Rap related truth nuggets which have stuck with you

2»

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are some that rung true over the years:

-"Pussy ain't shit, fuck a bitch and her ego" (when I was single and frontin' on chickens).
    -"Cause when the pistol blows the one that's murdered be the cool one" (when I used to hang with knuckleheads and caught a stray bullet to the forearm).
    -"A man with a plan is precise with his life" (when I was aimless as a young adult, and had to get my shit together for my future).
    -"Stress kills destroys stress" (this tells me to put work in perspective relative to the rest of my life).
    -"When you're low down, people don't know you" (teaches me to remain humble in light of my professional success).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• One very old Common line that has popped into my head countless times over the years:

"Dues is getitn' paid, but what about the bills?"

• Speaking on Common, one that pops into my head often but I can't place it, goes something like

"It's hard being hard, it's hard for me to stop drinking. I guess it's hard for y'all hard n*gg*s to start thinking"

• "Mad people in the world be striving and struggling/
    Trying to eat food and keep the rights to they publishing."

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    "I keep my head, both of them where they supposed to be/
    Hoes'll get you sidetracked and clapped from close feet"

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Speaking on Common, one that pops into my head often but I can't place it, goes something like

"It's hard being hard, it's hard for me to stop drinking. I guess it's hard for y'all hard n*gg*s to start thinking"

Haha, you and I are exposing our former Common Stan-dom in this thread.

And that's from something off of "One Day It'll All Make Sense." Lemme holler at a Google:

Ah, yes. "1'2 Many...":
    Plus, it's hard to be me, its hard to stop drinkin'
    I guess it's hard for hard niggaz to start thinkin'

• on the fairer sex:

refer to:

casual's "fear itself" album

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,461 Posts
    "its like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how i keep from goin under"

"Hip hop was set out in the dark,They used to do it out in the park"

"cause bronx created hiphop queens will only get dropped"

"A menace to a microphone, a lethal weapon An assasinator, if the people ain???t stepping"

"if russia bombed the U.S, they'd be scared to touch queens"