Taking Raers to Half-Price

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Has anyone ever taken a stack of heatrocks to HPB, just for shits?? I've always wanted to see what they'd appraise my stack of SALT 45s for, but I've never actually gone through with it.

I know I would be too paranoid thinking one of the clerks would pull gank moves while I'm browsing the Sci-Fi paperbacks.

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Seems like the risk of losing your valuable vinyl treasures would far outweigh any LULZ you'd get. But then again, LULZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!111!!!!!oneoneone

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    There is a legendary local story about a guy who did this to a local record store with your solid crust stuff (Beatles, Stones rarities etc). The buyer offered him peanuts, as he packed the records back up & said he would try elsewhere the buyer countered with two considerably higher offers. When he declined again the buyer met him in the carpark & deperately tried again with a story about how he actually wanted to buy them (for even more) for his own collection.

• soundsrealsoundsreal 128 Posts
    DOne it for LOLz, some stuff I was selling anyways at the time, and the clerk did indeed try to sneak one under the desk. More than one in fact. Then he tells me that the store's already got everything in there and he's not interested, so I'm like what about the ones you just put down by your feet there? He gave em back, but not worth the LOLZ. Not recommended.

• soundsrealsoundsreal 128 Posts
    Double Post.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Talk about a complete waste of time.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Always cracks me up to see people having to wait an hour to find out that their 6 boxes of hardcover books are only worth $2 in store credit.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Always cracks me up to see people having to wait an hour to find out that their 6 boxes of hardcover books are only worth $2 in store credit.

You're HPB offers credit? All the ones I've been to only offer cash (or, more accurately, change).
    And they make you stay in the store.
    Makes me wonder how they get anything with their shitty offers.