Wyclef Jean bears his corny ass soul and blabs like a true blowhard

124»

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    oh, i enoyed the score. i could not stand carnival. too deep into wyclef-land.

• staxwax said:

Washington Post: Wyclef Jean's Yele Haiti Foundation under fiscal scrutiny

bw

more laughable assertions of HC's hood pass or his inside pov into ''how Haitians really feel' - take his word for it.

:Chuckles: Oh man that last pic. Lookin tight I must say. Here's some trivia answers to some questions you might not ever get asked but shit who knows: I got matching Refugee basketball jerseys and fuzzy pimp hats for each color of Ferrari F-1's I own. Yeah bitch, 7 colors in all. But thanks for posting that one. Red is my favorite. Really puts the "imp" in PIMP.

• staxwax said:
    Ill let you speak for haiti Harv - you've got the inside track there. Wyclef took money donated for relief and paid himself $100.000 for a gig in monaco, ran for president in haiti and used donations meant for earthquake victims to invest in a haitian tv station during his bid, go figure.

Nothin too true here folks. Move along. Half-truth at best. You know I love my peeps down in Haiti. Shit that's where I'm from. Get it Fugees, Refugees. Shit why is everybody always Haiti Hatin' on here. Don't you get it, my star-power got mo money donated. So yeah shit, I had to take a small cut. We all know mf's got to get paid. But trust me most of that money went to my homies in the old country. They love me down there, peep what my homie Harvey Canal had to say above. My first act as President was to rename Port-au-Prince to Part-au-Wyclef-Pimp-Nasty. Got a nice ring to it don't it. And shit how much more tourism would that bring. Shit I'm like King Solomon and shit.

• batmon said:
    Do yall party?

The Score as uneven and overrated as it was, had joints. And Carnival did as well.
    Dont front like you muthafuckas were on some strictly hardcore shit, then be talmbout DJ Shadow, Soundbombing, one tracker digger albums and the rest of the skully shit up in here.

And probably be reppin College Dropout. Its the same Bourgie Rap.

^^^^^^Yeah what this homie Batmon said. Word. Execpt even and underrated.

• batmon said:
    Do yall party?

Exactly Batmon. Don't front. But the "Bourgie" Rap part, he meant Genius Rap. Word.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Wyclef Jean said:
    staxwax said:
    Ill let you speak for haiti Harv - you've got the inside track there. Wyclef took money donated for relief and paid himself $100.000 for a gig in monaco, ran for president in haiti and used donations meant for earthquake victims to invest in a haitian tv station during his bid, go figure.

Nothin too true here folks. Move along. Half-truth at best. You know I love my peeps down in Haiti. Shit that's where I'm from. Get it Fugees, Refugees. Shit why is everybody always Haiti Hatin' on here. Don't you get it, my star-power got mo money donated. So yeah shit, I had to take a small cut. We all know mf's got to get paid. But trust me most of that money went to my homies in the old country. They love me down there, peep what my homie Harvey Canal had to say above. My first act as President was to rename Port-au-Prince to Part-au-Wyclef-Pimp-Nasty. Got a nice ring to it don't it. And shit how much more tourism would that bring. Shit I'm like King Solomon and shit.

HC Vindicated!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/12/world/americas/quake-hit-haiti-gains-little-as-wyclef-jean-charity-spends-much.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20121012&pagewanted=all

Fuck wyclef.

???If I had depended on Y??le,??? said Diaoly Estim??, whose orphanage features a wall painting of Mr. Jean and his wife, ???these kids would all be dead by now.???

Even as Y??le is besieged by angry creditors, an examination of the charity indicates that millions in donations for earthquake victims went to its own offices, salaries, consultants??? fees and travel, to Mr. Jean???s brother-in-law for projects never realized, to materials for temporary houses never built and to accountants dealing with its legal troubles.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    Y??le spent $470,440 on its own food and beverages.

:shitty:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    day said:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/12/world/americas/quake-hit-haiti-gains-little-as-wyclef-jean-charity-spends-much.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20121012&pagewanted=all

Fuck wyclef.

???If I had depended on Y??le,??? said Diaoly Estim??, whose orphanage features a wall painting of Mr. Jean and his wife, ???these kids would all be dead by now.???

Even as Y??le is besieged by angry creditors, an examination of the charity indicates that millions in donations for earthquake victims went to its own offices, salaries, consultants??? fees and travel, to Mr. Jean???s brother-in-law for projects never realized, to materials for temporary houses never built and to accountants dealing with its legal troubles.

It's fun to pick on Wyclef, and this certainly should not go unnoticed...
    But in a very quite way this is the story of many, many high profile and low profile charities. In most cases no laws have been broken.

When I hear that Bill Clinton, the Bushes or any other high profile out of work public figure has a charity I assume that they are drawing a large salary from that charity.
    Charity boards are made up of bankers, ceos and millionaire donors, often from around the country. When they get together for annual meetings (if it is a once a year type board) or regular working meetings (if it is an actual working board) they do not meet in the Detroit Airport Holiday Inn conference room, stay at the HI and eat the free continental breakfast. They meet in Vegas, Hawaii, VI and stay at a spa and charge the whole thing to the charity.
    The Red Cross, March of Dimes all the big names have top Execs collecting $$$$, with loads of perks.
    So the fair question (I'll go read that article now) is where do they fall in the scale?

• deleted...

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    batmon said:
    Do yall party?

The Score as uneven and overrated as it was, had joints. And Carnival did as well.
    Dont front like you muthafuckas were on some strictly hardcore shit, then be talmbout DJ Shadow, Soundbombing, one tracker digger albums and the rest of the skully shit up in here.

Nah son. Getting drunk at a party and dancing to some questionable shit - we've all been there.
    That does not legitimize cosigning said garbage the morning after.

• staxwax said:
    batmon said:
    Do yall party?

Nah son. Getting drunk at a party and dancing to some questionable shit - we've all been there.
    That does not legitimize cosigning said garbage the morning after.

That is part of education.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    :oh_my: