he played on a bunch of records I own and tons of others that I want, and I think this is only a partial list. He even played on Rhythm of the Saints!

http://pedrosorongo.blogspot.com.br/p/discografia.html

well, now the pic showed up.

• I saw that the Di Melo LP got reissued, but I will go for an OG even if it will cost more money I than I usually spend on a record.

One of the top priorites for 2013 is downsizing my record collection and spend the earned money on this.

Quality > Quantity

• ppadilha said:

thanks for the link, great to get some more infos on him

SaborTropical said:
    ppadilha said:

thanks for the link, great to get some more infos on him

I just looked up that Conjunto Baluartes record and:

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    there's an official reissue out here in Brazil. I've been trying to find out if the quality is any good - it was done by Polygram, the local record press that has done a lot of reissues here recently, all of them crap apparently. Stores are selling them for R$60-80, about US$30-40.

Pedro Santos' daughter, who worked to get the reissue done, has gone out of her way to post in every website that this is the only official reissue, all others are bootlegs. I just hope it's good.

Actually, it was reissued by Polysom, and not Polygram.
    Some people say it was made from the master tape, but I couldn't confirm it.
    I'm still curious to know how it sounds.