Instagram Ads. Out of control.

JimsterJimster Unshazzamable saudade chord vehicle 6,032 Posts
Srs doe, I used to report all sponsored posts and never got ads foisted upon me after that.  But last week they have just gone nuts.

I mean, I know it's free and popular so people are going to try and make a buck off it, but I am about done with it as a result of this.

Can we all just come back to the Strut as our #1 shit talking socialway?

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,428 Posts
    Damn, you're right. It's pretty bad now. I haven't been using it as much lately but it's like every 5th post or so is an ad.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,724 Posts
    It's really hard for me to get invested in Instagram nowadayz. While the ads are a small part of it. The fucking algorithm really pisses me off... I really dislike when I'm checking out your guys pics and seeing shit from 6 days ago (But not seeing the 10 newer posts, until like 6 days later!)... Just give me back chronological order please!

A few weeks ago a good friend of mine was in town and I see a post on Instagram and think wicked, let me hit him up. Turns out the post was from 5 days ago and he's gone. Fuck you Instagram.

That all said, I do enjoy you fools posts. So, it brings me back.

Side note.

Fuck clowns that add me, so I check them out and follow back and then they unfollow me to keep their ratio low. 10,000 followers and only 50 follows. I now block these fools.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,428 Posts
    I was really disappointed when Instagram changed the feed from showing as a timeline of when things were posted. Now it shows you what it thinks is popular. Facebook does the same thing and it's equally annoying. At least Facebook gives you the option of changing the feed back to Most Recent from Top Stories.
    DOR

• kicks79kicks79 1,279 Posts
    Totally agree chronological order was the ish.
    The algorithm feed is stupid as hell. How is a computer going to tell me what I want to see first?
    The ads just make me stop using it as much. I feel violated and it just makes me log out. IG stories seems dumb to me as well.
    There are still cool record posts so I'll keep using it. 
    FB feed is annoying as well. I have to keep changing it to recent posts multiple times a day, but yeah at least they give you the option.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,431 Posts
    YouTube is getting REAL bad too.  
    nzshadow

• Screen-shot or clip the ads and use the content in your own agitation propaganda. Take their own fire hose and make them drink out of it 'till drowning occurs.
    ketanDOR

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 2,146 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,724 Posts
    Screen-shot or clip the ads and use the content in your own agitation propaganda. Take their own fire hose and make them drink out of it 'till drowning occurs.
    Muthafuckin' Rey... He playin' chess, while all us other fools playing checkers.

• JimsterJimster Unshazzamable saudade chord vehicle 6,032 Posts
    Mandems will long for the forums. 

Feeds are coming like a parade of spam folder escapees.

• kalakala 3,334 Posts
    That and the whole "LOOK AT ME I GIT COLLECTABLES" thing is douched 

• Sometimes I want to communicate without sharing a photo or video I took on my phone and without limiting my character count. I believe one day there will be a platform that can accommodate this. Unfortunately that day was in like 1996 and now everything has to be owned and monetized by either google or facebook. I'd much rather ad money came to some schmoe running a small website or whatever
    DuderonomyScuba Steve

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 510 Posts
    if you're using a computer to access instagram try ublock origin for your browser.

Smfh