new years with the yanks [rep your city-r]

vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
after all of our respective family's christmas celebrations, my girlfriend and i have about a week with no obligations, no plans and alot of airmiles. neither of us have been chicago for anything other than business, so we were thinking about there.... but we also had, philly, NY and bahston on the table as possiblities.

you know the drill. art/music/fashion/food/drunk.

what are y'all doing? what party are you hosting or attending? quite literally..... WHAT'S GOOD?

Comments

• yeah, i deserve that.

whatever.

just tryna get my amurrica on

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Not sure if you mean the new year like 2012 or NYE. I am usually a stick in the mud on New Year's Eve, crushed by the elevated expectations and end up taking it relatively easy. That said, if you are coming to Chicago, holler and I can surely try to be as welcoming as possible.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    J***! What's good, my man! I haven't been hanging out with the hommie Discretionary Income much lately, but I could totally convince him to come out and get some drinks should you make it NYC way. I wouldn't recommend the whole Times Square thing for the ball drop, though. It's a shitshow at the best of times, and on New Years, it's even showier and shittier.

Holleur!

• that's what im sayin though.... tryna avoid the traps.... but not tryna end up in mil-fuckin-uaukee. considering distance is negligible, and it would be less about midnight and more about putting in city time, i was more lookin' out for special gallery showings, limited run engagements, special events or concerts or parties [attended or hosted by strutteurs]..... that kinda thing.

i know that not ayebodys got the ball til you fall mentality after shelling out on gifts for the fam n em, but fuck it.. you know?

• There's the Dig Deeper New Year w/ Lee Fields and Sugar Pie DeSanto at the Bell House in Brooklyn.

Info: http://www.thebellhouseny.com/