Leon Ndugu Chancelor

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
holy shit!!! guy can kill it!!! listening to "Black Caucus" from Harlod Land's "Choma" LP.....the drums the drums!!!!

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Same guy from Ndugu Chocolate Co?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Same guy from Ndugu Chocolate Co?

I dont know....

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Moder Soul

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    funny you should mention Ndugu...moms went to Locke with dude and she told me how he used to always try to get her to go out with him all the time...but she had just started dated my dad....and eventhough Ndugu was cool,dad came around first and she wasn't the type to be dating two dudes at the same time... so she had to turn dude down multiple times..........

i would just like to thank Leon for being too slow with his mack game....if he were a little earlier i probably wouldn't be here today

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    and yes...dude is sick on the drums

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    No doubt, he's sick on the drums.
    He played with G.Duke...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I like his playing on this:

By the way, it seems that there was always some confusion about his last name on album covers. Sometimes he's listed as Chancler, sometimes as Chandler. Which one is correct?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    L??ON (NDUGU) CHANCLER

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    check out this harold johnson on revue. maybe ndugu's first recorded session? drums credited to Leon Chandler, but always thought that is must be Ndugu Leon Chancler given the sound, location, personnel.

love this album. not a weak track. and such nice uptempo latin tinged piano jazz.

funny that the photo that popped up was from o-dub's site. yay.