I know we've already discussed this......

2»

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Herm said:
    batmon said:
    Herm said:
    djkingotto said:
    i'd say it'll be around a couple more years. the early 90s are just getting popular for the first time since the early 90s.

My 10 year old niece said she wants me to airbrush a denim jacket (with her name) for Christmas. Literally 2 days later, an old employee of mine - totally unrelated to my family - asked me if I would airbrush a denim jacket "90's style" for her 12 year old son. I am not mad at the return of this trend.

Airbrushing is 90's, but painting the rear of a Lee/Levis Jacket is 80's.
    It was actually quite elaborate way before the airbush came into vogue.

Yes, I know that. That is why I said

airbrush a denim jacket "90's style"

And not

Rusto and paint pen a denim jacket "80's style."

I've never NOT wanted a pieced-up denim jacket as an adult.

B/W

Never was big on the airbrush shit as my fashion had kind of moved past that once the 90s came around. But, in Philly there was a really hot trend with airbrushed denim jackets with the images of cities on them ("Chicago" or "Atlantic City") and there would also me mad rhinestones. I always though that was a regional thing as I never would see that when I came to NY.

• Cosmo said:

I've never NOT wanted a pieced-up denim jacket as an adult.

B/W

Never was big on the airbrush shit as my fashion had kind of moved past that once the 90s came around. But, in Philly there was a really hot trend with airbrushed denim jackets with the images of cities on them ("Chicago" or "Atlantic City") and there would also me mad rhinestones. I always though that was a regional thing as I never would see that when I came to NY.

I was bedazzling my airbrushed jackets before I even knew what bedazzling was! I'd have to push the little metal rhinestone holders into the denim then tear up my fingers pushing the tabs/clasps in on the underside of jacket.

• Basically, Michael Bivins was my fashion idol. Actually, he still is.

• HarveyCanal said:
    He carries a Gameboy around as a matter of style?

What a c*nt