Who gave out no Christmas presents this year?

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Family doesn't celebrate Christmas, friends don't really exchange since we're all broke, and girlfriend and I are just doing dinner. Kinda digging it. Now of course I bought stuff for myself but I would have done that, Christmas or not.

Comments

• Did you leave a tip with all the money you saved?

• Yea me and the rest of my family skipped christmas this year.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Did you leave a tip with all the money you saved?
    F*ck no

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude you don't tip?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I think I made a joke post once and dude took it seriously.

• What I was more upset about is that I didn't really do any charitable work this season. I donated ONE TOY and that's about it. It bummed me out.

• I did not give, nor receive ONE gift. It feels weird, but whatever. Like Young Phonics, I wasn't in a position this year to adopt a child to buy Xmas for at the local YMCA and that really bummed me out. That has been the best part about this day for the past 3 or 4 years. Next year a kid is going get hooked up.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    F*ck christmas, I can't even remember the last time I bought a christmas present. Must have been more than 8 years ago.

• Oops, I lied. I forgot that we did a $10 max Secret Santa thing at my work a few days ago. I got a cool older lesbian chick some candles and crap and I received a $10 gift certificate to Moe's (a burrito spot).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I receive gifts from my mom and sister. I cop them gift cards. Its a wrap.

My co-workers give me stuff.

Today I make a Tangerine Glazed Ham,Brown rice,Collard Greens,and Pumpkin Muffins.
    Moms brings the Yams/Sweet potatoes,Cranberry(ols school out the can) and champagne.

Just wanna eat w/ my folks and that's it.

I dont really "celebrate".

• i gave water color paintings that i did years ago, put them in frames i took off my walls (will need new frames for the pics i took out). one to my folks and one to my friends who are a couple. i received 2 dvds and my folks are giving me a check.

• my folks are giving me a check.

So how much?

• I just lost my pops a few weeks ago. My fam decided to postpone xmas. We may do it in February or something. I could bring myself to go home yet.
    Due to travel with the funeral and being caught out of town without dress clothes, I spent a lot of money.
    I didn't have much to spend. I got my girl a few things she digs. I would have loved to lavish gifts on her and everyone, but it has been rough.
    I did discover the quality of people I have surrounded myself with. I have had a real memorable Xmas this year.

• I'm really sorry to hear about that. I know that probably doesn't mean shit coming from a total stranger on the internet, but it sounds like you are around good people/family to help you get through it all.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I just lost my pops a few weeks ago. My fam decided to postpone xmas. We may do it in February or something. I could bring myself to go home yet.
    Due to travel with the funeral and being caught out of town without dress clothes, I spent a lot of money.
    I didn't have much to spend. I got my girl a few things she digs. I would have loved to lavish gifts on her and everyone, but it has been rough.
    I did discover the quality of people I have surrounded myself with. I have had a real memorable Xmas this year.

This is my first "Holiday" w/out my pops as well. Keep your head up.

• I have a real problem with people seeing me in a weakened state. I posted about it on a couple message boards I frequent. It gave me a curtain to hide behind and talk about how I feel. So I appreciated it man.

I have found myself in a deep depression for the last year and change. I OD'd this year and woke up in an ER. Stuck in a mental ward for a few days. I avoid connecting with people at a deep level because I am real empathetic. I will take on pain of others. Knowing my dad hurt, hurt me.

For the first time in ages I am feeling hopeful again. Even though I have some amazing experiences to reflect on, I finally feel my best days are ahead.

Scion is flying me out to LA for their Hypeman Contest on 1/5. I got a couple mixtapes I am putting together and taking serious. I have a film role that should start shooting soon. I am a little behind on booking SXSW stuff, I have confidence something will come together.

My life has been a series of extreme ups and downs. I finally feel I am getting back on the surf side of the wave again.

• I think I made a joke post once and dude took it seriously.

actually, it was several posts in a thread, and the entire board took you seriously since you never really said 'kidding!'

Happy Holidays, Mr. Pink

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I think I made a joke post once and dude took it seriously.

actually, it was several posts in a thread, and the entire board took you seriously since you never really said 'kidding!'

Happy Holidays, Mr. Pink
    It's really not my fault that people are gullible and um, wasn't that thread like nearly a year ago? Stalkerish?

• I only stalk people I truly, deeply love.