Earnie Shavers apreesh

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
dude was a monster.

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Say

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Say

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Seriously.
    I watched Shavers "beat" Ali back in the day (even if the decision didn't go his way).

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,909 Posts
    My dad met him a few years ago. He and my dad were extras in a prison drama. My dad recognised him straight away and they chatted pugilism for a good while. Needless to say he was a gentleman and a scholar. He's also taken an in-shape Ali the distance too, IIRC.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Say

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Seriously.
    I watched Shavers "beat" Ali back in the day (even if the decision didn't go his way).

Jimmy Young beat Ali too and got robbed. Bear in mind, this is coming from the #1 Muhammad Ali fan in the world, but I call 'em like I see 'em. Other highway robberies in boxing over the years:

-Rocky Lockridge losing to Wilfredo Gomez (Gomez must've thrown 100 low blows with no penalty).

-Roberto Duran losing to Marvin Hagler (and I can't stand Duran).

-Sugar Ray Leonard getting a draw in the 2nd fight with Thomas Hearns (I'm a huge Sugar Ray Leonard fan too). Hearns knocked down Leonard twice and still didn't get the win.

-Axel Schultz losing to George Foreman (Foreman's face told the story).

-Carl 'The Truth' Williams losing to Larry Holmes (Holmes looked shook during the decision announcement).

-Marco Antonio Barrera's "loss" to Erik Morals in their 1st fight (then Morales got robbed in the 2nd fight).

-Winky Wright's draw with Jermain Taylor (Wright got in that ass).

-Livingston Bramble's "loss" to Oba Carr (the judges needed glasses).

-Ray Mercer losing to Lennox Lewis (Lewis got that ass beat!).

-Lennox Lewis's draw with Evander Holyfield in the 1st fight (that was some bullshit!!!).

-Larry Holmes's two losses to Michael Spinks (especially in the 2nd fight).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Say

Yes, big punches all over the place already! Then WHAM!