Euro 2012 thread

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Should they just give Ronaldo a 'free' role in the middle of the park and get the ball to him as often as possible? Seems a waste to leave him on the wing to cross to, yeah, Postiga. Portugal did have a great chance but Varela (?) side-footed weakly straight at the keeper.

First Croatia goal was a joke. Croat headed the ball forward more like a pass than an attempt on goal, and the Irish defender just let it float past him... and into the goal.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    neil_something said:

Who are #10?

(Hint: it's Portugal)

My bad. Took the info from TalkSport (driving while match was on-R)

They took from the April12 rankings where Portugal were 5th - and now slid to 10th. That's some drop right there.

So yeah, fuck you Andu Gray for getting me a sonning from Neil.

But anyway, rooting for the Irish but they were all biff bang pow (word to SFA) and it was painful viewing.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Can we all agree that the England supporters band are awful? Their renditions of God Save the Queen and the Great Escape have been the soundtrack of national disappointment for too long now.

1000fm said:
    Duderonomy said:

My thoughts exactly.

But Paul, what would you rather them play?

Anything is better than ING-GAH-LUNND, no?

Right, so who's psyched, stoked, amped etc for tonight?

No, me neither.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    2-0 to ze Feur-encheez pas probleme, notre kid.

Srs, with the time Roy has had to take stock, anything beyond "Hoof it up to the big man" is not going to fly.

12 months down the line of course, it'll be...

...Hoof it up.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I dunno, a few jazz standards would be preferable to Rule Britannia for the millionth time. Maybe a medley of The Stereophonics hits to inspire the one Rooney.

I'm keeping the enthusiasm for the current England team to myself. It'd be serious naive to promise a vindication on here but I got a lot of faith in the Man Utd contingent etc.

The presence of Jermain Defoe and Carroll troubles me. I hope Wellbeck tramples them down the starting order like some workaholic Italian winemaker.

I was a Sturridge fan when he was at City, I hope we get him back. Although who he'd edge out to get a starting spot (which is his gripe at 'Ski) I don't know. Kun? No. Herman Munster? No. Super Mario? Not doing himself any favours, the lad. Off or on the pitch.

Ok, prediction time.

1-1
    Ox-C to score

Tasty bird shots to favour France 3-1, lithe brunette vs pasty faced peroxide-R

Who's got the pic of cute Irish girl w/shamrock cheek from last night?

Duder this is your department.

skel said:

HOLY PAKORA!

Duderonomy said:
    skel said:

OH YES INDEED
    That's the one right there.
    Big fat gypsy wedding steeze.

J i m s t e r said:
    The presence of Jermain Defoe and Carroll troubles me. I hope Wellbeck tramples them down the starting order like some workaholic Italian winemaker.

I was a Sturridge fan when he was at City, I hope we get him back. Although who he'd edge out to get a starting spot (which is his gripe at 'Ski) I don't know. Kun? No. Herman Munster? No. Super Mario? Not doing himself any favours, the lad. Off or on the pitch.

Wellbeck is starting :beerbang:

It's a start.

Can we re-classify Paraguay as Europe?

The fear and tension in that tunnel was palpable.

Only Nasri looked relaxed.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    stream link please

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    First Row Sports

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thank you kindly... nasri stepping up..good game but slightly shook england in the lockeroom

This referee must be Welsh.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    skel said:
    This referee must be Welsh.

How did Cabaye manage to stay out of the book? And how come this is the first major international tournament Philippe Mexes has played in?

Pros: decent game from Gerrard, doing what Terry was in the squad to do. Welbeck was pretty good as well, and Ox didn't look too intimidated by the occasion. Overall, they weren't any worse than they've been for the last umpteen tournaments.

Cons: There was a notable lack of a defender with the composure and ability to actually play the ball out of defence instead of just scrambling about in search of a space in which to aimlessly whack it. At one point, you got the impression that Hodgson was going to wait until France got a second before he attempted a change of tactics.

I was pleasantly surprised by France. A world away from the self-destructive shambles of the last WC.

Goddamn Shevchenko, didn't know he still had it in him. Class - permanent etc.

Who knew Voronin was still alive, let alone playing internationals?

Shevchemo must be about 45.

Oleg Blohkin in contention for the next game.