Whole Foods Parking Lot

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    me I'm bringing back "dorkus"

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I've been calling people twerps like crazy these days.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    What about "doofus" or "goofus?"

b/w

Goofus & Gallant need to make a comeback.

• YemskyYemsky 709 Posts
    Moved from the Westside to London, UK five years ago. This has been on heavy rotation for a few days with my LA homies.
    Funnily enough YouTube suggested another video right after which I can relate to as I used to live in DC:

Arlington: The Rap

Herm said:

Goofus & Gallant need to make a comeback.

I agree.

My homie Matt is a big fan and always references these dudes on some "dude over there acting like Goofus," Gallant would do it like this...

Highlights Magazine >>> the Source

rootlesscosmo said:

Yes, but View From Da Unda' Ground >>> The Timbertoes.

I took my graffiti name from one of the characters in that Source comic strip (Uneek).

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Goofus is gangsta!

Gallant is a liberal wienie.

Goofus and Gallant would make a good SNL skit. They should do it when Jon Hamm is hosting and have him play both characters.

Goofus is management material.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    AH FUCK!

I got home and finally watched this.. IT IS NOT A PARODY OF "HEAVY METAL PARKING LOT"

That's what I wanted to see; people talking about how excited they were to go in and buy unique bars of soap and millet.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yall could make the video. Be the change you want in Short Pump, P St NW, or wherever your Whole Foods be at!

Goofus pisses off his staff and they quit.
    Gallant does as his staff instructs.

• rootlesscosmo said:

I used to get real heated at Highlights magazine when I was a kid. They had that silhouette band of kids on the front cover standing together except for that one girl airborne from her jump. The fuck you think you better than everyone else?

herbacios tweed said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

I used to get real heated at Highlights magazine when I was a kid. They had that silhouette band of kids on the front cover standing together except for that one girl airborne from her jump. The fuck you think you better than everyone else?

just like the source don't believe the silhouettes cause they pay for them thangs.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    I just got home and my girl's like, "I love this! It's so real!"

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    We buy some of our weekly groceries at whole foods, but mist of the time my wife goes in and I stay in the car because she knows I will probably end up punching someone in there...something about the correlation between uppity organic food and the rude ass, holier than thou customers. When I do decide to go in with here, there is always some dude that looks like the guidance counselor on "freaks and geeks" that reaches in front of me or some other demonstration of a complete lack of social skills that gets me biting my tongue so I don't embarass my wife (or gets me arrested)

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    something about the correlation between uppity organic food and the rude ass, holier than thou customers... complete lack of social skills

yes, especially here at the P [street].

you twits can chat outside when you are done shopping, not while standing and blocking the produce section.

I am glad that Portland has alternatives to Whole Foods.
    I am not even sure why they bother to compete in this market.

Any Portland folks shop at Whole Foods?

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    mad chicks of all flavorz in the whole foods in union square in ny. a diff grade than what i encountered in austin many years back when it was attached to book people. (dreadlocked blondes with tats, face piercings and armpit hair)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    edith head said:

I called someone on the Board a twerp a few months ago...and now I can't remember who it was.
    I guess that makes sense.

I hate irony.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    empanadamn said:
    mad chicks of all flavorz in the whole foods in union square in ny. a diff grade than what i encountered in austin many years back when it was attached to book people. (dreadlocked blondes with tats, face piercings and armpit hair)

Yeah Trader Joes is more crunchier.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    bassie said:
    edith head said:

I called someone on the Board a twerp a few months ago...and now I can't remember who it was.
    I guess that makes sense.

Dr. Wu? Just a random guess

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i just find it comedy that a chain store like this even exists. don't even need a parody rap.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    We buy some of our weekly groceries at whole foods, but mist of the time my wife goes in and I stay in the car because she knows I will probably end up punching someone in there...something about the correlation between uppity organic food and the rude ass, holier than thou customers. When I do decide to go in with here, there is always some dude that looks like the guidance counselor on "freaks and geeks" that reaches in front of me or some other demonstration of a complete lack of social skills that gets me biting my tongue so I don't embarass my wife (or gets me arrested)

LOL

The first time I was ever in a Whole Foods was the one down on Lower Greenville in the early 90's.

I was floored that many of the customers looked unhealthy, the complete opposite of what I expected.

Then it dawned on me that people probably didn't start to eat "healthy" until they were diagnosed with a deadly disease.

people who don't eat meat oftentimes look unhealthy.

*ducks and runs*

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

*ducks and runs*

Euphemism for gas and diarrhea?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    people who don't eat meat oftentimes look unhealthy.

*ducks and runs*