Cravo & Canela - Preco De Cada Um RE

Comments

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    djmario said:
    skel said:
    Mario, the world is ready for Santa Y Su Gente 'Urgente'

Especially as you have been unable to successfully man up and source me an original.

Haha, I guess you're still after this then? I haven't even had a sniff of an OG, only a Japanese CD reissue (whose legitimacy in terms of licensing seems dubious....)

Now that is one I DON'T want to see reissued!!!
    This is one of my top S. American records that only a handful of people have copies of (only appeared on the bay once a few years ago and sold for $800, purchased by a friend of mine who had heard my copy). I managed to find my copy back in the late 90s in France of all places, mint condition as well...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    TDLT02 said:
    djmario said:
    skel said:

Especially as you have been unable to successfully man up and source me an original.

Haha, I guess you're still after this then? I haven't even had a sniff of an OG, only a Japanese CD reissue (whose legitimacy in terms of licensing seems dubious....)

This is one of my top S. American records that only a handful of people have copies of (only appeared on the bay once a few years ago and sold for $800, purchased by a friend of mine who had heard my copy). I managed to find my copy back in the late 90s in France of all places, mint condition as well...

Adrian had it on the bay a year ago at 450 quid, no takers. I couldn't stretch for it then but can now.

Anyone with a clean copy, holler.

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    skel said:
    TDLT02 said:
    djmario said:
    skel said:

Adrian had it on the bay a year ago at 450 quid, no takers. I couldn't stretch for it then but can now.

Anyone with a clean copy, holler.

That is the one and the same copy (mint) that came from the bay for $800
    I'll have a word and see if he still wants to let go of it for you..

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    MoogMan said:
    TDLT02 said:
    MoogMan said:
    What about reissuing Pedro Santos' Krishnanda?

One of the hardest one's to find I think, also according to Mr Motta, who says it hardly shows up at all....

Yeah, you're right.
    I saw a copy for US$180 when I didn't know it.
    The only other copy I saw for sale sellers was asking US$650.
    My dream id finding it for $1. ;)

Krishnanda is a beautiful record that I never get tired, and it definitely deserves a reissue. However, the Nelson Angelo e Joyce to me is a national treasure. I'd love to put money up for a proper release.

- diego

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    Skel,

Spoke to Adrian about the Santa LP, but he no longer wishes to part with it I'm afraid (come to his senses I guess regarding this album).

I'd say the chances of finding this in Brazil are very slim to be honest, though one can never say never!!!

• SPlDEY said:

The original cover is even a million times more awesome than the reissue.

• sabadabada said:
    SPlDEY said:

I never understood why they changed the cover for this, especially 'cos Joyce looks so stoner cute on the cover (and more so on the poster).

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    sabadabada said:
    SPlDEY said:

I never understood why they changed the cover for this, especially 'cos Joyce looks so stoner cute on the cover (and more so on the poster).

I have the original Joyce & Nelson sleeve, but do find this cover just as cool (a very soothing summer image).

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    just out of interest, can anyone guess-timate the value of

joyce- joyce (1968)
    joyce- encontro marcado (1969)

I would never part with either, but i've never ever seen them, apart from when I picked up my copies in brazil

• utters said:
    just out of interest, can anyone guess-timate the value of

joyce- joyce (1968)
    joyce- encontro marcado (1969)

I would never part with either, but i've never ever seen them, apart from when I picked up my copies in brazil

They seldom come up anymore. Apparently Joyce had a stash of Encontro Mercado some years ago, but I'm sure these are all safely ensconced at this point.

NM/VG++ prices would probably be something in the $150 - $200 range, with EM probably more sought-after.

• which is the ep of Joyce with the picture of her on the cover with the stars graphics and she looks really wasted.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    NM/VG++ prices would probably be something in the $150 - $200 range, with EM probably more sought-after.

Cosine on what Horseleech says.
    Only problem is finding a copy to buy. Can't remember
    the last time I saw a copy of them for sale.

Double post.

• sabadabada said:
    which is the ep of Joyce with the picture of her on the cover with the stars graphics and she looks really wasted.

Neither. That is a separate, and awesome, record from '71. Very much the same sound as the Nelson Angelo & Joyce record.

I recently minted up on this - one of my better buys of last year.

• Horseleech said:
    sabadabada said:
    which is the ep of Joyce with the picture of her on the cover with the stars graphics and she looks really wasted.

Neither. That is a separate, and awesome, record from '71. Very much the same sound as the Nelson Angelo & Joyce record.

What is the name of this or the catalog number so I can find it. All her records and eps are just named "Joyce" so its impossible to locate which is which.

• sabadabada said:
    Horseleech said:
    sabadabada said:

What is the name of this or the catalog number so I can find it. All her records and eps are just named "Joyce" so its impossible to locate which is which.

Ha! this is the problem with so many Brazilian artists.

This is the copy I bought, all the info is in the listing - of course it's just called 'Joyce':

http://www.collectorsfrenzy.com/Details.aspx?id=140326098690

• thanks. you got a good price.

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    Even better price on this one, somebody done well...

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=320585238108

I need to dig out the Philips LPs and the compacto single (all mint condition) to give them a listen, not played them for a long time. Might even be persuaded to part with them if I feel I could live without them!!!

• TDLT02 said:

They overpaid for the crappy boot...

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    TDLT02 said:

They overpaid for the crappy boot...

Correct.....hahaha
    Should have looked at the photo more closely, makes sense now why the price was not high.

• TDLT02 said:

I need to dig out the Philips LPs and the compacto single (all mint condition) to give them a listen, not played them for a long time. Might even be persuaded to part with them if I feel I could live without them!!!

Ooof, i'd be mad at that had I paid that much for the bootleg. The second press set me back less!

I remember that Joyce EP being bootlegged too, I think it was put onto an LP called the rare tracks or something, would be nice to see it reissued, but suggesting it to Mr Bongo would very much be a "been there, done that" scenario.

• MoogMan said:
    TDLT02 said:
    MoogMan said:

One of the hardest one's to find I think, also according to Mr Motta, who says it hardly shows up at all....

Yeah, you're right.

Just heard that Far Out will be reissuing this next year. 2011 is going to be a great year for brazilian reissues!! (Even if it is only me that cares about them!).

• This is now shipping, grab it here.

• djmario said:
    MoogMan said:
    TDLT02 said:
    MoogMan said:

Yeah, you're right.

Just heard that Far Out will be reissuing this next year. 2011 is going to be a great year for brazilian reissues!! (Even if it is only me that cares about them!).

I found this on Ebay the other day and emailed the seller to ask who the reissue label was. He replied saying he had been asked many times but that he had no idea... which seemed a little strange. So I did some more investigating and found this.. I'm guessing these are not official? The source seems to be a fledgling label from Barcelona run by this guy. Where did you hear about the Far Out reissue news. I've emailed them for confirmation but they are yet to respond.

• 100% bootleg. The seller of that copy on ebay is a DJ I know in London, he's kind of an arse actually; he once had me trek down there to sell him a few records only to flip some "I didn't ask for these" bullshit when I arrived and left me with next to nothing, but anyway, I digress. He knows it's a bootleg as well.

I found out about the Far Out issue from the horses mouth, and have already informed them about this. Please do NOT buy this - the official version will be cheaper & better quality! (??100 for a fucking boot? GTFOOHWTBS!).

• djmario said:
    100% bootleg. The seller of that copy on ebay is a DJ I know in London, he's kind of an arse actually; he once had me trek down there to sell him a few records only to flip some "I didn't ask for these" bullshit when I arrived and left me with next to nothing, but anyway, I digress. He knows it's a bootleg as well.

I found out about the Far Out issue from the horses mouth, and have already informed them about this. Please do NOT buy this - the official version will be cheaper & better quality! (??100 for a fucking boot? GTFOOHWTBS!).

Ugh, sorry to see this, it's getting to be a real drag.

While this is a great time for quality reissues of all sorts, all the action has pulled in some lowlifes who have no regard for quality and no inclination to do the right thing. And then to charge this kind of $$$ when you put no effort or money into it?

Frank and I licensed the Simigwa record only to see some A-holes in France do a shitty boot. We're still doing it (top-quality, natch), but it's a pain in the ass calling people and asking them not to stock/sell this.

I understand this has been part of the game ever since the game began, but to undercut somebody who is in the process of doing things properly is kind of a new low.

• djmario said:
    TDLT02 said:

Ooof, i'd be mad at that had I paid that much for the bootleg. The second press set me back less!

I remember that Joyce EP being bootlegged too, I think it was put onto an LP called the rare tracks or
    something, would be nice to see it reissued, but suggesting it to Mr Bongo would very much be a "been there, done that" scenario.

Eeeeeeeyowwww. I'm pretty new to this forum. But I purchased that record about 5-6 years ago. It looked like a bootleg but I was never completely sure. How can you tell? Also got a quarteto novo that looks suspect. White label green star. I got a feeling I don't want to know how much of my collection is boots or second pressings. And the condition of some of them... Oooffff. anyone mind enlightening me?

• Funky_TeeFunky_Tee 14 Posts
    I just got the opportunity to buy a mint orginal copy of Cravo e Canela LP. Do you guys think that 500 bucks is an ok price for it?

Thanks for your help!

Last Tuesday I saw an OG copy for sale at a record fair for US$600, so that's a good price
    if it's in great shape.

Peace

Funky_Tee said:
    I just got the opportunity to buy a mint orginal copy of Cravo e Canela LP. Do you guys think that 500 bucks is an ok price for it?

Thanks for your help!

• BUMP

djmario said:
    MoogMan said:
    TDLT02 said:
    MoogMan said:

Yeah, you're right.

Anybody got news on this? I want this so bad, but I am not willing to spent money on the bootleg that has been on ebay a couple of times this year

By the way I love the Cravo & Canela Lp