Westchester or Long Island?

2»

Comments

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    batmon said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    batmon said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Planning on sending the kid to public or private school, boarding school? Should have a huge imapct on your decision.

Fieldston and Riverdale.

So W.A.S.P.Y right now!

I dont know what they're like nowadays but i used to ball against bof schools and they werent that lilywhite in the 80's.

At the current $35K+ a year in a tuition, best believe they are some upper crust shit.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    sabadabada said:
    Totally agree with the bored suburban drugs and drinking problem. That, and taxes, is the strongest argument for staying in the city either Brooklyn or Queens. But I can't help but feel like if you aren't going to live in Manhattan, than you might as well get a piece of property and some local water access.

Chappaqua has also had some of the highest taxes for decades, and there isn't nearly as much water access in Westchester as I would have liked. My friend lives in Mamaroneck, though, and is a member of a beach club (not very exclusive) there that is pretty cool.

"I hear this place is restricted, Wang, so don't tell 'em you're Jewish, okay?"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    batmon said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    batmon said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Planning on sending the kid to public or private school, boarding school? Should have a huge imapct on your decision.

Fieldston and Riverdale.

So W.A.S.P.Y right now!

I dont know what they're like nowadays but i used to ball against bof schools and they werent that lilywhite in the 80's.

At the current $35K+ a year in a tuition, best believe they are some upper crust shit.

Oh no doubt.

I was just sayin that the WASPY exclusivity thang wasnt that extreme back when i played tennis at Riverdale or balled against them in the 80's.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Water access on the Hudson is ok, to be honest though, access is probably better on the Rockland side as opposed to the Westchester side.
    Either way Sab, the yacht clubs are much better on LI. Plus its the Sound and the Ocean, not a puny river.

Garcia_Vega said:
    Water access on the Hudson is ok, to be honest though, access is probably better on the Rockland side as opposed to the Westchester side.
    Either way Sab, the yacht clubs are much better on LI. Plus its the Sound and the Ocean, not a puny river.

Yeah but Pelham (NYAC), New Rochelle, Larchmont, (Larchmont YAcht Club), Mamaroneck (Harbor Island, Orienta Beach Club), Rye (Playland), Portchester. Are all on the water.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    you need to get ballerific and move to Bronxville!!!!

behemoth said:
    you need to get ballerific and move to Bronxville!!!!

Nice. Pricey, but I could swing some of what I see.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    what's the point of leaving the city for Westchester??

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    what's the point of leaving the city for Westchester??

Space, yard, trees, water, quiet, more laid back, less crime, better schools...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Less Culture

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Westchester > LI

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Muttontown or you're soft.

Rockadelic said:
    Muttontown or you're soft.

Muttontown is pretty wack.