I'm in Celeste, TX

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Google Maps it.Then think really hard about it.Then look around where you live and say "hey, not so bad..."

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    it's by wolfe city according to the googles. that sounds like it could be an adventure.

"you think yur bettur than us wit yur fancy city clothes, huh bwoy!"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Google Maps it.

Then think really hard about it.

Then look around where you live and say "hey, not so bad..."

Dude

This is like me going to Bakersfield and judging all of California as a stereotype.

NO ONE goes to Celeste, Texas.....not even people from Wolfe City......it's a generic East Texas meth infested, inbred trailer park sewer that could have been the setting for the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"

Dude

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    You're only about 45 minutes from me here in Dallas if you got a car and are looking for something to do.

• it's by wolfe city according to the googles. that sounds like it could be an adventure.

"you think yur bettur than us wit yur fancy city clothes, huh bwoy!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    SAYS THE GUY WEARING A WOLFSKIN LOIN-CLOTH AND WOLF BLOOD SMEARED ON HIS FACE

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Moleste, TX

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I just shipped a box here:

View Larger Map

Celeste is southwest of Bug Tussle and just east of Frognot.....for real.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The google street view for Celeste is Amazing. I'm surprised they were able to catch so much hustle and bustle. Not to mention that the street view van even visited Celeste to begin with.

The dry goods haberdasher, cosignment & pharmacy at 192 W. Sanger looks like it might have some heat. You can prolly finish out your Precious Moments figurine collection there.

The dry goods haberdasher, cosignment & pharmacy at 192 W. Sanger looks like it might have some heat. You can prolly finish out your Precious Moments figurine collection there.

Are they sold out of Beanie Babies?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Let's see...

1. loves the banjo...check.

2. joined the military...check.

3. gets visibly upset when faced with opinions that don't jibe with own...check.

4. goes to Celeste, Texas on his own accord...check.

etc.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,091 Posts

Are they sold out of Beanie Babies?

I bet their MLP game is otherworldly.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Actually I was just outside of the "city limits". Frognot seemed like a nice place though.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Google Maps it.

Then think really hard about it.

Then look around where you live and say "hey, not so bad..."

Dude

This is like me going to Bakersfield and judging all of California as a stereotype.

NO ONE goes to Celeste, Texas.....not even people from Wolfe City......it's a generic East Texas meth infested, inbred trailer park sewer that could have been the setting for the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"

Dude

THis is not correct, because Bakersfield goes against the typical "california" stereotype. LA would have been a better choice maybe.

But I don't judge all of Texas by Celeste, or Frognot for that matter. I wish I would have read the rest of this thread sooner though. I didn't know I could have scored some meth. Meth On The Farm - not just a great indie band name.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i'm in clovis, ca right now.
    shoot me in the face.
    i went to a small bar and got a few drinks with my little sister though. that was ok.
    i'm leaving tomorrow. early.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Its almost like we need a "welcome back to the real world (in our private san diego beach gardens)" type party.

I might own a house next week, so we'll see whats happening. plus you gotta meet my spawn.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    indeed.

page me.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

NO ONE goes to Celeste, Texas

I beg to differ. I got a bunch of records out of that junk shop on the main square - all late 70s/early 80s 12"s. My prized copy of Spoonin Rap came from there.

Go up 69 about 10 miles to Leonard, TX and I can show you where to get an inspection sticker without even having to have your car inspected.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Next time you are there you should eat at Sabine's Rockin' Cafe.

Seriously.

NO ONE goes to Celeste, Texas

I beg to differ. I got a bunch of records out of that junk shop on the main square - all late 70s/early 80s 12"s. My prized copy of Spoonin Rap came from there.

Go up 69 about 10 miles to Leonard, TX and I can show you where to get an inspection sticker without even having to have your car inspected.

I would go to the gates of Hell to buy records....I just wouldn't spend the night.

I'm imagining this scene in my head....

"Hey you....boy....that's right you, with the top hat and banjo....you're not from around these parts are you....you're one of those Cal - I - Forn - Ya pretty boy's ain't cha".

If all your past Texas hate was based on time spent in Celeste I'm afraid it's a skewed view......hell, you didn't even hit big cities like Balch Springs or Quitman.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Well, I did spend a few nights in Keller!

Well, I did spend a few nights in Keller!

You were minutes from me then......next time let's hook up and allow Rerog and I to show you that Texas is not as bad as you think it is......deal?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I've had fun in Tx, I just like to talk shit!

But yeah, next time we'll hang out. This trip was all about the family meeting the baby, etc....

• Don't be afraid to hit Denton ifn you're looking for some skinny jeans and awful post-rock bands. Actually, a buddy of mine is spinning at a club there called Hailey's tomorrow night, although the towering wacknuss of the cats who will be in attendance might dissuade anybody.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Don't be afraid to hit Denton ifn you're looking for some Strike>skinny jeans and awful post-rock bands unplayed Solid Gold Reuve LPs.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Don't be afraid to hit Denton ifn you're looking for some skinny jeans and awful post-rock bands unplayed Solid Gold Reuve LPs.

No. No records in Denton...Thanks for playing.