Brazilian spoken word

BernedoBernedo 70 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
Does anyone know any brazilian spoken word albums? 60s to 80s would be better. Would like to buy some to work it out in homemade podcasts. Thanks guys.

Comments

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Are you looking specifically for something?
    I know some records with people reading poems and
    other with instructions for Yoga and gymnastics.

Peace

• MoogMan said:
    Are you looking specifically for something?
    I know some records with people reading poems and
    other with instructions for Yoga and gymnastics.

Peace

Yeah, anything else. You can post whatever you know. Thank you.

I tried to find the covers online but found none, because I don't know their names.
    Anyway, I found one of them (poems) for download:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/242816242/CarlosDrummond-InterpretadoPorLimaDuarteERoberto_Correa1987_.rar 

I found it here (site in Portuguese):

Peace

Bernedo said:
    Yeah, anything else. You can post whatever you know. Thank you.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    brigadao e**on

• You're pure gold man. Thank you very much.

Bernedo said:
    You're pure gold man. Thank you very much.

You're welcome.

If you want, I can buy some of these records for you whenever I find them.
    I'm in Brazil, so shipping costs are a bit high, though.

Peace

• MoogMan said:
    Bernedo said:
    You're pure gold man. Thank you very much.

You're welcome.

If you want, I can buy some of these records for you whenever I find them.
    I'm in Brazil, so shipping costs are a bit high, though.

Peace

Really? If you got a Discogs or ebay account send it to me, I would be interested

Bernedo said:
    Really? If you got a Discogs or ebay account send it to me, I would be interested

I don't have accounts on ebay or discogs.
    What I can do is buy the ones I find, wait till I have a few records
    to send all at once to save you some money on shipping costs.
    I don't think they are expensive, but I can't say for sure because I
    never pay attention to them.

Peace

• There's one record you might dig, I think it's called brazil by music or something. It has spoken word on it in the style of a flight attendant on a PA announcing flights. it's in English though so it might not be exactly what you're looking for. I'll try and dig out a link for you if you want.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    would love to hear this as well mario
    thx

pcmr said:
    would love to hear this as well mario
    thx

Uploading it right now.
    Will post as soon as the loading ends.

Peace

• djmario said:
    There's one record you might dig, I think it's called brazil by music or something. It has spoken word on it in the style of a flight attendant on a PA announcing flights. it's in English though so it might not be exactly what you're looking for. I'll try and dig out a link for you if you want.

That's the one Madlib used prominently on his Brazil mix, right?

The Brasilia song (B5) credited as unknown, actually
    it's the intro of Os Mutantes' "Portugal de navio" song, from
    their LP Jardim eletrico (1971).

Check it here:

Did you guys check this sh!t?

Peace

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    edson killing shit son
    thanks for the tracks and info

• djmario said:
    There's one record you might dig, I think it's called brazil by music or something. It has spoken word on it in the style of a flight attendant on a PA announcing flights. it's in English though so it might not be exactly what you're looking for. I'll try and dig out a link for you if you want.

Not exactly? When I opened that topic, was because this 'Flight to Brazil' comp by Madlib contained one of the best audio samples I've heard in a while! Always dreamed to know where are them from. Madlib is always up from me and now you too. This forum is ace.

Thank you SO MUCH man!

• djmario said:

Oh, and do you have the title of that album?

Bernedo said:
    Oh, and do you have the title of that album?

I think he's refering to the album I posted above - Brasil by music.
    If I'm not wrong there are other two albums with the same name,
    offered by Cruzeiro airlines to their customers.

• Yeah, it's the album posted above (Brazil By Music - Fly Cruzeiro). The one MoogMan posted has the vocal samples Madlib used on Flight To Brazil.

• Well, as I can see there are well informed people in this topic. I was lucky when listenting to Madlib's 'Flight to Brazil', and I recognized many of the tracks and didn't take me too much time to ID the others, because I'm into brazilian music for much time. But...there's a headache I've now...it's a track which he included in another comp, 'Speto da Rua'...no idea of who performs it. Tune is a version of Milton Nascimento's 'Noticias do Brasil' (1981), but no idea of who is the artist of this instrumental cover:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/602825424684a583/

Have you got any idea? Checked many versions of the tune but none of them was I' searchin' for. Thank you!

Bernedo said:
    Well, as I can see there are well informed people in this topic. I was lucky when listenting to Madlib's 'Flight to Brazil', and I recognized many of the tracks and didn't take me too much time to ID the others, because I'm into brazilian music for much time. But...there's a headache I've now...it's a track which he included in another comp, 'Speto da Rua'...no idea of who performs it. Tune is a version of Milton Nascimento's 'Noticias do Brasil' (1981), but no idea of who is the artist of this instrumental cover:

Have you got any idea? Checked many versions of the tune but none of them was I' searchin' for. Thank you!

Judging by how it sounds it may be "Quinteto Violado", but I'm not sure cos'
    I never heard it before. Will check and confirm it later.

• MoogMan said:
    Bernedo said:
    Well, as I can see there are well informed people in this topic. I was lucky when listenting to Madlib's 'Flight to Brazil', and I recognized many of the tracks and didn't take me too much time to ID the others, because I'm into brazilian music for much time. But...there's a headache I've now...it's a track which he included in another comp, 'Speto da Rua'...no idea of who performs it. Tune is a version of Milton Nascimento's 'Noticias do Brasil' (1981), but no idea of who is the artist of this instrumental cover:

Judging by how it sounds it may be "Quinteto Violado", but I'm not sure cos'
    I never heard it before. Will check and confirm it later.

It's not for sure. Well, I say for sure because I've checked the album version and it's not. If it's a version of theirs, should be a live album. Quinteto's version is singed, as all versions I've listened to. This one it's instrumental.

• Bernedo said:

The number of times I've been asked what this is is ridiculous. It's Wagner Tiso's version of Noticias Do Brasil, called Os Passaros. It's on his 1985 album, also called Os Passaros. A quick google search turned up a download link here.

Bernedo said:
    It's not for sure. Well, I say for sure because I've checked the album version and it's not. If it's a version of theirs, should be a live album. Quinteto's version is singed, as all versions I've listened to. This one it's instrumental.

You're right. I just checked and it's not Quinteto's version.
    Now you got me curious to know who's playing it, too.
    If I ever find it, I'll let you know.

Peace

djmario said:
    The number of times I've been asked what this is is ridiculous. It's Wagner Tiso's version of Noticias Do Brasil, called Os Passaros. It's on his 1985 album, also called Os Passaros. A quick google search turned up a download link here.

Thanks, G.

The original name of Milton's song is Noticias do Brasil (Os passaros trazem),
    something like News from Brazil (The birds bring).
    Mystery solved!

• djmario said:
    Bernedo said:

Uoouuuh! Thank you :D