Options

Lights Out - FX Boxing Series

edited February 2011 in Strut Central
Anyone else enjoying this? I'm very much into it so far.

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    It took a couple of episodes to get going, but I'll stick with it through the season. Plus it gets points for having Reg Cathey and Nick Sobotka I mean Pablo Schreiber in the cast.

• Options
    dollar_bin said:
    It took a couple of episodes to get going, but I'll stick with it through the season. Plus it gets points for having Reg Cathey and Nick Sobotka I mean Pablo Schreiber in the cast.

I agree about the pace. The last two episodes have really picked up the pace.

Stacy Keach's contribution has been a treat, as usual with him.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    The first episode was the pilot and I thought it was a bit messy. For the actual series, an ex employee of mine was hired as the music supervisor and he used a couple of other ex employees on the theme music. If it hadn't been edited with a pick axe, you'd be able to hear some Antibalas horns on there.

Nice... right Kala? We have graduated from mopping piss. Well, some of us have.

• I've been wary about checking this as I heard the viewing figures weren't too hot and I didn't want to go through the frustration of liking something only to see it get the axe..

• Options
    badder_than_evil said:
    I've been wary about checking this as I heard the viewing figures weren't too hot and I didn't want to go through the frustration of liking something only to see it get the axe..

Supposedly 13 episodes are in the can and will be aired for sure, so don't be afraid.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    The first episode was the pilot and I thought it was a bit messy.

I admired the pilot more than I enjoyed it. Saving the reveal of what Lights had done until the end was interesting, but it failed to hook me on characters, particularly the main character. And it saved too much of the dramatic impact for the last few minutes. I was reminded of the Mad Men pilot in which Don's suburban wife and kids were only revealed in the last scene, although that pilot would have been great even without that scene. The family up in Ossining was merely the cherry on the sundae.