Ever want to buy a strutter a gift?

2»

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I joined the Army right after high school because it was the only way to get out of Texas. Best decision I ever made.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i dont hate anyone. i just hate "TEXA$!!" knawmsayin? if i came down there wearing head-to-toe yankees gear, talmbout "oh we have this on new york, but its better!" "oh that reminds me of new york!" "I like the pizza in new york better" people would tell me to go back home and shut up right?

the other thing about it...texas just aint as rad as texans want it to be. it's just another place.

Being a native NY'er who moved to Texas I can assure you Pizza is better in NY than Texas....and I've never heard a Texan claim otherwise.

I can also assure you there are just as many assholes per capita in NY as there are in Texas.

Can you imagine people hating D.C. because of Marion Barry....pretty ridiculous.

this is ironic, b/c in terms of people walking around being annoying about where they come from, texans and NYers are about the same...

i think the difference is, i understand why NYers make a big deal about it... nyc is indeed the biggest city in the US...

to me, texas is just another chunk of middle america with good parts and bad parts... austin is nice and El Paso is one of the worst large cities i've ever been to...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    People wouldn't hate on Texas so hard if Texans weren't always proclaiming their greatness. Especially when its such a mediocre place. Some parts are nice, but really, its just a state.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I joined the Army right after high school because it was the only way to get out of Texas. Best decision I ever made.

We are all better off on that one.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    YEEEEEEEEHAWWWW

Yes, we proclaim it. We don't just mention it as where we're from when we're abroad and then get hit by a thousand enthusiastic questions about Texas as soon as the word is uttered.

But yeah, Texas is just a state...that contains each of the 7(?) different natural habitat classifications.

We've been down this road already, Strutters. Just put the bumper sticker on your foreheads already.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Can you imagine people hating D.C. because of Marion Barry....pretty ridiculous.
    that's not a fair comparison. barry ran dc into the ground. texas polititians ran the us into the ground, committed numerous human rights atrocities, and stole trillions from tax payers

that's not a fair comparison. barry ran dc into the ground. texas polititians ran the us into the ground, committed numerous human rights atrocities, and stole trillions from tax payers

Says a dude claiming DC.

• but the ones that rock bumper stickers like the one posted, and are 10 decibles louder than everyone at a party, plane, restaurant, comparing everything to "USA!!"

I think this is how a large portion of the planet views americans in general. No diss, just an observation.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

but the ones that rock bumper stickers like the one posted, and are 10 decibles louder than everyone at a party, plane, restaurant, comparing everything to "USA!!"

I think this is how a large portion of the planet views americans in general. No diss, just an observation.

That's 'cause 'Merica is awesome.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Says a dude claiming DC.
    Yeah...the place that voted 9-1 democrat in both bush elections. fuckouttahere, grandson! youre fighting an endless battle

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Only DC people voted for Barry....who the hell do you think voted those Texans in to Federal power....just Texans??

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    here's the thing that neither of yall get... I DON'T RIDE FOR DC LIKE THAT. infact, if you told me you were going to visit, i'd advise against it.

People wouldn't hate on Texas so hard if Texans weren't always proclaiming their greatness. Especially when its such a mediocre place. Some parts are nice, but really, its just a state.

Gary.....honestly.....I've defended Texas when I hear ignorant stereotypes, especially from people who have never been here.....and apparently this defense comes off as proclamation of greatness to some folks.

But personally I have never proclaimed the greatness of Texas, NY or any state I've lived in....because EVERY state has good and bad on every level.

But for some reason, to hate on Texas seems to be chic amongst certain folks....our boy MoeLarryAndJesus was a big proponent of Texas hate.

• covecove 1,566 Posts

But yeah, Texas is just a state...that contains each of the 7(?) different natural habitat classifications.

Texas is brutal when it comes to pollution/dangerous chemicals, etc.
    INDUSTRY!!!!

Enjoy your habitats while you can.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    it's actually not at all. but if you think youre from the center of the universe, at least be from the center of the universe.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    our boy MoeLarryAndJesus was a big proponent of Texas hate.

Sayin'. You could easily hate on Massachusetts because MLJ is from around here. But we also gave you your freedom, America.

Hate on that.

here's the thing that neither of yall get... I DON'T RIDE FOR DC LIKE THAT. infact, if you told me you were going to visit, i'd advise against it.

But dude, you missed the point...the rest of the country voted for those Texas folks you hate, not just Texas or Texans.

• Oh wow, nevermind, this thread is heated

Says a dude claiming DC.
    Yeah...the place that voted 9-1 democrat in both bush elections. fuckouttahere, grandson! youre fighting an endless battle

Yes, allow me to move there tomorrow.

And dude, you seem like a guy that is perpetually ducking a deserved ass-whooping...which was exactly the experience I garnered when I met you...and no, it had absolutely nothing to do with me nor Texas.

Point being, you'ze a punk. Obviously, you are a proud punk, which I actually respect to a certain degree...but we're dealing with extreme different strokes here.

So you take your garbage heap and think it's the niceness and I'll be over here breathing fresh air.

Perfect illustrator of what I'm talking about...YOU AIN'T A RIDER, PERIOD.

Not my steez...either fly a flag or you are nobody.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Says a dude claiming DC.

Yes, allow me to move there tomorrow.

And dude, you seem like a guy that is perpetually ducking a deserved ass-whooping...which was exactly the experience I garnered when I met you...and no, it had absolutely nothing to do with me nor Texas.

Point being, you'ze a punk. Obviously, you are a proud punk, which I actually respect to a certain degree...but we're dealing with extreme different strokes here.

So you take your garbage heap and think it's the niceness and I'll be over here breathing fresh air.
    Did you really just threaten me on the internet, harvey?? GOOD LOOK DAWHG! please come at me like that in real life. i wish you would.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    slightly related, but I do think that AZ gets kind of a bad rap.

There was no threat from me whatsoever. I told you what I witnessed had nothing to do with me. But I imagine that when you stay having people wanting to take you down, it's easy to lose track of all of them.

Plus, who came in the thread on some F*ck-what-you're-about mess?