ever have your scene exploited by a fetishist?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
this shit is cringeworthy:http://www.mtv.com/fivedollarcover/the "midtown memphis scene"while its funny to see people who know and see on a daily basis be awful actors...Craig Brewer's southern/african american/panty fetish is out of this world...the only african american character says shit like "Im just stayin home and making some KOANBREAD"..I thought his having his characters in Hustle and Flow enunciate like down syndrome kids was bad enough..but this shit takes the cake. Glad some peeps I know will have a small boost to their musical careers, but making the lame ass white rapper Muck Sticky (episode 2) the focal point is embarassing for Memphis IMO. Carpetbagguer extreme.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    The pitch:

"Opening shot, Female bassist rehearses in her panties..."

"Is she hot?"

"Of course. About 22, toned, collegiate artsy white chick....kind of a younger 'Gilmore Girls'-type look..."

"SOLD."

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    no shit.

*I shouldnt post stuff that would cause actual drama

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts
    Dig those sensitive close shots of the steel guitar player killing it on an imaginary Wurlitzer that sounds nothing like a steel guitar ...

what's up with the clown get up on that Harlan T. Bobo guy?
    Or is it a 'Pink Floyd' thing and that's the group?

This is almost so bad it's must-see. Beats 'The Hills'.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    god damn i want those 5 minutes back of my life.

good thing "packy" knows how to mic an acoustic bass using no microphones. SMALLEST CONTROL ROOM EVER

oh yeah, the acting. wow. was that supposed to be serious?

"I GOT MY HEADBAND AND SHORTS MAN"

"I GOT MY HEADBAND AND SHORTS MAN"

For a second I thought it was meant to be these 8 minute web episodes, and that was it. Because in 8 minutes you pretty much get the whole 'setup-conflict-resolution' in total, but then I realized it is a real MTV series.

Still, it's kind of mesmerizing in it's "Hey, let's shoot a tv series by tomorrow" vibe. That's something!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    "I got my headband, my shorts and my sticks, I'm ready to go"

That show looks like the biggest POS imaginable.

what's up with the clown get up on that Harlan T. Bobo guy?
    Or is it a 'Pink Floyd' thing and that's the group?

Harlan plays shows with different get ups all the time, he did one show with angel wings and a pully system and flew around the club...he is big into theatrics. I like Harlan, he is a real dude. Strange, but actually really strange, not "hey look at me Im weird" strange.

I think regrets doing the show and has refused to any promotion or help it in any way.

This thing was supposed to be a web only thing, but MTV thought it was the greatest thing they had ever seen, so they put it on air.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Haha @ all 3 of us talking HEADBAND AND SHORTS. So these aren't actors, just regular Memphis folks? That makes more sense...sorta.

Thes get @ me foolio!

Haha @ all 3 of us talking HEADBAND AND SHORTS. So these aren't actors, just regular Memphis folks? That makes more sense...sorta.

yeah, these arent actors, just Memphis musicians