The Gospel Of Hip Hop Kulture (book-related)

dreskieboogiedreskieboogie 951 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
I feel a lot of you people on the Strut are violating the rules of the four elements and need your ass schooled by the Teacha!Seriously, what do you all think about this?http://powerhousebooks.com/thegospelofhiphop/Peace,Dress

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I feel a lot of you people on the Strut are violating the rules of the four elements and need your ass schooled by the Teacha!

Seriously, what do you all think about this?

http://powerhousebooks.com/thegospelofhiphop/

I thought the whole "Temple of Hip Hop" thing was kind of nutty. But to each his own, and if he can make a career of it, more power to him.

As far as the book? Again... go for it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    As controversial/crazy/whatever dude is, i guarantee its makes for an entertaining read.

My days of gettin beat over the head w/ "knowledge" is over, but ill give it a check.

600 pages = NAGL. That's not Human.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    cringe

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    As controversial/crazy/whatever dude is, i guarantee its makes for an entertaining read.

I doubt it.

Dude's greatest transgression at this point is that he brings the crazy in such a boring way.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

I doubt it.

Dude's greatest transgression at this point is that he brings the crazy in such a boring way.

I heart you faux.

You have a singular wit, and such a way with the English language.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    "He explains Hip Hop down to the actual meaning and linguistic history of the words "hip" and "hop."

I've always felt that something was missing with regard to my true understanding of hip-hop. It must be because I never explored the linguistic history of the words "hip" and "hop." This will open up whole new worlds for me! Do you think Dr. Seuss gets a shout out?

b/w

I'll tell you what's NAGL, having "MC's Act Like They Don't Know" blasting when you get to the website. Love the song, but yo, I'm at work here.