Mad at my Bank / Credit Card

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
So now they are adding on a daily interest to my credit card so even though I paid it off in full on time I still owed on the unpaid daily balance.This is the 2nd scam they have tried to pull in 2 months. Don't get me started on Merchant Services.Peace, Dan

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    My bank (MBNA) just tried to raise my monthly payment $150 even though I haven't used my card in 6 months. When I called customer service to complain they said they had to raise the interest rate due to the bad economy. Needless to say that card has been cut up and the account closed.

I think I'm just gonna start blaming everything on the economy. Like the next time I get to work late, I'll just tell my boss that I couldn't make it on time "due to the bad economy". It seems to work for everyone else.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I think I'm just gonna start blaming everything on the economy. Like the next time I get to work late, I'll just tell my boss that I couldn't make it on time "due to the bad economy". It seems to work for everyone else.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    So now they are adding on a daily interest to my credit card so even though I paid it off in full on time I still owed on the unpaid daily balance.

This is the 2nd scam they have tried to pull in 2 months.

Don't get me started on Merchant Services.

Peace, Dan

Is your interest calculated on average daily balance or is it two cycle? If it's two cycle, as the name implies, it covers two billing periods and interest will turn up the following month after you paid it off.

That sounds like the case. If so, it's not a "scam" in that technically they told you how your interest was calculated, but it is a shitty way to calculate interest that should be on the way out in the near future. And, most people don't know what it means.