Hey Brian...

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Got a show for you to come see in Texas...

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    How to choose a headliner on this...

Scarface = most likely to not show up.

Z-Ro = most likely to lipsynch his lyrics while fondling himself on stage.

Bun B = most likely to be sporting the longest fingernails in the bulding.

Bun B it is then.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    have they ever resolved how to actually get people to come to these shows during the relays? i recall in like '02/'03 seeing Bun pop out of his car back on 7th street for a show to which it was found out to not exist (police action i believe). Seems like any big show during this week always underperformed back when i was living there.

i always assumed about 95% of the target audience would rather just hang on 6th street or hit the clurb for free to get their hollerz on, as opposed to pay $20-30 for a show with dudes that might not show up.

either way, would be a killer show to go to if it actually pans out.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    have they ever resolved how to actually get people to come to these shows during the relays?

Parking lot of the Expo Center becomes an instant carshow = problem solved.

The city has been closing the main downtown exits the past few Relays weekends, plus 6th street is usually shut down for driving anyway...so 290 East becomes the main thoroughfare. Same applies to the ROT Rally.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Man, I could actually make this but I don't know about going to Austin for the first time for only a day and a half and Scarface bailing out of two shows I've gone to this year would be the ultimate