Options

Question about disco/boogie 12 on Rota Rideout

edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I guess I'm allowed one of these....how much does this go for?K.

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    $125... maybe more now.

• Options
    Yeah, I've seen on Hot Licks going for $300 lately, so I just wondered. Thanks Justin.

K.

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts
    I think the 12" is currently about $150 and the 7" is $250

• Options
    How the fuck did Rota get a hold of this non-NYcentric tune?

K.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Rota at some point opened up shop in Ca (?)... I think Justin can tell you more about this. But there were non-NY records on the label for sure.

• Options
    Street Talk - Funky Constellation
    Poverty - Master Rappers
    SOmeone SPecial - ROdeout
    Do It Rocksteady - Spyce
    CHeck ME Out - infinity
    Sweet Music - Panache
    Tint of Darkness - Flash Watcher

that's all I can roll off the top of my head.

K.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    tint of darkness was from the bay as well as lee rideout...

i think the value of the record jumps back and forth between the 12" and the 7"... i think lately the 12 has been valuing somewhat less than the 45... though like i wrote, one bumps up and the other falls... its been a great tune for some time but cats are really talking about it now due to the modern soul craze...

rota was a NY label and, though my memory is kinda bad nowadays, someone with TofD got hipped to the label with a one-off and they were the ones that led to the release of the rideout 12"... and that was it afterwards... as far as i know only those two acts were from the bay that dropped tunes for the label.

• Options
    Same "Tint of Darkness" that has the gold 45 - tune is kinda modern, too? WHy do I think we've had this conversation before?

Easy, K.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I have a "Starting Something" MJ Cover by some reggae dude that is kick ass on Rota. Repaging Soufriere!