• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    BET is so terrible.

Guru R.I.P.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    BET is so terrible.

Guru R.I.P.

• They didn't live up to the Michael Jackson tribute last year, so they had to do it again this year. Unfortunately icons like Guru who were so instrumental to inspiring a new wave of artists didn't get the just due that was deserving of his body of work. If they didn't salute Teddy Pendergrass, what do you expect. Rest well.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yes. This is terrible.

Guru RIP

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    prolly because nobody (as in no artist) proposed to pay hommage
    that's the saddest part
    it's BET after all what is to be expected from that thing in 2010 ?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    as much as i can't stand BET ...it would have been silly for an awards show to acknowledge an artist in death who would have not been invited to sit in the audience or allowed to be within 100 yards of the "red carpet" or "Diddy's wrap up-afta party jam" (sponsored by Ciroq) if he were alive.........please reserve all judgment for the BET Hip Hop Awards.....coming this fall

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    edpowers said:
    please reserve all judgment for the BET Hip Hop Awards.....coming this fall

So does that mean Primo and guest MCs doin GANGSTARR performances for a GURU tribute.

Or is it Common doing Jazzmatazz covers?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Drake and Solaar doing Jazzmatazz covers backed by "The legendary Roots"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Drake and Solaar doing Jazzmatazz covers backed by "The legendary Roots"

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Patti Labelle sang the hell out of purple rain. Wow, so on point. alicia was looking so preggo and cute. She was sounding sweet, too. Chris Brown took his career back from Trey Songz.

I expect the BET awards to be garbage but it was pretty entertaining this year.

• i think patti really nails this. check out those notes she sings starting at 2:50 of the video and her total vocal control stopping on a dime like that-check prince's expression....the janelle monae portion of the tribute was pretty awful though (total style over substance).