Ray Barretto - Do You Dig It?

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Did this get a 45 release on UA?

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Yeah.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    sweet, is it tough to find? I want to get rid of a one tracker compilation LP & replace it with the 45.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    sweet, is it tough to find? I want to get rid of a one tracker compilation LP & replace it with the 45.

Oh man, you've seen that around, too?

I'm assuming we're talking about the same LP, Soul Oldies on Unart...this anthology always seems to be making the used-record-store rounds...actually it looks like a pretty good compilation (even though those two rock & roll instrumentals are wildly out of place!)...the only reason I never got that album myself is because I have just about everything else on there...yet and still, I've wondered about the Barretto myself, which I DON'T have.

Oh man, you've seen that around, too?

I'm assuming we're talking about the same LP, Soul Oldies on Unart...this anthology always seems to be making the used-record-store rounds...actually it looks like a pretty good compilation (even though those two rock & roll instrumentals are wildly out of place!)...the only reason I never got that album myself is because I have just about everything else on there...yet and still, I've wondered about the Barretto myself, which I DON'T have.
    Ha ha, yeah, that's the one. Rest of the LP is either too slow (Imperials, Garnett Mimms etc) or stuff I already have on 45 (Busters, Exciters etc) & I'm about to get ruthless with my LP collection & ditch a bunch more stuff (seriously I have about 15 Atlantic Soul compilations that seem to rehash the same 20 tracks that I need to have a comparison session with) . The Barretto is the only track I need off the Unart LP on 45 which I don't have. I'll probably make an mp3 of it until the 45 shows up.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I can understand it. Everytime I see a compilation in a store, if the track selection looks too familiar I always mentally add up how many of those songs I already have, so I won't have to "get ruthless" when weeding out the collection. Atlantic was almost as bad as Motown as far as reissuing the same songs one too many times.

motown - argh, don't get me started, the atlantic & motown comps are next to each other on the shelf & are way overdue for sorting. I like the european ones where licensing enables atlantic & motown on the same LP, now that's convenient.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    sweet, is it tough to find?
    Probably a little. I don't really see it come up in my Ray Barretto rss feed.

sweet, is it tough to find?
    Probably a little. I don't really see it come up in my Ray Barretto rss feed.