Foot-In-Mouth

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Last week, I attempted to pay a compliment to a secretary in my office whom I hadn't seen for awhile by saying, "Hey ____, I like your hair, when did you cut it short?"She proceeded with a and responded, "My hair fell out because of my cancer treatment. I've been out of the office for several months." Anyone got a faux-pas they want to share?

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Last week, I attempted to pay a compliment to a secretary in my office whom I hadn't seen for awhile by saying, "Hey ____, I like your hair, when did you cut it short?"

She proceeded with a and responded, "My hair fell out because of my cancer treatment. I've been out of the office for several months."

Anyone got a faux-pas they want to share?

yeah but none that would top that one

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    In London, with a very old family friend about five years ago. I was seeing her for the first time in probably 8 years or so.

After sitting down at a local pub with her and another friend of mine.

Me: "So, Juliette, how are your mom and dad"
    Her: "Aaron, my mom has been dead for three years"
    Friend: "Whoa"

Nothing to do in that situation except pour beer down throat rapidly, and pray that shoe resurfaces.

• Dudes, I do this shit on the regular. As I said to a friend recently, "My wife is really bothered that this guy doesn't like her... I say fuckit, gonna make an omellette, gotta break some eggs."

He replied with, "But, Gareth, I think with your personality, you have to have that attitude."

• I suck/lick on pretty feets once in awhile.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Dudes, I do this shit on the regular. As I said to a friend recently, "My wife is really bothered that this guy doesn't like her... I say fuckit, gonna make an omellette, gotta break some eggs."

He replied with, "But, Gareth, I think with your personality, you have to have that attitude."

It's true. Gareth can be quite the dick. Wednesday night?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    A security lady was issuing me a badge. Her name tag read "M. Arreola".

I was suprisingly able to keep my mouth shut. I wonder if she married in to that name. Thats a tough sell.

"Bob, I love you, but your last name is Arreola."