PRODIGY of MOBB DEEP writes a letter

2»

Comments

• ...anyway...who cares about this letter?
    i call bullshit!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    What do you call Lyte and Kim?

and Missy, and Foxy. That list definitely seemed mad suspect. I don't get what separates Rick Ross from 50. They're equivocal except for geography, and the fact that 50 has been doing it longer.

I would have added Spoonie G to that list. Am I misremembering, or did he leave off Tribe, De La, The Roots?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Ballerina P is a legend and he can say any damn thing he wants.

Plus the thing about the industry being run by herbs that got beat up in school is true.

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts

I don't get what separates Rick Ross from 50 Tony Yayo and Lloyd Banks[/b]. They're equivocal except for geography, and the fact that 50 has been doing it longer.

none of them would be on my top 40 list but 50 is definitely a way better rapper than ross or anyone in g-unit.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I don't get what separates Rick Ross from <strike>50</strike> Tony Yayo and Lloyd Banks[/b]. They're equivocal except for geography, and the fact that 50 has been doing it longer.

none of them would be on my top 40 list but 50 is definitely a way better rapper than ross or anyone in g-unit.

Can you give some kind of explanation? I'm not trying to be a dick, I really don't get it.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    the "blinded me with science" guy shouldn't really be bitching about shitty music.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    the "blinded me with science" guy shouldn't really be bitching about shitty music.

One of the best rap beats in the last 5 years

b/w

Thomas Dolby made great music. Check "One Of Our Submarines".

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'll get right on that.

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    you didnt like that beat? alchemist brought it with that one!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

One of the best rap beats in the last 5 years

"Party over here, ain't shit over there"

• I'm not gonna get into the validity of this list but it
    reminded me of this song which is my s**t.

Can you give some kind of explanation? I'm not trying to be a dick, I really don't get it.

i don't know man.. i'm not a fan but 50 is not a bad rapper to me and if he tries he can really rock a joint imo. i guess if u just hate dude then that's that and i'm not gonna try and make u like him but that sincerely yours mixtape is a nice example. or maybe if u listen to some of his older joints u get what i mean.

this is from 99 or so:

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

i don't know man.. i'm not a fan but 50 is not a bad rapper to me and if he tries he can really rock a joint imo. i guess if u just hate dude then that's that and i'm not gonna try and make u like him but that sincerely yours mixtape is a nice example. or maybe if u listen to some of his older joints u get what i mean.

this is from 99 or so:

I don't hate 50. I've owned a couple of his records, I currently have some of his music on my hard drive. To me though there's nothing that seperates him, or lot of the other dudes on P's list, from any-ol-rapper-in-any-ol-town. I always thought of 50 as a great businessman who's business happens to be music. He has some bangers, but they're bangers because of the beats, he doesn't add much to the music.

i'm not trying to say 50 is anywhere near jay-z but a lot of people say that businessman shit about jay and i don't like to talk to those people.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

this is from 99 or so:

I don't hate 50. I've owned a couple of his records, I currently have some of his music on my hard drive. To me though there's nothing that seperates him, or lot of the other dudes on P's list, from any-ol-rapper-in-any-ol-town. I always thought of 50 as a great businessman who's business happens to be music. He has some bangers, but they're bangers because of the beats, he doesn't add much to the music.

go listen to some fukkin degrassi rappers u cornball

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I'm surprised this 50 tangent has gone on this long. 50 wrote checks (hopefully) for Prodigy. He probably really does like him as a rapper, but 50 is/was his boss and he's being loyal. The dude has a g-unit tattoo on his arm. It's not shocking that 50 is on his list.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    15) MC Lyte
    16) Lil Kim
    17) Foxy Brown
    18) Remy Ma

No Bahamadia or Medussa? what the freak man!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    What's the opening bid for that letter ?

• Rick Ross is a dope rapper (but total fraud as a person)

Prodigy is a retard and a conspiracy nut.