Rap You're Liking

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Bootstrap rap

• Seq_OneSeq_One 11 Posts

This beat is seriously ill.

• escoesco 7 Posts

• I'm feelin this guy out of Atlanta. D-Focis is the name.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Junior said:
    Yeah that Domo/Alchemist collab isn't bad. Like a lot of recent Alchemist production though it didn't really quite do it for me. It's not bad, just not really anything I'd want to return to. Nice to see Domo rapping well though.

Yea, same for me. I'm not really going back to it at all. All the guitar gets tiring and maybe I'd say the same thing (the other way around) if I had heard this before the Hodgy Beats, but they kinda rap the same way to me. Overall, I prefer the Hodgy Beats though.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    bassie said:
    Junior said:
    Yeah that Domo/Alchemist collab isn't bad. Like a lot of recent Alchemist production though it didn't really quite do it for me. It's not bad, just not really anything I'd want to return to. Nice to see Domo rapping well though.

Yea, same for me. I'm not really going back to it at all. All the guitar gets tiring and maybe I'd say the same thing (the other way around) if I had heard this before the Hodgy Beats, but they kinda rap the same way to me. Overall, I prefer the Hodgy Beats though.

i feel like the domo LP had some throw back ALC in there, which is fun. there was some stuff that had the old school alchemist drop, and a couple just had that "we gon make it"-era feel.

its good not great, will not be revisiting. and that russian roulette record was ???

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Late pass for me on this one, but I loves it...

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Seq_One said:

This beat is seriously ill.

Did some searching due to this and i found

Which lead me to

The Master Builder Part II along with Juicy J's Blue Dream & Lean running strong for the title of my favorite mixtape/albums this year..

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

yeah, the video is great too.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    bassie said:
    Junior said:

Yep Domo's a bit of a strange one in general. Maybe it was all the hype from Tyler before Rolling Papers got released but he's always felt like the member who was most lacking in character. He's definitely competent but I just don't find him particularly interesting on solo outings. Definitely way too much guitar as well, I was waiting for most of the beats to develop but they seemed to just sit there in what felt like an underdeveloped state.

HarveyCanal said:

YES!

I thought for sanity's sake I would withhold from sharing the love in I currently have with Future but Astronaut Status and Pluto turned him from a guy I was vaguely interested in to one of my favourite artists of the last twelve months.

Slight late pass but have to share this.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

DocMcCoy said:

Considering what's happened to every other artist signed up to MMG, it's a continuous pleasure how Gunplay seems to be going from strength to strength. I welcome the subsequent disappoint when/if the album drops with open arms.

Yes, new song by Blake & Riddlore...

http://soundcloud.com/cv-beats-1/military-mind-set

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Time Machine- not new but just dropped a new album

Junior said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Considering what's happened to every other artist signed up to MMG, it's a continuous pleasure how Gunplay seems to be going from strength to strength. I welcome the subsequent disappoint when/if the album drops with open arms.

Yeah, it's like the policy is, "let's take a bunch of decent rappers with charisma and personalities and turn them all into Rawss mini-me's." They might put Gunplay in the box, but I don't think they're gonna be able to keep the lid on.

Triple Cs were decent....

Goodness knows, I still get chills from Rollin! Just off that I really wanted to like his solo tapes, but never really got into them.
    Man, this video...there might be worse lids closing in on this guy.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

great flip at 1:58 -

pete rock was there first tho

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    For them Sayer heads...

HarveyCanal said:

I like this, it's not blowing me away but I do like it - almost feels like there should be another minute or so at the end?

bassie said:
    Triple Cs were decent....

Goodness knows, I still get chills from Rollin! Just off that I really wanted to like his solo tapes, but never really got into them.
    Man, this video...there might be worse lids closing in on this guy.

I'd totally forgotten about the Triple Cs already. I stand corrected on that one. I think Gunplay's mixtapes are generally a bit hit and miss but when he's allowed to go wild it tends to be gold.

Junior said:

I'd totally forgotten about the Triple Cs already. I stand corrected on that one. I think Gunplay's mixtapes are generally a bit hit and miss but when he's allowed to go wild it tends to be gold.

It's true, though his relatively subdued turn in Cartoons and Cereal was excellent.

Not a big fan of this guy, but really like this.

Roc Marciano & The Purist - Change

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

HarveyCanal said:

I'm well lit off Jameson and piff - this sounds good.
    It's silly but loose in a nice way.
    I wish they didn't drop the tempo after the first 20 seconds.

HarveyCanal said:

Good stuff. I'd like to hear more of this.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Xzibit-Louis XIII (feat. King-T And Tha Alkaholiks).mp3

"I started this gangsta sh*t / House shoes and a shotgun, check the pics."