Dr Manhattin

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,788 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Are you the owner of WOB? Are you, or have you ever been, Digger Phelps?Years back you posted up an essay about sampling on your site, and I wanted to get in touch with the dude that wrote it. You still have any contact info? (I get lost with usernames)

Comments

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    your on the right track...

I am posting from Manhatten right now!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Are you the owner of WOB? Are you, or have you ever been, Digger Phelps?

HE IS ME AND I AM HE

let me know exactly what page of the site you saw this essay on and i will investigate- i probably do not have contact info on this person anymore, whoever he / she may be but ya neva know. regardless, i will look into it

Phill, are schools closed in Philly today? My son was going to be off anyway.

Phill, are schools closed in Philly today? My son was going to be off anyway.

yeah, they're off

cool

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,788 Posts

HE IS ME AND I AM HE

let me know exactly what page of the site you saw this essay on and i will investigate- i probably do not have contact info on this person anymore, whoever he / she may be but ya neva know. regardless, i will look into it

Cool. This is quite a while back ('98?). The essay looked into sampling, dropped some science and kicked the new k-knowledge, bibliography included some Gates Jnr Signifying Monkey.

Thing is - I have this printed up on paper somwhere. Was reading a really lame blog about sampling from some dimwit journalist that read like "Whoa - they took bits of music from old records and I just noticed. Aren't I cool", and it reminded me of the essay from your WOB as an example of a good article on the subject, not that your site wasn't the Library of Babel anyway!

So me and some friends started up a site, we crashed the server with too many downloads, have started from scratch and the site looks a little bare, and I was thinking about getting permission to post up this essay as I had been thinking about writing a blog-post on the subject of 'authorship'.

If I dig this out it should have the dude's name... but I don't think there will be any contact info. This ringing any bells?

Cheers.

HE IS ME AND I AM HE

Cool. This is quite a while back ('98?). The essay looked into sampling, dropped some science and kicked the new k-knowledge, bibliography included some Gates Jnr Signifying Monkey.

Thing is - I have this printed up on paper somwhere. Was reading a really lame blog about sampling from some dimwit journalist that read like "Whoa - they took bits of music from old records and I just noticed. Aren't I cool", and it reminded me of the essay from your WOB as an example of a good article on the subject, not that your site wasn't the Library of Babel anyway!

So me and some friends started up a site, we crashed the server with too many downloads, have started from scratch and the site looks a little bare, and I was thinking about getting permission to post up this essay as I had been thinking about writing a blog-post on the subject of 'authorship'.

If I dig this out it should have the dude's name... but I don't think there will be any contact info. This ringing any bells?

Cheers.

this is ringing exactly zero bells... you sure this was on my site? just go to the WOB site, find the page with the essay you are referring to and send me the link to it- as much as i would like to help out i'm not gonna fish through the site myself trying to find it, if it's even there. point me to it and i'll see what i can do, hommie.

this is ringing exactly zero bells... you sure this was on my site? just go to the WOB site, find the page with the essay you are referring to and send me the link to it- as much as i would like to help out i'm not gonna fish through the site myself trying to find it, if it's even there. point me to it and i'll see what i can do, hommie.

Damn, it's not ringing any bells with your site either! For the life of me I can't think where else on the net I might have found this (looking through the links on WOB, I hope it wasn't breakzfordays - now looks like the domain has been bought to sell holiday accommodation ).

I'll also in case any heads on there know what I'm talking about.

Will check out the title and stuff when I get home and let you know, just in case you're like "Oooh, that essay".

Thanks for your help.

O-Dub?